Updated root 1.49

Search This thread

Dc_striker

Jan 6, 2008
Las Vegas
READ IT BEFORE DOING IT

How to get into recovery
This is the way i figured how to get it into adb. I spent all day figuring this out.
It will take a couple tries but it will work
-Go to sdk folder then usb driver folder
-Make sure you have added to the inf file ; HTC Eris
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C98
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0BB4&PID_0C98&MI_01
-Have a formated sd with allocation size of 4096.Don't format with phone do it with card reader or if you can't do it with usb...
-Boot your phone into HBoot with sdcard in.
-When the screen turns on wait a sec pop out sdcard make sure it doesn't scan sdcard.
-Start loop.bat or .sh
-Push volume up for recovery before wait 4 secs before your computer makes the sound pop it in.
-^^^Make sure you got around 3-5 secs before pushing it in

What to do when in adb recovery
-Do down volume and power and hit update it will fail.
-Adb push ota.zip /sdcard/update.zip
-Adb push root.zip /sdcard
-Have this command ready don't do it yet.
-Adb push update.zip /sdcard
-Press Hit run update.zip, as soon as you see a the green lil bar on your phone. PRESS ENTER ON CMD.
-Go to the partitions menu and mount system
-Go back and press update select install any zip from sdcard.
-Choose root.zip
-Reboot phone and install superuser.apk and allow it.
-Do adb shell then su if you see # you have root
-Download rom manager from market.
-Flash recovery ra or clockworkmod.
-^^^ if it doesn't let you, you messed up on rooting it.

Ill post a video of me doing it later. To lazy now

ADB RECOVERY VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uhc3SvOS6r4

PS ill figure it out later how i did with more practice :D
and don't flame or say video fake.. Or i just won't figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK_A0lH8uFM/color]
I forgot that my digital camera can take video, duh. I can make one too if you want.

What would you need? Would a shot of the HBOOT screen showing 1.49 S-ON and then hitting <VOL UP> booting into Amon_RA recovery (to prove root) do it?

It really sucks that this procedure is such a living hell. Blame HTC for locking these things down so tightly in the first place. This is my first rooted phone and being able to play around with the custom roms and to do an image backup is pretty cool.

I see a lot of people in the Incredible root thread using the same basic method to root are having a tough time too. Misery loves company I guess.
^^^^^ proof right there

Another method
Alright sorry about that but it was like 4 in the mourning. I will use the other guys post for the slide and explain what I did.

The main thing I did different was as soon as pushed down to go to hboot I ejected my memory card at the exact same time. No scan or anything. Once I got to the part where I ran the loop I hit control C to stop it and and it was smooth sailing from there.

Memory card was a sandisk 8 gig that I formatted to 4096 in windows seven. I basically use both write up but I actually finished using the slide write

Place the Contents of "Slide Root.zip" into your Android SDK Tools folder.

Step 2.
Open Command Prompt or Terminal and CD to the SDK/Tools Directory.

Step 3.
Power on the Slide into the bootloader by Holding Down ( Volume Down + Power Button )

Step 4.
Now run your loop file from the prompt (either type "loop" in windows or "./loop.sh" in a *nix like)

Step 5.
Once your loop is running in your prompt, select Recovery from the bootloader menu.

Step 6.
When recovery loads, you should Have an Offline Device. You can use ctrl+c to stop your script & see.
If this doesn't happen, Power Off and try again..

Step 7.
Un-plug your USB cable from the back of your phone & Plug it back in for it to Detect ADB Correctly!!! This is an important step. At this point you can adb devices to see if you can see your device and that it is in recovery mode.

Step 8.
Hit Volume Up + Power button to Bring up the Selectable Menu
Select Update.zip from the menu. (This will fail, but we already know that! Select it anyway).

Step 9.
adb push ota.zip /sdcard/update.zip (*nixlike users add a ./ in front of all terminal commands please.)

Step 11.
adb push slideroot.zip /sdcard

Step 12.
This is Very important!! Have this Command ready in your prompt before applying update.zip again!!

adb push update.zip /sdcard

step 13.
Hit run update.zip, as soon as you see a Little Bar appear under the text push Enter to execute the command in your prompt (adb push update.zip /sdcard )

Step 14.
In successful, you should see Clockwork Recovery. If unsuccessful, repeat steps 12 & 13.

Step 15.
Now, go to the Partitions menu and Mount System

step 16.
Go back one level & select install any zip from sdcard. Select slideroot.zip & apply update from zip (This will finish the Root process).

Step 17.
Reboot your phone & wait for it to load completely. To confirm that your slide is connected as a device use the command adb devices. If this works, you will see it as a device. Your prompt will say something like:

$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached
HT05YUP12710 device

Step 18.
adb install Superuser.apk (If this looks like it works, but says it cannot locate directories, make sure you can find your device using adb devices… If things still don't work, my best advice is to start over)

Step 19.
After Superuser is installed try to use adb to shell to your device.

adb shell
you will get a $

Then type su

Superuser should pop-up asking if you give permission, do so.
Your $ should turn into a #. If so, you have root.

Attachments

• Root.zip
    5.1 MB · Views: 823
Last edited:

listyb01

May 21, 2009
Detroit, MI
Yea I'm sure it will work eventually. Can you give me a few details?

Debug on or off?
pc connection settings (on eris)?
Anything else important that I may be over looking? :D

Congrats on the root! Froyo was just posted so looks like your first custom ROM can be a 2.2 build.

Dc_striker

Jan 6, 2008
Las Vegas
Yea I'm sure it will work eventually. Can you give me a few details?

Debug on or off?
pc connection settings (on eris)?
Anything else important that I may be over looking? :D

Congrats on the root! Froyo was just posted so looks like your first custom ROM can be a 2.2 build.

just look at the link i posted i just followed everything on there, but its either i popped in before recovery popped up or pop out and in in recovery

AcidRoot

Feb 23, 2010
Does anybody know where loop.sh is i want to try this on my linux machine but can't find it and have no idea how to do it in bash