HOW TO: Flash ROMs with Odin3 v1.82 UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Search This thread

scarygood536

Jul 7, 2011
Rochester, NY
Flashing Roms with Odin and CWM from a stock phone and of course gaining root!​

Warning!:I am in no way what so ever so help me Tom Cruise for any damage caused to your device. Although flashing is rather simple and straight forward you still run the risk of bricking your phone. Rooting and installing non-supported Roms does void and warranty you have with Verizon or Samsung. Warranty can be restored only if you flash back to stock firmware unrooted. Do NOT ever unplug your phone in the middle of a flash even if it appears to be locked up! Doing so will probably brick your phone and render it useless (well it sure would make for a fancy paperweight). ALWAYS make sure you have a reliable usb connection (take care of your usb cord and plug into a usb in the back of the machine). Download all Roms from credible sources and make sure they are complete and not corrupt. READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY. If you don't pay attention you can forever kill your phone!​

"Updated, but waiting for DLSR camera for better pictures" T- probably next weekend

Everyone download these tools:

Windows Flashing utility called Odin: (if you decide to go this route

(I've included the links to both 1.85 and 1.83. Some users report errors while flashing and have better luck flashing with 1.83 or the other way around)

Odin3 1.85
Odin3 1.83

Samsung's phone drivers
Download

Latest Recovery CWM
Download

A way to open zip and .rar files I suggest Download"]WinRar[/URL]

Rom of choice! ~Only download ROMS of both odin and CWM zips from The Droid Charge forums. No other phones ROMs will work and you will break your phone.

Odin Roms *Also note only flash .md5 files

Stock latest ROM: Download *if you have stock fp1 ROM from verizon already, Follow instructions from CWM flashing "Part A"

Stock latest ROM "debloated" (no bloatware): Download

Tweakstock (custom developer created ROM): Found at this thread. Sometimes developers will make odin packages that contain a custom ROM,kernel,CWM packaged as on .md5 file. With these packages you can just flash with Odin and can omit flashing Recovery CWM

Download plain custom Rom

Download Packaged Rom that includes custom Kernel,ROM,CWM

CWM ROMS Flashable after Latest CWM is flashed to phone with the help of Odin ;)

Stock Kernel
Download

Stock Debloated rooted
Download

SU Binary- Will "Root the device" No UI or system changes
Download

Tweakstock 2.0 ROM only~ 2.2 is current but you have to update through Tweaktools (a web based utility for modifying Tweakstock)

Download

Tweakstock with PBJ Kernel
Download

Tweakstock with PBJ Kernel and File system formatted to ext4 (improves read and write of the physical memory) you will lose all data
Download

Dictionary....
Odin 1.82or 1.85- Odin is the flashing utility you will run on your windows computer to flash your Droid charge. Pay close attention to what options you press and double check what you click as to prevent fatal mistakes. Remember to give Odin "administrator rights" by right clicking on the icon and selecting "Run as Administrator" if using Windows Vista or 7

Samsung Drivers- these are non-negotiable, download them and install them even if you think you already have them. They are necessary to connect your phone to your computer. Installing these drivers can elude problems that might occur when flashing with Odin

ROM of Choice- This is the Modified or stock "Operating system" if you will. These have to be flashed using either ODIN or CWM depending on what you downloaded.

Bloated (stock)- Contains all the (sometimes) useless garbage that both Verizon and Google put on your phone pre-loaded. This can sometimes cause lower performance and shorter battery life.​
De-Bloated- Basic app's and packages are loaded and nothing else. The OS is stripped of its extra goodies(usually preloaded apps like "Let's Play Golf"). This version tends to be faster and leaves you with maybe a little better battery (due to less apps running in the background), but lacks some features or programs you might want from the stock ROM​

Latest CWM- This also needs to be flashed to your device. It is an added safety feature that can help when flashes go wrong. As well as it contains system tweaks. Also, some roms update through this. Flash this!

