[GAME][FREE] Flicky Circles - Simple, fast and thinkful

Search This thread

hgoran

Jul 6, 2013
Ljubljana
Hi guys,

I have released a game called Flicky Circles. Flicky Circles is simple, fast and thinkful android game to play with your friends or against a computer. Originally inspired by OLO. Flicky Circles is free in a small size apk. Give it a try. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you for your support!

About:
Each player starts with 6 circles in 3 different sizes. Circle gets smaller each time it lands on player's starting point (white color). Goal is to flick your circles into same colored ending zone and achieve more points than opponent. With two or more same sized circles, player gets a bonus point...

Supported:
- any resolution from 320x480 - 1080x1920
- android 2.3 and higher.

More details on google play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goranhorvat.flickycircles

FB fan page:
https://www.facebook.com/FlickyCircles

I hope you will like it.

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 586
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 602
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 559

hgoran

Jul 6, 2013
Ljubljana
I would like to have some opinions about Flicky Circles. Have you tried? Is there "missing" something in the game and would make it more playable for you?

Silverguy206

Jul 25, 2010
Very nice, really polished and a great interface. Fun game idea. The text in the help screen/intro could use some polish.

"Each player starts with an equal amount of circles representing their moves."

"Each circle gives the player a point when it reaches their colored zone. If 2 congruent circles are landed, the player gets a bonus point"

"Reach the colored space and flick away towards the opponents circles to defeat the opponent."

"Player captures the opponent's circle if it lands in their starting area. The circle becomes smaller."

"Lock button freezes circles in place for one round. It can only be used once per game."

Feel free to tweak those for brevity if you need to.

Also, on the game pause screen, the text doesn't change colors when you tap it like it does on the main menu. This kind of has a jarring effect because you can't tell if it detected your touch or not.

fangthorn

Aug 30, 2010
Lookout flags it as adware

I've just installed it and Lookout pop's up a message "Flicky Circles" is adware
See attached screenshot

EDIT: it also gives this detail:-
APP REPORT
CLASSIFICATION: Adware.Android.Rev.Mob.a
This app may contain the RevMob ad network. It may create push notification ads that appear in your notification bar. It may not be clear to you that this application is creating these ads. It also may send personally identifying information, such as your email or IMSI, to RevMob’s servers.

Last edited:

navinshark

May 20, 2010
Bangalore
Looking nice

Games looking nice, but not able to play in my defy.

My defy is running JB 4.1.2 (Quarx), when I open game menu screen will come and when I press single or double player again it s return to main menu with different color, is this problem with rom r .................

Thanks

hgoran

Jul 6, 2013
Ljubljana
Hi navin, I don't understand exactly what kind of problem you have? Can you play Flicky Circles? Colors are supposed to change each play.

graylowes, thank you for your feedback.

strainhunter

Nov 3, 2012
Bavaria
Google Pixel 7
I downloade it just for giggles, but i really like it.
Its simple and addictive. And the 2 Player mode on one device is
cool. i´ll play it with a friend the next days and see how they like it.

Good Job! Hope for more cool thing to come!

Reactions: hgoran

B!GBOY

Jul 22, 2010
??
Xiaomi Mix Fold 3
Great job!:good:
game play is very good, a little fast i think but very good!
improving sound tracks would be nice and if possible adding some effects like Menu sound effect in OLO

navinshark

May 20, 2010
Bangalore
Looking nice

Hi navin, I don't understand exactly what kind of problem you have? Can you play Flicky Circles? Colors are supposed to change each play.

graylowes, thank you for your feedback.

Hi, thanks for reply, actually I am not able play game, when I clicked on single or double player it will take to blank screen after few seconds again it's returning to game menu. Even I tried in my Nexus 7 (Not rooted) but same thing is happening.

Thanks

hgoran

Jul 6, 2013
Ljubljana
Hi, thanks for reply, actually I am not able play game, when I clicked on single or double player it will take to blank screen after few seconds again it's returning to game menu. Even I tried in my Nexus 7 (Not rooted) but same thing is happening.

Thanks

Hi, I tested it on Nexus 7 and it works fine. Never had a problem like that. Please send me a clip on PM, from app start to the end (back to menu) so I can take a look into it. Thank you.

B!GBOY & strainhunter thank you for your words. I appreciate it.

Currently no plan for sound fx. But in the near future, I will try to add some levels where you can build some flicking skills. I hope players will like it.

navinshark

May 20, 2010
Bangalore
Flicky Circles

Hi, I tested it on Nexus 7 and it works fine. Never had a problem like that. Please send me a clip on PM, from app start to the end (back to menu) so I can take a look into it. Thank you.

Hi, Thanks, I have sent an email to ur gmail ID with enclosed video clip, which u have provided in play store.

Please check.

Thanks.

ghostinrags

Apr 22, 2010
South Bend, Indiana
My favorite game right now

I find this wonderful game to be so easy, fun, yet still has some strategy to it to keep your mind going. Bite sized games, but I keep going back again and again and again. Fantastic job! Five stars! Thank you, very much.

Surfinette

May 23, 2010
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
Hi guys,

I have released a game called Flicky Circles. Flicky Circles is simple, fast and thinkful android game to play with your friends or against a computer. Originally inspired by OLO. Flicky Circles is free in a small size apk. Give it a try. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you for your support!

