S-off..Ramrunner or revone ?

Search This thread

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
Hi folks

I managed to successfully S-off my mini a few weeks ago using Ramrunner however I've seen the threads about people using Revone.
I'm curious as to What the difference is between them both and is there any advantage to using one over the other?

Thanks

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Hi folks

I managed to successfully S-off my mini a few weeks ago using Ramrunner however I've seen the threads about people using Revone.
I'm curious as to What the difference is between them both and is there any advantage to using one over the other?

Thanks

I'm no expert in these things, but I'm guessing one s-off is the same as another s-off. I know revone also allows you to remove certain flags from the bootloader like "tampered". Dunno if rumrunner also does this. But that's all cosmetic. As long as your s-off worked your all good to go.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
yeah kinda thought they done the same thing. i might give the revone a bash as i would quite like to get rid of "tampered" in bootloader (a bit fussy with little things like that lol)

cheers

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
yeah kinda thought they done the same thing. i might give the revone a bash as i would quite like to get rid of "tampered" in bootloader (a bit fussy with little things like that lol)

cheers

I'm proper OCD about things like that. But be careful because I don't know whether running 2 different s-off methods could conflict somehow. Maybe someone with a little more knowledge than me can confirm this or not?

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

AnGrY sCoTsMaN

Nov 17, 2011
Fife
@Klown80 Thanks for the info... Hmm I'm on Hboot 2.19.0000 so i will just leave it as is....not worth taking the risk of bricking for the sake of some red text. cheers

dtosun

Feb 1, 2007
Xiaomi 12
Anybody know, these tools support all hboot? And if my device s- off, can i repair my IMEI?

Sent from my MI 2S using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Czechnolog

Apr 29, 2012
@abzboi - Can I ask you how you go back to S-ON?
Did you use this command after REVONE "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3"?

Thanks.

Czechnolog

Apr 29, 2012
Do you have any steps how to restore to full stock status?

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Revone is only for hboot 1.44 and rumrunner is for all other hboots. To use revone commands you have to be on 1.44 hboot

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app