WinRar- A utility for your computer to unpackage many different file types. Specifically rar files and 7z files. The trial never stops working. Good program to have on your computer.

Kernel- Pretty much a under laying code that functions under the ROM. Generally this is where the Operating system is told it's limitations and how to do certain functions like charging, processor speeds, GPU speed, etc...

ROM- Stands for "Read only memory". this is because once it is flashed to the phone it cannot be edited or modified. This is where the majority of OS resides.

CWM- Stands for Clockworkmod. This is the Recovery program that will replace the stock program. The stock recovery isn't powerful enough and doesn't allow us to flash custom roms.

Ext4- A file system type. Similar to Fat32 or Ntfs filesystems found on windows hard drives. Stock file system is "rfs". While Ext4 may boost read and write speeds of the device, I find rfs to be more stable and produce less problems. Ext4 conversions will wipe all data.

PBJ Kernel A modified kernel by our dev Imnuts. you can find out more about it here at this >Thread

SuperUser- This is the elevated privilege level know as root. This allows you to read and write the system. This is why it is dangerous for rogue apps to gain root privileges. An app, SU manages apps that are allowed root and will prompt you when an app is requesting to gain elevated privileges.

If you would like more explained feel free to request a definition

****Now is the time to back up all your contacts. I recommend doing it with Google or by sending them to the Sim card. Verizon's backup isn't as reliable in my experiences. Some ROMs my not have Verizon's backup in them as they run in the background.****

What everyone must do: **Programs found above in Downloads section**

-Install Odin3 1.82 or 1.85 (1.85 recommended)
-Install Samsung Drivers
-Download CWM
-Create a folder on your computer to store all your phone download goodness
-Download whatever Rom you want to flash (CWM or Odin) this will take a while so might as well do it while you read.

Ok begin!: Choose you method for flashing! 8 I recommend Part A: CWM, It is the easiest and it harder to screw up your phone. Not to mention almost all new Roms are published as a flash-able .zip file not a odin .md5 file. HOWEVER, I also recommend learning Odin as if anything goes wrong Odins the only program that can save the day( Kind of ironic that it's also the program that can kill your day if you mess up. Don't fear though, if you follow the directions you will be fine).

NOTE: When you flash with Odin you will Lose all data, Also, With CWM flashes I HIGHLY recommend wiping and restoring to factory, but it is not necessary. (less problems occur after flashing between ROMS)

Part A= CWM Method or Part B= Odin Method

Pre-Method​
- CWM flashers do this first
*omit for Odin flashers.

1. Confirm all downloads are complete and move files to desktop or a dedicated folder.

downloadfiles.png

3. Open location where you downloaded Odin to and drag Odin icon to desktop

4. Install samsung Drivers (I'm guessing you all are capable of doing this without explaining but if you need help let me know)

installsamsungdrivers.png

5. Open Odin 1.82

openodin.png

6. Turn OFF your phone

turnoffphone.jpg

7. Now put your phone in download mode
Hold the "Volume down" key and plug phone into usb.
Alternative: Hold Volume Down and press power.​
HINT: if that is a no go, take out the battery. While holding volume down, plug your usb cable in. Download mode should appear. Put battery back in.​
downloadmode.jpg

8. Connected to computer via a good OEM usb cable if you haven't done so already. (it is recommended to use the usb at the back of your computer, If flash fails switch to a different one and try again)

pluginusb.jpg

9. Notice Odin will pick up the device.
First bottom white slot should now be yellow with a "[COMx] x~ notates any number can be here​

odinrecognize.png

10. IMPORTANT: Check PDA and only PDA (under Files [Download])

checkPDA.png

11. Click PDA button

12. Browse to where your "Recovery MD5" ~you should have downloaded this in the beginning of the post.

Odinbrowseforfileopenrecovery-1.jpg

13. Double check that you only selected PDA

14. Triple check you only checked PDA

Odin3185freshscreenpressthese.jpg

Re-Partition--- Unchecked
Flash Lock--- Unchecked
Auto Reboot--- Checked if you would like your charge to reboot after the flash
F. Reset Time--- Checked
phone EFS Clear--- Unchecked
Phone Bootloader Update--- Unchecked
BOOTLOADER--- Unchecked
PDA--- Checked
Phone--- Unchecked
CSC--- Unchecked​

15. Now click Start button

start.png

16. WAIT

17. yellow bar should go green and a message should display on the page saying it Passed
OdinRecoveryflashcomplete.jpg

18. If flash "FAILED" don't fret. Try it again. play around with flashing with and flashing without the battery in. If continues to fail re-download the Recovery and try again.

19. Custom "Recovery" now installed on device

20. Reboot phone if it hasn't done so already

letphonereboot.jpg

If flashing process fails or you boot loop (Samsung logo keeps appearing)...

Turn off your phone or remove the battery.
Place phone in download mode (volume down then plug phone into a power source)
Put battery back in
reflash in odin

Pre-Method Finished​

Method "A" CWM Flash

1. Complete the Pre-Method

2. If you are just rooting and do not want to flash a custom rom download "Su Binary zip" Here.
If not proceed to step 3

3. While device is on, Connect usb to computer

4. On your Droid Charge, Press "Connect storage to PC" button

5. Click "Continue without scanning" on your PC, if it shows up

6. Browse to the Droid Charges SD card via " Computer" if it doesn't automatically launch

7. Place your "Su Binary" (if just rooting) or Rom of choice either on the root of the card or in a folder of your choice

8. Turn off your phone

SC20120722-170605.png

9. Now reboot into CWM Recovery on your phone

To boot into Recovery- Hold: Power+ Volume up+ Home buttons when phone is "OFF" until samsung is displayed. Boot should then take you to CWM should be a cyan colored menu screen.

IMG_0719.jpg

10.Navigate to "Mounts and Storage". (using the volume buttons and power to select)

IMG_0722.jpg

11. Select mount /System (it will change to /unmount when properly mounted)

IMG_0723.jpg

12.Select mount /Data (I do this just in case)

13. Select +++++Go Back+++++

14. Select "Install zip from sdcard

15. Find you Rom or the Su Binary zip, select it

16. Select Install

17. WAIT until flash finished

18. select "reboot system now"

19. Let system reboot (will take longer than normal on first boot)

20. Congratulations and pat yourself on the back for a new rooted and\or a fresh new custom ROM

• Remember you can substitute the Rom with another ROM, a Kernel, updated CWM, Or any other updated .zip file designed for the charge

Method B

1. Confirm all downloads are complete and move files to desktop or a dedicated folder.

downloadfiles.png

2. Install WinRar to unzip or unrar .md5 file if applicable

4. Install samsung Drivers (I'm guessing you all are capable of doing this without explaining but if you need help let me know)

5. Open Odin 1.82

openodin.png

6. Turn OFF your phone

turnoffphone.jpg

HINT: if that is a no go, take out the battery. While holding volume down, plug your usb cable in. Download mode should appear. Put battery back in.​
downloadmode.jpg

8. Connected to computer via a good OEM usb cable if you haven't done so already. (it is recommended to use the usb at the back of your computer, If flash fails switch to a different one and try again)

pluginusb.jpg

First bottom white slot should now be yellow with a "[COMx] x~ notates any number can be here​

odinrecognize.png

checkPDA.png

11. Click PDA button

12. Browse to where your Rom is located ~you should have downloaded this in the beginning of the post.

openrom.png

Flash Lock--- Unchecked
F. Reset Time--- Checked
BOOTLOADER--- Unchecked
PDA--- Checked
Phone--- Unchecked
CSC--- Unchecked​

start.png

16. WAIT

17. yellow bar should go green and a message should display on the page saying it Passed

18. If flash "FAILED" don't fret. Try it again. play around with flashing with and flashing without the battery in. If continues to fail re-download the Recovery and try again.