About:
Each player starts with 6 circles in 3 different sizes. Circle gets smaller each time it lands on player's starting point (white color). Goal is to flick your circles into same colored ending zone and achieve more points than opponent. With two or more same sized circles, player gets a bonus point...

Supported:

FB fan page:

I hope you will like it.

Hi Harvey!

I'm a big big fan of OLO on iPad... and I was really missing this game on Android (and OLO devs clearly state they are not planning to dev their game for the android platform...), so I'm very very happy that you are here developping FlickyCircles... Very promising game, thank you

:good::good::good::good::good:

Just a a few questions:
1) could you add an online play mode? (hopefully not through facebook)
2) can you list all the differences vs OLO in terms of rules and counting points? (in particular coming from OLO, I'm a bit confused about captures (when and how))
3) I hate facebook (yes, I'm quite old fashion...) ... any other way to store and share high scores?

Keep the great work )

EDIT____________________________________

Ok, I've tested further and I don't like too much your capture method because:
1) the smallest circles can't be captured (thus limiting some strategic moves)
2) we end up playing with small circles only, which is also limiting because the small ones are much less powerful

I prefer the OLO capture method where all circles are not shrunk when captured but each circles can only be captured twice (circle that can no more be captured are flickering for a brief moment). Could you maybe offer this different capture method as an option?

Last edited:

hgoran

Jul 6, 2013
Ljubljana
Hi Harvey!

I'm a big big fan of OLO on iPad... and I was really missing this game on Android (and OLO devs clearly state they are not planning to dev their game for the android platform...), so I'm very very happy that you are here developping FlickyCircles... Very promising game, thank you

:good::good::good::good::good:

Just a a few questions:
1) could you add an online play mode? (hopefully not through facebook)
2) can you list all the differences vs OLO in terms of rules and counting points? (in particular coming from OLO, I'm a bit confused about captures (when and how))
3) I hate facebook (yes, I'm quite old fashion...) ... any other way to store and share high scores?

Keep the great work )

I'm glad you like my game.

1. Not yet, but I'll spend some time in the future and try to implement it.
2. Please visit help in the game. All rules are listed there, except maybe that lives of the circles depends on their sizes. So therefore, the smallest circle can't get any smaller and you loose it if it lands on the white zone.
3. Currently no. I made sharing with facebook just for fun. If I want to add other sharing options, game would become much larger (in KB)...
But I'm thinking of having online scores inside Flicky Circles, if that's what you prefer?

Thank you Surfinette and ghostinrags!

Surfinette

May 23, 2010
OnePlus Nord 2 5G
I'm glad you like my game.

1. Not yet, but I'll spend some time in the future and try to implement it.
2. Please visit help in the game. All rules are listed there, except maybe that lives of the circles depends on their sizes. So therefore, the smallest circle can't get any smaller and you loose it if it lands on the white zone.
3. Currently no. I made sharing with facebook just for fun. If I want to add other sharing options, game would become much larger (in KB)...
But I'm thinking of having online scores inside Flicky Circles, if that's what you prefer?

Thank you Surfinette and ghostinrags!

Thank you for your answer.
I had edited my previous post, just before you answered me, so you may have missed my EDIT part... see below
EDIT____________________________________

Ok, I've tested further and I don't like too much your capture method because:
1) the smallest circles can't be captured (thus limiting some strategic moves)
2) we end up playing with small circles only, which is also limiting because the small ones are much less powerful

I prefer the OLO capture method where all circles are not shrunk when captured but each circles can only be captured twice (circle that can no more be captured are flickering for a brief moment). Could you maybe offer this different capture method as an option?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

About:

Supported:

FB fan page:

I hope you will like it.
    Very nice, really polished and a great interface. Fun game idea. The text in the help screen/intro could use some polish.

"Each player starts with an equal amount of circles representing their moves."

"Each circle gives the player a point when it reaches their colored zone. If 2 congruent circles are landed, the player gets a bonus point"

"Reach the colored space and flick away towards the opponents circles to defeat the opponent."

"Player captures the opponent's circle if it lands in their starting area. The circle becomes smaller."

"Lock button freezes circles in place for one round. It can only be used once per game."

Feel free to tweak those for brevity if you need to.

Also, on the game pause screen, the text doesn't change colors when you tap it like it does on the main menu. This kind of has a jarring effect because you can't tell if it detected your touch or not.
    Lookout flags it as adware

I've just installed it and Lookout pop's up a message "Flicky Circles" is adware
    See attached screenshot

EDIT: it also gives this detail:-
    APP REPORT
    CLASSIFICATION: Adware.Android.Rev.Mob.a
    This app may contain the RevMob ad network. It may create push notification ads that appear in your notification bar. It may not be clear to you that this application is creating these ads. It also may send personally identifying information, such as your email or IMSI, to RevMob’s servers.
    Hi fangthorn, I don't use Lookout, so thanks for detailed explanation. I'll remove revmob from Flicky Circles within 24hours.
    I had a quick go at lunchtime. I can see this being very addictive :D

Apart from the popup ad it's a fun game :good: