Chrome, chrome, chrome.....

Search This thread

foxorroxors

Apr 29, 2012
Newmarket
Ordered my nexus 7 (x2) as soon as there was a button on the UK website. Now I know chrome is the default browser, so I thought sweet, I'll install it on my a500 so I can get used to it before the tab arrive's.

Omg, what a piece of rubbish, every time I change tabs from XDA to another site the page is just plain white, then back to XDA since it was already tabbed and loaded you'd assume it would still be, but no. Its plain white. Then to piss me off even more halve way though writing this post it crashed lol! What kind of a browser crashes inputting text lol. I wanted to like it, in fact I do like the interface but the bugs are just not fun!

uninstalling that crap and going with the good old opera :)

Anyone else having probs with it ?

Fox

movieaddict

Jul 24, 2010
I'll just, use dolphin HD as I have been for awhile.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda premium

baggy247

Jun 19, 2010
York
You must have something wrong with your A500, because that's not the experience I get on my Xoom or Galaxy Nexus...

nerfman100

Jan 11, 2012
The plain ol' Browser will be on the Market for download. I have no idea why Chrome is the default browser.

baggy247

Jun 19, 2010
York
I was thinking it could be linked to the rom I use, tegraowners ics v170... but any other browser is fine =(

I don't know about A500 roms but to me it sounds like a memory issue or something, its sort of "killing" tabs to save memory and then reloading them once you need them again. Maybe some background processes eating memory?

Fall Guy

Jan 19, 2010
It does crash occasionly if you keep getting a white page it can clear by going back a page then trying again if not close it then task kill it after that it will be fine.

Overall I find it to be far better than std browser.

foxorroxors

Apr 29, 2012
Newmarket
I'm a very "clean user" I have fb opera order and chaos, that's it. thinking though maybe one of the processes I have disabled, chrome uses, I disable everything I don't use, camera Calender live wp themes etc, maybe that's the issue?

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
It don't crash for me at all...works fine and it doesn't look bad enough to use something else

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

B

Brad387

Chrome runs perfectly on my Galaxy Note without any problems with tabs and, whilst there isn't flash support, I love it because of how it easily syncs my bookmarks from my computer.

clandest

Sep 11, 2009
The plain ol' Browser will be on the Market for download. I have no idea why Chrome is the default browser.

NotSureIfSerious.png

sparksco

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 27, 2010
docs.google.com
I won't be using Chrome much on my N7 much if at all just simply because of the lack of adobe flash player support. Dolphin HD seems like a much better option.

noneabove

May 1, 2011
I'm on the desire z, pretty old low ram, runs very very well on wifi.. 3g is iffy

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

Reactions: mintaeroboy

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
Chrome still needs work. Use opera, or dolphin. Both are extremely fast and a lot less buggy.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on the desire z, pretty old low ram, runs very very well on wifi.. 3g is iffy

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app
    Don't gripe to Chrome or Google about Flash - Adobe is the one dropping support.

Actually - blame Apple. If Jobs was not such a Flash-hater, safe to say it would still be supported on mobile devices.

+1

Unless you want flash of course..

HTML5 exists and websites should stop being cheapo's and actually upgrade to support HTML5. That way, by the time Flash stops being supported in August, everything will be fine :)

I don't use much Flash myself, if at all really so it's not going to affect me that much.