HD+ rebooted itself from CM SD to stock emmc

Search This thread

everfrost

Dec 17, 2013
Something really weird happened to my HD+. I was walking by my nook and I noticed that stock was booting from emmc, but it did so by itself. Before this the nook was either off or had CM running from the SD. No one touched it. It's possible that something was pushed against the power button, but how would it boot from emmc with a working CM SD inside? I did download the generic B&N app from apps.evozi.com . I was not able to get the apk from that chrome extension or by spoofing the nook device name. I certainly hope getting the apk from a third party website has nothing to do with it. Any ideas?

I'm using CM 10.1-20130904 .

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
If one of your apps causes what is called a kernel panic, the device will reboot and ignore the SD and boot directly what is installed on emmc. This was an issue with the early builds of CM10.1 running from SD and has been corrected in later builds. But it may still happen occasionally.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: everfrost

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If one of your apps causes what is called a kernel panic, the device will reboot and ignore the SD and boot directly what is installed on emmc. This was an issue with the early builds of CM10.1 running from SD and has been corrected in later builds. But it may still happen occasionally.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app