19. Custom Rom should now installed on device

20. Repeat but now flash the custom recovery and a custom kernel if your Rom was not a "Packaged" Rom

Put battery back in
reflash in odin

Tips:

If you lose "root" flash the "SU Binary" through CWM

Be patient and pay attention!

~Made for noobs by a noob ;)

if reflashing doesnt work revert to DaleV's unbricking tutorial HERE

CREDITS: A BIG Thank You!- I am not asking for donations, but please consider donating to these great developers
IMNUTS- created the recovery
P3Droid- Provided original leak to us all
danalo1979- Provided a nice reference to links and compiled recovery into ROM for ease of use.
DaleV- recovering after fail tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1026746
Other Devs- that are working around the clock to tweak these ROMs and make them better

Last edited:

Mig1234

Apr 2, 2011
awesome

Very nice explanation. This was desperately needed for Newbies. You should also put up the resolve for those that get the "manual movi" thingy and think they briked their phone.

Last edited:

hogowner

Jul 13, 2010
NYC #1
Scary..great explanation...the only thing I will add is to go into download mode...you do not have to press the power button....if you hold down the volume down button...it will go into download mode.......

:)

Reactions: scarygood536

budsy

Jul 8, 2011
What's the skinny on removing the SIM card?
I have seen it mentioned that it must be removed, that it interfered with odin-flash when removed, and not mentioned at all. Any definitive answers? I have personally odined both with it in and out, and have not encountered difficulty either way. Sometimes battery out works, sometimes it fails, same with different usb ports. Fickle little device, but it is forgiving :)

Reactions: scarygood536

scarygood536

Jul 7, 2011
Rochester, NY
I have seen it mentioned that it must be removed, that it interfered with odin-flash when removed, and not mentioned at all. Any definitive answers? I have personally odined both with it in and out, and have not encountered difficulty either way. Sometimes battery out works, sometimes it fails, same with different usb ports. Fickle little device, but it is forgiving :)

Honestly I always leave it in unless the ROM developer specifies otherwise. I think it has something to do with updating the radio. But I am not positive. A developer or one with more knowledge of flashing probably could tell you. I have seen though if it is in it can cause problems, through reading on the forum. But flashing with stock or leaked firmwares leaving it in shouldn't bother it

For me I've never been able to flash with battery out. A couple flashing tutorials have told me to leave it out however personally i have to leave it in.

Thankyou for mentioning the usb. I probably should mention it is sometimes better to use a back usb port.

Last edited:

scarygood536

Jul 7, 2011
Rochester, NY
ok coming from a noob,

This is perfect.
Had my DC for 1 day, then rooted, and running froyo humble 1.3,

Tonight, now the GB 2.3.4.

This really should be sticky'd.

Thanks,

John

Thanks good to hear. Just be warned 2.3.4 does have some issues that need to be worked out. Not that serious, but you may wish to go with the Humble ROM as you would be getting more support and updates to improve the system over the stock 2.3.4.

Good Luck!
Jeff

code4chaosmobile

Jul 29, 2010
waseca
works great

I used the EP1H rom.. debloated verzion, err version.. ok bad joke.. so far so good.. i do like the go launcher, but will go back to my favorite launcherpro.. i'll reply after i've had time to post any issues i may come across.. got so used to rom manager with original droid, odin is different, i'll give it that

scarygood536

Jul 7, 2011
Rochester, NY
Once you have the firmware build you want, being froyo EE4 or gingerbread EP1G\H, you can pretty much just flash roms with zips in CWM. Less I touch Odin the better.

guruleenyc

Aug 6, 2010
CT
Thanks for this very informative and helpful post!

The Droid Charge was funny, the only way to get into DL mode was to remove the battery, plug in the USB and press vol. down. But the ODIN process would fail until I inserted the battery after the fact.

