WM6.1 080408 Final For Excalibur WWE with English - By Kavana

Search This thread

gehjl

Oct 22, 2007
I flashed my phone to this, but there's no connection setup under accesories for me. I can't send any MMS or receive. Is there somewhere I can download the connection setup program or anything?

raezer_gl

Jun 5, 2008
Mountain Home, Idaho
Gotta thank everyone here, upgraded my Dash to 6.1 flawlessly, my only issue is when I try to change my home screen to magenta or yellow only the taskbar changes, the home screen itself changes to green. Any ideas?

pudgedaddy

Retired Moderator
Nov 6, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
Gotta thank everyone here, upgraded my Dash to 6.1 flawlessly, my only issue is when I try to change my home screen to magenta or yellow only the taskbar changes, the home screen itself changes to green. Any ideas?

It's because thats only for the task and startbars, you still physically have to change to wallpaper in the start-->settings-->homescreen

raezer_gl

Jun 5, 2008
Mountain Home, Idaho
Also, I have noticed people installing the versions 080318 and the 080408, I installed the 080408, which is the most recent or best version?

Plus, How do I get the start menu to open up like regular windows, I saw this on youtube, when I hit the start button it just goes right to the recent programs window.

Last edited:

pudgedaddy

Retired Moderator
Nov 6, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
Also, I have noticed people installing the versions 080318 and the 080408, I installed the 080408, which is the most recent or best version?

Plus, How do I get the start menu to open up like regular windows, I saw this on youtube, when I hit the start button it just goes right to the recent programs window.

The program is called smarttoolkit. You can find it here: www.e-natives.com

locate the version RC08 (most stable for this ROM) and install it.

gixxum

Jan 6, 2008
California
I keep getting the error message "The image file is corrupted" and then the phone reboots.

thats because you didnt read the instruction. read the instructions and try again. here is a tip: do a search for error 270 or UNLOCK YOUR DAMN PHONE PER THE INSTRUCTIONS. i dont mean to be rude but this is the 1000000 time this has been answered and it was just made a sticky. READ THE FORUM, DONT JUST LEECH FILES.

vhernandez12

Jun 8, 2008
hey i downaload the app unlocker and katana and it keeps saying file corrupted once it hits 3 % any advice or help anyone.... thanks......

Yianaki

Nov 14, 2007
Turning off Active X will BREAK text messages, all email.

I asked in this thread a while ago for some help with my text messages only showing headers. This error did the same for email's but I don't use that as often. I didn't get any reply's and the problem was driving me nuts. It would work after I cleared the memory but after a time texts and emails wouldn't work. I then posted a thread and the people were very helpful but I still couldn't get the problem fixed.

I thought Kavana's ROM had some big error with it but no one else was complaining. I downloaded Ricky's rom but same problem. So this weeked I fooled around with my phone believing it was some program I was installing. Even though I only install Google Maps, TCPMP, YGo, and Windows Live. I would install something then restart. I tried installing them one by one then it seemed to work but still after a time was becoming broken. I thought it had something to do with synching corrupted contact data. So I didn't synch but after a while it still came back.

This morning I finally realized that if you turn off active x it breaks the email and text which I assume both use IE active x The bad setting is.....

Main Settings Menu->IE Settings->Advanced Options -> NEVER TURN OFF ACTIVE X CONTROLS.

I think if Kavana, my personal hero, rolls another ROM you should take out this option.

Last edited:

elvisr77

May 12, 2008
Los Angeles
JamiroCB a un necesitas ayuda? Si lo necesitas manda me un correo sobre esta pagina y te la contestare lo mas pronto posible.

Para q tengas una idea habre este programa con file explorer una ves q selecsiones el solo ara lo demas.

chao

JDWM

Jun 9, 2008
Key Mapping

First off I would like to say thank you for provding the 6.1 ROM. Very cool I like it. I also like having a ROM that does not come with all the T-Mobile Ads :).

