[Q] Changing form RELOCKED to LOCKED

Search This thread

icemanroh

Feb 5, 2013
Mumbai
My phone is rooted but now I wanna go back to unroot status. The phone is apparently running stock ROM & I've locked the bootloader but it shows 'RELOCKED' which means my warranty is void. The phone reboots frequently & freezes sometime at the boot screen. Initially I thought its a software issue so rooted my phone & installed ROMs which were available here. The issue still persists & I believe its the same old issue of a faulty motherboard. So to claim the warranty I want the bootloader to show 'LOCKED' not RELOCKED. Can anyone help please OR I'm busted for sure?

*** RELOCKED ***
PRIMODS PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-1.14.0001
RADIO-1.10.34D.17
eMMC-BOOT
Apr 30 2012, 11:02:15

Rew64

May 17, 2010
Once you unlock the bootloader it can never be Locked again only Relocked.

I killed the mother board on my last phone then sent it back under warranty for a replacement. Got a new motherboard no problem.

icemanroh

Feb 5, 2013
Mumbai
Good luck :fingers-crossed:

Took three weeks to get back by the way :rolleyes:

:victory: Got my phone back. They changed the motherboard. :victory:

Lesson Learnt: :p
Even if your phone is Unlocked (Bootloader is showing 'Unlocked') just ensure that when you give it to any service center u change it to 'Relocked' status. The first thing these people do is they flash your phone with RUU. Once they do it, bootloader status changes to 'Lock' something which we cant do as of now. If you keep the phone in 'Unlocked' status then they won't be able to flash your device & will easily come to know that you have unlocked your bootloader.

I got my device back in 2 weeks. Its kinda they know that many Desire V are having problems with motherboard so they don't take much of a hassle of trying different things out to make your device work. They simple replace the motherboard.

swanicorn

Mar 10, 2013
Pune
Opera mini browser problem

I am new to this forum so don't know if I am paying this in the right place. I have faced a problem with using Opera mini on this phone. When I come back to opera from the multi tasking key, it force closes. How can I solve this issue. Have you guys faced this problem? Is it a ROM problem or a hardware problem? I am from India and my phone is on the factory provided firmware. Nothing like rooting done yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Good luck :fingers-crossed:

Took three weeks to get back by the way :rolleyes:

:victory: Got my phone back. They changed the motherboard. :victory:

Lesson Learnt: :p
    Even if your phone is Unlocked (Bootloader is showing 'Unlocked') just ensure that when you give it to any service center u change it to 'Relocked' status. The first thing these people do is they flash your phone with RUU. Once they do it, bootloader status changes to 'Lock' something which we cant do as of now. If you keep the phone in 'Unlocked' status then they won't be able to flash your device & will easily come to know that you have unlocked your bootloader.

I got my device back in 2 weeks. Its kinda they know that many Desire V are having problems with motherboard so they don't take much of a hassle of trying different things out to make your device work. They simple replace the motherboard.