Last edited:

neyenlives

Oct 11, 2010
You probably wont see many stickies on this site. Just because we have a "Look here First" thread that this is located in

I spent a good 20-30 minutes searching manually and using the site search feature before I finally came across this thread. I didn't come looking for GB info specifically. I was looking for a recent Odin download link. True, in the stickies there is a thread with packs which include Odin, along with 650Mb of other files I didn't want. Odin is a 500Kb file and is essential to all flashing at some point. That's why I feel a sticky is certainly warranted because it contains GB info which is where we are going and Odin links as well.

scarygood536

Jul 7, 2011
Rochester, NY
should voodoo be completely removed from phone before the procedure? and thanks awesome thread

Nope I didn't have to. As long as you are going to a stock ROM and not a modified ROM (gummycharged or Humble...) you should be good to go. Just be sure Wipe data and cache (i think you don't even need to do this but do it just in case) Voodoo doesn't even work with GB, so if you download a packaged version (includes CWM and is rooted) of GB you are good to go, However if you download just the firmware itself and no the recovery, make sure you do download a updated CWM from IMNUTS post that is compatible with GB.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Flashing Roms with Odin and CWM from a stock phone and of course gaining root!​

Warning!:I am in no way what so ever so help me Tom Cruise for any damage caused to your device. Although flashing is rather simple and straight forward you still run the risk of bricking your phone. Rooting and installing non-supported Roms does void and warranty you have with Verizon or Samsung. Warranty can be restored only if you flash back to stock firmware unrooted. Do NOT ever unplug your phone in the middle of a flash even if it appears to be locked up! Doing so will probably brick your phone and render it useless (well it sure would make for a fancy paperweight). ALWAYS make sure you have a reliable usb connection (take care of your usb cord and plug into a usb in the back of the machine). Download all Roms from credible sources and make sure they are complete and not corrupt. READ THE DIRECTIONS CAREFULLY. If you don't pay attention you can forever kill your phone!​

"Updated, but waiting for DLSR camera for better pictures" T- probably next weekend

Everyone download these tools:

Windows Flashing utility called Odin: (if you decide to go this route

(I've included the links to both 1.85 and 1.83. Some users report errors while flashing and have better luck flashing with 1.83 or the other way around)

Odin3 1.85
    Odin3 1.83

Samsung's phone drivers
    Download

Latest Recovery CWM
    Download

A way to open zip and .rar files I suggest Download"]WinRar[/URL]

Rom of choice! ~Only download ROMS of both odin and CWM zips from The Droid Charge forums. No other phones ROMs will work and you will break your phone.

Odin Roms *Also note only flash .md5 files

Stock latest ROM: Download *if you have stock fp1 ROM from verizon already, Follow instructions from CWM flashing "Part A"

Stock latest ROM "debloated" (no bloatware): Download

Tweakstock (custom developer created ROM): Found at this thread. Sometimes developers will make odin packages that contain a custom ROM,kernel,CWM packaged as on .md5 file. With these packages you can just flash with Odin and can omit flashing Recovery CWM

Download plain custom Rom

Download Packaged Rom that includes custom Kernel,ROM,CWM

CWM ROMS Flashable after Latest CWM is flashed to phone with the help of Odin ;)

Stock Kernel
    Download

Stock Debloated rooted
    Download

SU Binary- Will "Root the device" No UI or system changes
    Download

Tweakstock 2.0 ROM only~ 2.2 is current but you have to update through Tweaktools (a web based utility for modifying Tweakstock)

Download

Tweakstock with PBJ Kernel
    Download

Tweakstock with PBJ Kernel and File system formatted to ext4 (improves read and write of the physical memory) you will lose all data
    Download

Dictionary....
    Odin 1.82or 1.85- Odin is the flashing utility you will run on your windows computer to flash your Droid charge. Pay close attention to what options you press and double check what you click as to prevent fatal mistakes. Remember to give Odin "administrator rights" by right clicking on the icon and selecting "Run as Administrator" if using Windows Vista or 7

Samsung Drivers- these are non-negotiable, download them and install them even if you think you already have them. They are necessary to connect your phone to your computer. Installing these drivers can elude problems that might occur when flashing with Odin

ROM of Choice- This is the Modified or stock "Operating system" if you will. These have to be flashed using either ODIN or CWM depending on what you downloaded.

