[Q] Multiple Texts

Search This thread

Chism87

May 4, 2011
Greetings!

Lots of my friends have been telling me that my phone sends texts 3-5 times. I've had the vivid since the day it came out and I've used multiple roms. I currently have holics on it, but i've heard it even when I was on stock. So, I'm like hmmm? Usually a reboot fixes it but I dont want to do that every few hours. Could it be AT&T? Vivid? GOsms Pro? It just really bugs me, because I know I hate receiving dup texts. I usually hear "wtf why did you send that 3 times?" a day..

Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
Greetings!

Lots of my friends have been telling me that my phone sends texts 3-5 times. I've had the vivid since the day it came out and I've used multiple roms. I currently have holics on it, but i've heard it even when I was on stock. So, I'm like hmmm? Usually a reboot fixes it but I dont want to do that every few hours. Could it be AT&T? Vivid? GOsms Pro? It just really bugs me, because I know I hate receiving dup texts. I usually hear "wtf why did you send that 3 times?" a day..

Anyone else having this issue?

I have had this happen ever since i activated a iphone 3G on my account years ago. I get multiple sent and received.. i dont know what caused it, but i just ignore it.

come at me bro

Aug 9, 2011
i find it happens with iphones most, but it also happens with other phones

i havent had this issue since i been using a non lte rom

rasar42

I had it happen to me, and (at least in my case) I think I've narrowed down the potential cause.

I wrote a small app to send a specific text to a specific number. It works - well, ... kind of. After sending the first text, the SMS system appears to freeze, and won't allow any subsequent messages to be sent from any SMS app - not just the one I wrote - until I reboot the phone. When I do, the clogged messages are released. This would include any re-sends I may have attempted, resulting in dupes.

So my semi-literate guess is that it has to do with an incompatible SMS app, which probably locks the outbound socket for a while.

......then again, I may be way off base.

-RKA