Need help with my M8.

Search This thread

RACEnSK8

Apr 15, 2014
Hey guys,

I am new to the site and a new owner of an M8. It is for AT&T. I bought it off of a friend of a friend and he has it rooted. It seems to have a very early version of the stock operating system and for some reason the wifi doesn't work. Is it possible for me to put the most updated stock OS on it? Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this? I am kind of a noob.

nash2000

Jun 18, 2011
Hey guys,

I am new to the site and a new owner of an M8. It is for AT&T. I bought it off of a friend of a friend and he has it rooted. It seems to have a very early version of the stock operating system and for some reason the wifi doesn't work. Is it possible for me to put the most updated stock OS on it? Can someone point me in the right direction on how to do this? I am kind of a noob.

That just sounds odd to me? Is there a custom ROM installed? Im wondering if the original owner installed a ROM that had WiFi broken....doubt it though. Not sure about os versions...the phone is quite new so I'd assume we'd be running the same but what do I know. Maybe that's the reason it was sold. Sorry not much help...I'm fascinated in the outcome though.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Hey guys,

Check this out. It seems someone else here has broken WiFi after rooting and unlocking. I'd pay attention to the link thread and try to revert to stock.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2720136

RACEnSK8

Apr 15, 2014
That just sounds odd to me? Is there a custom ROM installed? Im wondering if the original owner installed a ROM that had WiFi broken....doubt it though. Not sure about os versions...the phone is quite new so I'd assume we'd be running the same but what do I know. Maybe that's the reason it was sold. Sorry not much help...I'm fascinated in the outcome though.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Check this out. It seems someone else here has broken WiFi after rooting and unlocking. I'd pay attention to the link thread and try to revert to stock.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2720136

If I could revert to stock that would be exactly what I want, unfortunately I have no idea where to even start... I don't think it has any backups or anything.