Beats By Dre for cm7

Search This thread

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
only tested it on cm7. it should work on any rom, or thats what the devs say. i was having the clipping problems so i edited the files to bring the levels down just a hair. now i cant get it to clip :D

I tried it on a broken beats Rom - Joelz TwoPointThree 3.5.
It flashed, the boot initially took a little longer but I went to try it and no sound. Should I try a different player instead of stock or a different Rom? I was thinking of switching to ICS momentarily because Newts 3.5 has gone broken on me.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

JMooney5115

Jul 1, 2010
Birmingham
Just flashed this on a new flash of the official CM 7.1. I haven't had any trouble with music playing or clipping. Just pure sound. Albeit I did not do a comparison so I cannot say if I hear a difference in quality but I am happy with it and will continue to flash it.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
I tried it on a broken beats Rom - Joelz TwoPointThree 3.5.
It flashed, the boot initially took a little longer but I went to try it and no sound. Should I try a different player instead of stock or a different Rom? I was thinking of switching to ICS momentarily because Newts 3.5 has gone broken on me.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

well if the rom didnt have working sound before its not going to give it to it now. so i guess it needs to be cm7

Can someone else confirm that this works on another GB incredible build???

N-Forced

Sep 28, 2010
Can i get a link to the original post? I dont feel like making an account on another site just to get a file.

edit: nm with googles help i found the file, i can confirm it works on miui

Last edited:

withbloodskies

Jul 26, 2011
Rancho Cucamonga
Joelz new 3.5 had a broken beats file allowing it to not work. Now I switched to cm7, listened to the music first. Very shotty headphones (ifrogz) as my latest earphones died on me.
The sound was eh.. flashed this beats zip and came back to hear it, the clarity and quality increased so much. Should note there is a tolerable difference when not using headphones as your speaker phone may actually sound like bass. Well at least I can gear it, I will try it on Joelz 3.5 again. Cause there is no notification or anything say it works its difficult to pinpoint if it only works on stock players or various ones.

I am hopefully getting new earphones tonight, JVC Xtreme Explosives is what I'm looking at.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

XRaptor29

Dec 4, 2011
Here
synisterwolf it also works on sense 1.0 as far as im aware of i had no issues on Gingerstock 4.1

godsmacked4653

Apr 25, 2010
I've been using this mod since I saw it on the portal the other day. (or twitter. I can't remember)
It really does make quite a bit of a difference. For you guys trying it out, use nicer headphones. The difference is marginal on $15 skullcandy buds, but on high end speakers, it's really noticeable. Definitely worth the flash.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

m52 power!

Mar 6, 2008
Here's the file, no need to register somewhere else....

Just flashed it, does this add a menu entry/some new setting to the interface or no?

Attachments

• Beats_CM7.zip
    600 KB · Views: 133
Reactions: SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com
Here's the file, no need to register somewhere else....

Just flashed it, does this add a menu entry/some new setting to the interface or no?

Thanks for the hijack. But please dont distribute my mods without my consent. Going to as a MOD to remove this and see what action they take

Last edited:
Reactions: withbloodskies

Sirknifealot

Jun 21, 2011
Thanks for the hijack. But please dont distribute my mods without my consent. Going to as a MOD to remove this and see what action they take

May i send to my ladies phone, sir? I have tested side by side with same phone using same ROMs (CM7 newest nightly) using 115 by Treyarch (yes the Black Ops zombie song) and quite a noticeable difference. Also not sure, but I had tested started with volume at 50% and my phone with the zip was louder by 2 notches (decreased volume to regulate) and her phone at 100% was to mine at 80%. I do not use DSP manager as I get a weird noise from it after any sound from speaker ends. Anyone else experience similar volume performance?

Top Liked Posts