WhatsApp for other platforms (API)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tehavatar

Oct 21, 2009
Hi guys,

Im writing an api for the whatsapp protocol so that it can be ported to other devices/architectures.

My api is nearly complete and supports the full spectrum of WhatsApp features.

I'd like to write a web client for my API so that WhatsApp can be accessed from anywhere (A pc or anything with a browser).

What type of interest is there in this type of thing and could anyone possibly help with UI development or atleast point me in the right direction. Ive never been creative or good at designing interfaces =]

Thanks,
T

DominionZA

Aug 24, 2009
Hi guys,

Im writing an api for the whatsapp protocol so that it can be ported to other devices/architectures.

I'd like to write a web client for my API so that WhatsApp can be accessed from anywhere (A pc or anything with a browser).

What type of interest is there in this type of thing and could anyone possibly help with UI development or atleast point me in the right direction. Ive never been creative or good at designing interfaces =]

Thanks,
T

I would be interested in helping out in my spare time. What language you doing it in?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

tehavatar

Oct 21, 2009
The API is currently written in C#; but converting it to other languages probably wont be that hard, considering that all research has already been done and I understand the protocol in its entirety.

However, the current lib is quite nice and the web client should probably be done is asp.net mvc2 or something the can interface with the library directly.

tehavatar

Oct 21, 2009
Oh yeah, I see flash is the most common way of doing this, but how widespread is flash support on mobile devices =|

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
Oh yeah, I see flash is the most common way of doing this, but how widespread is flash support on mobile devices =|

Well, basically any android tablet supports flash, and any phone running gingerbread should or can support it as well.

Apple iOS does not support flash at all. So that group of sheeple is out entirely. To be honest, just the mid to high end android phones support it. I think window phone does as well. But nobody uses that crap.

k43l

Aug 28, 2011
Biel
Oh I really like the idea of a WhatsApp web client!
What about using PHP and Javascript and HTML5? It's supported by pretty much any browser and phone and tablet...

I would love to help, but the only programming language I'm (kinda) familiar with is Java... and a little bit of the web stuff.

omerli

Nov 16, 2011
is the API ready ?

i would love to see it if it's really working............
i was thinking about doing it but..............
i thought it could never work!!

can u send me a sample i want in to the development team....

q8phantom

Nov 17, 2011
Hi

I'm a Qt developer who can make some cool clever user interfaces, you might know Qt, with Qt me and your API will make its way to Windows/Linux/Mac/MeeGo/Maemo/Symbian/Android all under one code ;)

There are plenty of developers also who wants to help building whatsapp in Qt available here

forum*meego*com/showthread.php?t=3758&page=7

Thank you for the great work done ;)

xnpu

Sep 15, 2007
Would you consider open sourcing your library so others can contribute as well as port it to other languages?

iadegesso

The API is currently written in C#; but converting it to other languages probably wont be that hard, considering that all research has already been done and I understand the protocol in its entirety.

However, the current lib is quite nice and the web client should probably be done is asp.net mvc2 or something the can interface with the library directly.

Hi,
is it possible to download the C# source code? :cool:

tehavatar

Oct 21, 2009
This api seems like scam...

Its not a scam man, how can it be a scam?

Im not working on this at the moment for lack of motivation... The API itself works, but its in C# and I dont feel like re-writing it for porting. The current source is messy but works nicely. Im not going to open-source it, but if your up for writing a web interface then let me know via pm and ill share it.

T

bnwg

Sep 2, 2010
Hi

I'm a Qt developer who can make some cool clever user interfaces, you might know Qt, with Qt me and your API will make its way to Windows/Linux/Mac/MeeGo/Maemo/Symbian/Android all under one code ;)

There are plenty of developers also who wants to help building whatsapp in Qt available here

forum*meego*com/showthread.php?t=3758&page=7

Thank you for the great work done ;)

Big thumbs up for making it work on MeeGo/Maemo!! By then I don't have any concerns to get a N9.

Is there any chance that LINE can be treated in the same way? (FYI, LINE is another cross-platform instant message app like whatsapp but it can also make internet call like Tango/Viber with good quality!)

tehavatar

Oct 21, 2009
Is it even possible, i don't think Whatsapp will ever allow this!

It is very possible, and there is no reason for WhatsApp not to allow this considering the fact that they are using a modified open protocol and have no pc client.

15gedr5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Thanks,
    T
    Is it even possible, i don't think Whatsapp will ever allow this!

It is very possible, and there is no reason for WhatsApp not to allow this considering the fact that they are using a modified open protocol and have no pc client.

15gedr5.jpg
    I will update you with news later about this, let's hope for the best, and our hero is the OP who implemented the API, it's all about him, then me will create the version in Qt.

Till now, things seem to be going ok, I'll let you know in the very near future.
    Hello everyone, me and the OP decided to start the work in 1/1/2012, because the original poster is in a trip and this is a closed source work, We'll keep updated then
    Hi guys, right now im getting ready to leave for vacations - Dubai!

I will be working with q8phantom on a WhatsApp client for Meego and PC when I get back next year January some time.

Secondly, im working on a web-request based API for companies who want to integrate WhatsApp services into their products. If you would like to see an example, please send me a PM and ill be more than willing to send you an example of how I can implement this type of service.

I currently have a service that can effectively send messages using HTTP requests like this:

http://x.x.x/sendMessage?msg=some_random_message_goes_here&nbr=27415821857&cde=0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0a0

Works quite nicely for sending messages =]