After I installed the ROM I had one issue with my T-Dash HTC-S620 I noticed my key mapping for ALT, A, Z, CAP and all the number keys do not function as before. For example if I click the number 1 key it does not write 'W' when I am text messaging. 'Sym' key will not pop up symbols list etc...

Do you have an Idea how I can fix this?

Thank you so much for the help.
JD

>>>> NEVERMIND<<<<<<

I found the fix here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=397723

Thank you.

Last edited:

seucuca

Jun 10, 2008
Hi,

After the upgrade to 6.1 my keyboard is not working properly:

When I type "A" I get "Q" (and vice versa)
When I type "Z" I get "W" ((and vice versa)

The IE and outlook keys are not working either. They are opening other programs. I installed the eT9 full.cab but it did not resolved my problem. :confused:

Thanks
:)

Last edited:

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Hi,

After the upgrade to 6.1 my keyboard is not working properly:

When I type "A" I get "Q" (and vice versa)
When I type "Z" I get "W" ((and vice versa)

The IE and outlook keys are not working either. They are opening other programs. I installed the eT9 full.cab but it did not resolved my problem. :confused:

Thanks
:)

Try the Tegic eT9.cab in my signature.

seucuca

Jun 10, 2008
Try the Tegic eT9.cab in my signature.

I already downloaded this file, but it did not worked ! Very strange...
What do you mean by "reboot" ? Turn off and on again ?

I did it too. When you install the file, it says that it was made to use in another wmobile version, but the instalation is complete. Do I have to do something else ??

thanks

Rip Syntaxx

Apr 8, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I already downloaded this file, but it did not worked ! Very strange...
What do you mean by "reboot" ? Turn off and on again ?

I did it too. When you install the file, it says that it was made to use in another wmobile version, but the instalation is complete. Do I have to do something else ??

thanks

It may say that, but it's okay to install. And yes, rebooting is turning the phone off then on again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    WWE 6.1 with English only release

This version includes English, with eT9 Input method, MS/Cyberon Voice Command and finally, Segoe Font. Not only does this version look official but is also very fast and stable. :D

Perform this prior to installing ROM:
    Error 270 Fix

MediaFire Download Link: Windows Mobile 6.1 Final - By Kavana

4shared Download Link: Windows Mobile 6.1 Final - By Kavana

File: RUU_Excalibur_WM61_Kavana_080408_WWE.exe
    Size: 47127307 bytes
    Modified: 2008/4/7, 21:28:34
    MD5: 81E9C80DD46A334CA0F75AF00CC15B41
    SHA1: 80655BEC19B24F72E34568176872C49135CE57AE
    CRC32: 11F4C230

Built with ROM Update Wizard - You don't need to know how to unlock your Excalibur as everything will be done by the wizard automatically.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    Excalibur WM6.1 ROM by Kavana - Based on Brightpoint 1.33

Language: English

Works on T-Mobile Dash, HTC S620 & S621

Setup Instructions:

Run RUU_Excalibur_WM61_Kavana_080408_WWE.exe

Reboot you device

After Reboot - Choose Voice Command

MS Voice Command will be the default voice command, so if you press cancel, it will be defaulted to MS Voice Command. However, If you do choose Cyberon Voice Command, you need to reboot.(Difference between these two kinds of voice command is that Cyberon voice uses voice-tags that you record, whereas ms voice command doesn't need you to record voice tags(but spoken language only support English)

After this, install the following has the keyboard has mapping problems:

eT9 with 14 languages suppport addon(spanish, french, german and italian)

Download Link: eT9 Full

(because eT9 has lots of keymapping problems so the 080330 version changed input method back to xT9,for someone who want to add spanish, french, german and italian)

-----------------------------------

The following is built into this ROM:

