[Q] r800a w/ screen damaged

Search This thread

grigio888

Nov 9, 2011
Vila Velha, ES
Hey there,
my phone screen is kinda 'broken' but no by physical impact, i guess its by the custom rom, i can use the touch fine but i can't see a damn thing, it's totally white, the phone its perfetcly fine, music, wi-fi and the other things it's fine but the screen it's white, it's r800a, 2.3.4, 4.0.2.A.0.42, i've installed the DooMKernel but later i've seen that custom rom of Xperia S for Play, quite excited, was perfetcly and a couple days ago, he's having a appearing a white screen but if you lock the phone and unlock, he get back normal, but yesterday even if i lock n unlock, he doesn't get back normal, and now, i've just flashed again to NorthAmericanGeneric 2.3.4 4.0.2.A.0.42, the boot who appear the sony ericsson logo appeared and i have thought "its fine", but the white screen was back and now i'm can't think a way to do something...
sorry for my english, i guess you guys can help-me with this...

grigio888

Nov 9, 2011
Vila Velha, ES
yesterday, my cellular's screen, sometimes, get back normal but if you use too much he appear the white screen, i guess it was by the overclock i've made when i've put the doomkernel, but everyone said the 1,6ghz was the max the proc. can handle and now i'm outta options.
I hope that anyone can help-me. :/

grigio888

Nov 9, 2011
Vila Velha, ES
here comes a picture of my device's screen, no ideas?
54110421807489829424010.jpg

Last edited:

Malvax

Nov 29, 2008
I've got the exact same problem with my R800i and it happend likewise dropped from a low hight and then the screen turned white..... I need help too!! please anyone??
Best Regards Mattias Eriksson

mp998

Mar 8, 2009
By the way the lines run accross the screen it looks like the cable to your screen is loose and is not longer attached all the way.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

G

GuestK00319

Damn I better be more careful with mine I've dropped the phone on the ground a few times putting it back into my pocket but luckily no problems.... Yet

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

Its actually sliding out your gamepad a lot that does this

Sent from my R800x using XDA

haverdaden

Sep 11, 2011
Purmo
yh

yh opening , closing ,opening , closing will make the cable loose in the end. My cable is now loose after alot of gaming opening and closing. There will go alot of money sending it to service now i guess sigh.. ^^ i saw a take apart video and you have to take apart whole phone to get to the LCD cable :(

G

GuestK00319

yh opening , closing ,opening , closing will make the cable loose in the end. My cable is now loose after alot of gaming opening and closing. There will go alot of money sending it to service now i guess sigh.. ^^ i saw a take apart video and you have to take apart whole phone to get to the LCD cable :(

It's actually less of making the cable loose, and more about the friction from the plastic on the track. Every time you slide out your game pad, you are fraying the cable a bit. After time, your phone gets that white screen.

grigio888

Nov 9, 2011
Vila Velha, ES
This is actually a common problem that happens to xperia devices. It's the flex cable that's busted. Here's a link to where you can buy a new one :)

http://compare.ebay.com/like/300666444175?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y
i was thinking that it is the flex cab that was busted but the cel's boot shows normal, appears the DooMLorD logo, but get stuck in this, if i lock n unlock the cel, it shows that screen i have attached... waiting a answer to make my move...

jasonyroland

Mar 27, 2010
Its not the cable in my case

i was thinking that it is the flex cab that was busted but the cel's boot shows normal, appears the DooMLorD logo, but get stuck in this, if i lock n unlock the cel, it shows that screen i have attached... waiting a answer to make my move...

my R800at did the same thing . white weird screen but still operates fine. i ordered the ribbon and yes installed correctly. same problem it didnt fix it. i too installed a custom rom and it went white shortly after. im just asking someone to think out of the box on this one. i love the work you do here saved my butt a hundred times. i inspected both cables and even sent my old one back in my return package and got a refund . It looked like the other no fraying or any unexpected wear and tear.