Bloated (stock)- Contains all the (sometimes) useless garbage that both Verizon and Google put on your phone pre-loaded. This can sometimes cause lower performance and shorter battery life.​
    De-Bloated- Basic app's and packages are loaded and nothing else. The OS is stripped of its extra goodies(usually preloaded apps like "Let's Play Golf"). This version tends to be faster and leaves you with maybe a little better battery (due to less apps running in the background), but lacks some features or programs you might want from the stock ROM​

Latest CWM- This also needs to be flashed to your device. It is an added safety feature that can help when flashes go wrong. As well as it contains system tweaks. Also, some roms update through this. Flash this!

WinRar- A utility for your computer to unpackage many different file types. Specifically rar files and 7z files. The trial never stops working. Good program to have on your computer.

Kernel- Pretty much a under laying code that functions under the ROM. Generally this is where the Operating system is told it's limitations and how to do certain functions like charging, processor speeds, GPU speed, etc...

ROM- Stands for "Read only memory". this is because once it is flashed to the phone it cannot be edited or modified. This is where the majority of OS resides.

CWM- Stands for Clockworkmod. This is the Recovery program that will replace the stock program. The stock recovery isn't powerful enough and doesn't allow us to flash custom roms.

Ext4- A file system type. Similar to Fat32 or Ntfs filesystems found on windows hard drives. Stock file system is "rfs". While Ext4 may boost read and write speeds of the device, I find rfs to be more stable and produce less problems. Ext4 conversions will wipe all data.

PBJ Kernel A modified kernel by our dev Imnuts. you can find out more about it here at this >Thread

SuperUser- This is the elevated privilege level know as root. This allows you to read and write the system. This is why it is dangerous for rogue apps to gain root privileges. An app, SU manages apps that are allowed root and will prompt you when an app is requesting to gain elevated privileges.

If you would like more explained feel free to request a definition

****Now is the time to back up all your contacts. I recommend doing it with Google or by sending them to the Sim card. Verizon's backup isn't as reliable in my experiences. Some ROMs my not have Verizon's backup in them as they run in the background.****

What everyone must do: **Programs found above in Downloads section**

-Install Odin3 1.82 or 1.85 (1.85 recommended)
    -Install Samsung Drivers
    -Download CWM
    -Create a folder on your computer to store all your phone download goodness
    -Download whatever Rom you want to flash (CWM or Odin) this will take a while so might as well do it while you read.

Ok begin!: Choose you method for flashing! 8 I recommend Part A: CWM, It is the easiest and it harder to screw up your phone. Not to mention almost all new Roms are published as a flash-able .zip file not a odin .md5 file. HOWEVER, I also recommend learning Odin as if anything goes wrong Odins the only program that can save the day( Kind of ironic that it's also the program that can kill your day if you mess up. Don't fear though, if you follow the directions you will be fine).

NOTE: When you flash with Odin you will Lose all data, Also, With CWM flashes I HIGHLY recommend wiping and restoring to factory, but it is not necessary. (less problems occur after flashing between ROMS)

Part A= CWM Method or Part B= Odin Method

Pre-Method​
    - CWM flashers do this first
    *omit for Odin flashers.