0.Unread Message Alert( Reminds you every 15 Minutes - You can disable it in the sound settings, if you'd like)
    1.WindowsLive
    2.Office6.1+OneNoteMobile
    3.Jbed Java VM (support full screen game)
    4.Resco Explorer 6.17
    5.Dot Net Compact Framework 3.5
    6.OMAPClock(Overclock and also keeps chosen frequency after reboot)
    7.dbExplorer 2005(it can modify vol database)
    8.HTC Flash
    9.Orneta Calc
    10.Bluetooth FTP
    11.LowLight (Touch JOGGER 3 times in 10 seconds will open Lowlight.Attention,this will maybe make your backlight always on if you don't close it.)
    12.CeleTask Special Version
    13.WM5torage 1.8
    14.Clock On Top (12 or 24 hour style,change is in bottom of clock settings)
    15.BaseHue Express
    16.SMSDeliveryNotify Fix
    17.PDF Reader(Original name is FoxitReader)
    18.Real Media Decoder
    19.MS Voice Command
    20.Orneta Notepad
    21.AlReader2
    22.Oxios Alarms(put it in the clock&alarm settings,called all alarms)
    23.xT9 with 10 kinds of languages support
    HTC Connection Setup(can setup your network for Operators all over the world)

Key Shortcuts:

Double touch bottom JOGGR button to Free Memory
    Long press IE will run Connection Manager
    Long press #, Changes profile to Meeting
    Long press Home, Run Ms Voice Command
    Short Press IE, Run Celetask

Modify Shortcuts:

You can change the settings in here for desired action

You can Modify shortcut short_Camera.lnk, short_IE.lnk and short_MSG.lnk in Windows folder to change the Camera button,IE button,Message Button Mapping to the desired shortcut.

Connection Setup:

To setup GPRS and MMS ,plz execute HTC Connection Setup in StartMenu\Accessories\Connection Setup

--------------------------------------------------------------------

ROM Changes

What's new in 080408 final
    :

Update to new real WM6.1 MS Bluetooth stack
    remove IrDA menu in Active Sync

What's new in 080318:

add 12 hour clockontop,and it'll be default
    add spanish, french(AZERTY Layout), german(QWERTZ Layout) and italian support for et9
    add options to choose voice command(Microsoft or Cyberon).
    Dash keyboard map will be the default map of eT9.
    Unread Message Alert will be disabled as default.
    Jogger Bar run lowlight will be disabled as default.
    Only PrimarySplash and OS part in nbh file
    ROM Update Wizard Updated
    Fixd 'z' in contact searching
    ZeRo "0" Issue Has Now Been Fixed,SYM button has been fixed

What's new in 080330:

add Orneta Notepad Endlish version
    change eT9 back to xT9(because eT9 has lots of keymapping problems,for someone who want to add spanish, french, german and italian)
    Fix Cancle->Cancel button translate in CeleCmd
    Fix ModelName shows in Vista from DopodC720W to HTC-S620
    Add Radio(ver 03.07.90) part to nbh ROM file

What's new in 080314:

fix google link in IE Favorites to WWE
    fix JOGGER ext settings
    fix Calender default view style
    change Java VM to jbed from HTC kaiser,and it has been patched to support Smartphone.

What's new in 080312:

Update to new kernel
    Full English version
    Fix Internet Sharing

What's new in 080308:

fix some lable translation in the JOGGER settings in English
    fix the SlidingPanel Setting shortcut.
    fix the items order in QuickApp
    remove sms bubbles (cause wm6.1 is threading message,and smsbubbles dosen't support muti-langusge)
    remove GPRS Monitor (all of the Efficasoft GPRS Monitor(also PPC version) can't work fine in WM 6.1 cause it will lost all data after every reboot)
    add english interface to the PDF Reader(real name is FoxitReader, much better than Adobe Reader LE)
    add settings to Clock setting to close the ClockOnTop
    Update the OMAPClock ,now it can keep the frequency you set,i set the clock to 264MHz,very fast,also stable,
    include HTC AudioManager

Capture.jpg
    about locking software

ok this windows dose not have auto lock but for everything is an answer ...i had the same problem and i found a software its called 'Automatic keylock' i thin i have it from this site .. search for it! or leave a replay and i will give it to you thru fileshare! have a nice day