Themes for wm6

Search This thread

fastindy

Sep 13, 2007
Hey pplz,

I am in need for some bad a$$ theme for my new 8925 wm6 pro phone. I have used the search feature on this website as well as few other websites. The picture for theme that i am lookin for is the one that on this post:
"http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=321332&highlight=Theme"
Name for the post is: [UPDATED 08-08] Schap's WM6 Pro 3.54b ROMs [WWE|FRA|GER|ESN|ITA|PTG|NLD]

Note: I have tried downloading the files under "EXTRA LINKS" and then importing them to the phone, but when i click the tsk files....it doesnt show up under "select a theme for your device: " under settings -> today..

Can some1 tell me where to download this theme, or tell me what i am doing wrong in getting this theme on this phone?

Grreatly aprriciate any1's input
FI

DIE_HARD

Apr 19, 2007
My current WM6 ROM won't install themes either.

Don't know if they did something to make them incompatible but I get the same problem you have.

Diggitydru

Aug 15, 2007
Southern California
\WINDOWS\ folder is where they should be placed...

Don't know if they did something to make them incompatible but I get the same problem you have.

I've seen what you're talking about. If you're running Windows Vista and trying to copy files to your device, it won't let you browse to the \WINDOWS\ folder to do anything.

Try using File Explorer and copy the file from wherever you have placed it and paste the copy in the \WINDOWS\ folder. It may also work in your My Documents folder, but I'm not 100% on that. The \WINDOWS\ folder should work though so that it shows up as an option in your "Today" options.

I use one that's got a Windows Vista Ultimate feel to it and like it a lot.... it's called BLGLOSS.TSK and I hope that my file attachment worked! I'm still quite the n00b at this stuff but have been madly cooking roms with Pandora, etc.... good stuff.

Attachments

• BLGLOSS.zip
    47.8 KB · Views: 265
Reactions: ahmet-54-54

DIE_HARD

Apr 19, 2007
So basically what your saying is the automated install when you run a .tsk from any location no longer happens and you have to manually put it in a system folder for it to show up in the theme's list?

EDIT:
Yup apparently that is the issue! Theme's don't copy themselves when you run them from a memory card or wherever anymore. :p

Last edited:

Confused Stu

Aug 12, 2005
Gillingham, Kent
If you don't fancy your themes clogging up your /WINDOWS/ folder (and who does?), they work just as well when dropped in the root of your /STORAGE CARD/. Note, if you put them in a folder in the storage card they won't get picked up under the Today setting, you must just drop them in the root.

With my themes in my Storage card's root, and my ringtones in my Storage Card's My Documents folder, the only file I have to copy to Windows now after a reset is the one I use for my alarm!

Personally, my favourite theme wesbite is here: http://www.pocketpcthemes.com/category.aspx?CategoryID=9&ttype=11 but make sure you've got "WM5 QVGA" selected in the drop down at the top or you'll end up with ones that don't work on landscape.

fastindy

Sep 13, 2007
So basically what your saying is the automated install when you run a .tsk from any location no longer happens and you have to manually put it in a system folder for it to show up in the theme's list?

EDIT:
Yup apparently that is the issue! Theme's don't copy themselves when you run them from a memory card or wherever anymore. :p

so wait were u able to make ur phone install the theme u wanted after you moved it manually to the windows folder or the root of ur storage ?

fastindy

Sep 13, 2007
ok, i got the themes to show up under Setting->Today, but the theme doesnt look like how its suppose to....the theme that i posted on the original post shows a very big time on the today screen, when i set it on mine, the time doesnt even show up....only things like the background change....any ideas?

Confused Stu

Aug 12, 2005
Gillingham, Kent
Fastindy, I think you may have got themes on PPCs mixed up with those on Smartphones. When you change a theme on a Smartphone, it affects the picture on the Today screen, as well as what info is shown on it and where. This means a Smartphone theme will have clocks, SMS counters, etc built into it.

A PPC theme, on the other hand, affects only the background picture, top and bottom bar colour scheme, and the Start drop down background picture. What info is actually displayed on the screen is determined by Today plug-ins - these are the things that show the clocks, SMS counters, calendar appointments, and so on.

On the Schaps ROM you linked to in the first post, the clock showing on the today screens is the HTC Home plug-in. It's available here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=327646 but I don't know if this is the newest/best version as personally I don't use (takes up too much of my screen for my liking).

Hope that helps.

bbee10

Feb 5, 2010
if you go into folder options and tell it to show hidden files folders and drives, and untick hide protected operating system files then you will be able to see the windows folder from your computer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    \WINDOWS\ folder is where they should be placed...

I've seen what you're talking about. If you're running Windows Vista and trying to copy files to your device, it won't let you browse to the \WINDOWS\ folder to do anything.

Try using File Explorer and copy the file from wherever you have placed it and paste the copy in the \WINDOWS\ folder. It may also work in your My Documents folder, but I'm not 100% on that. The \WINDOWS\ folder should work though so that it shows up as an option in your "Today" options.

I use one that's got a Windows Vista Ultimate feel to it and like it a lot.... it's called BLGLOSS.TSK and I hope that my file attachment worked! I'm still quite the n00b at this stuff but have been madly cooking roms with Pandora, etc.... good stuff.