downloadfiles.png

5. Open Odin 1.82

openodin.png

6. Turn OFF your phone

turnoffphone.jpg

downloadmode.jpg

pluginusb.jpg

odinrecognize.png

checkPDA.png

11. Click PDA button

12. Browse to where your "Recovery MD5" ~you should have downloaded this in the beginning of the post.

Odinbrowseforfileopenrecovery-1.jpg

Flash Lock--- Unchecked
    F. Reset Time--- Checked
    BOOTLOADER--- Unchecked
    PDA--- Checked
    Phone--- Unchecked
    CSC--- Unchecked​

start.png

16. WAIT

19. Custom "Recovery" now installed on device

20. Reboot phone if it hasn't done so already

letphonereboot.jpg

Put battery back in
    reflash in odin

Pre-Method Finished​

Method "A" CWM Flash

1. Complete the Pre-Method

2. If you are just rooting and do not want to flash a custom rom download "Su Binary zip" Here.
    If not proceed to step 3

3. While device is on, Connect usb to computer

4. On your Droid Charge, Press "Connect storage to PC" button

5. Click "Continue without scanning" on your PC, if it shows up

6. Browse to the Droid Charges SD card via " Computer" if it doesn't automatically launch

7. Place your "Su Binary" (if just rooting) or Rom of choice either on the root of the card or in a folder of your choice

8. Turn off your phone

SC20120722-170605.png

9. Now reboot into CWM Recovery on your phone

To boot into Recovery- Hold: Power+ Volume up+ Home buttons when phone is "OFF" until samsung is displayed. Boot should then take you to CWM should be a cyan colored menu screen.

IMG_0719.jpg

10.Navigate to "Mounts and Storage". (using the volume buttons and power to select)

IMG_0722.jpg

11. Select mount /System (it will change to /unmount when properly mounted)

IMG_0723.jpg

12.Select mount /Data (I do this just in case)

13. Select +++++Go Back+++++

14. Select "Install zip from sdcard

15. Find you Rom or the Su Binary zip, select it

16. Select Install

17. WAIT until flash finished

18. select "reboot system now"

19. Let system reboot (will take longer than normal on first boot)

20. Congratulations and pat yourself on the back for a new rooted and\or a fresh new custom ROM

• Remember you can substitute the Rom with another ROM, a Kernel, updated CWM, Or any other updated .zip file designed for the charge

Method B

downloadfiles.png

2. Install WinRar to unzip or unrar .md5 file if applicable

5. Open Odin 1.82

openodin.png

6. Turn OFF your phone

turnoffphone.jpg

downloadmode.jpg

pluginusb.jpg

odinrecognize.png

checkPDA.png

11. Click PDA button

12. Browse to where your Rom is located ~you should have downloaded this in the beginning of the post.

openrom.png

Flash Lock--- Unchecked
    F. Reset Time--- Checked
    BOOTLOADER--- Unchecked
    PDA--- Checked
    Phone--- Unchecked
    CSC--- Unchecked​

start.png

16. WAIT

19. Custom Rom should now installed on device

20. Repeat but now flash the custom recovery and a custom kernel if your Rom was not a "Packaged" Rom

Put battery back in
    reflash in odin

Tips:

If you lose "root" flash the "SU Binary" through CWM

Be patient and pay attention!

~Made for noobs by a noob ;)

if reflashing doesnt work revert to DaleV's unbricking tutorial HERE

CREDITS: A BIG Thank You!- I am not asking for donations, but please consider donating to these great developers
    IMNUTS- created the recovery
    P3Droid- Provided original leak to us all
    danalo1979- Provided a nice reference to links and compiled recovery into ROM for ease of use.
    DaleV- recovering after fail tutorial http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1026746
    Other Devs- that are working around the clock to tweak these ROMs and make them better
    i installed debloated and it says to omit installing CWM if using the roms you posted and for some reason i cant boot into recovery. :confused:

Long press power and from the menu choose Recovery, it will then reboot into recovery. Unless that option isn't there for you, in which case you may simply need to flash CWR again.
    Scary..great explanation...the only thing I will add is to go into download mode...you do not have to press the power button....if you hold down the volume down button...it will go into download mode.......

:)
    ok coming from a noob,

This is perfect.
    Had my DC for 1 day, then rooted, and running froyo humble 1.3,

Tonight, now the GB 2.3.4.

This really should be sticky'd.

Thanks,

John