[Q] Why is phone storage 8.94GB after installing ROM?

Search This thread

reef88

Jan 9, 2014
I used to have 6GB free from my 16GB GS4. I installed Omega ROM and now it says 2GB free out of 8.94GB. Can I get them back and still use the rom?

re: memory

I used to have 6GB free from my 16GB GS4. I installed Omega ROM and now it says 2GB free out of 8.94GB. Can I get them back and still use the rom?

That's normal if you downloaded a lot of apps, or created a few nandroid backups.
If you have videos in the phone that also uses a lot of memory, pictures uses memory.

If you are like I am, I keep about 2 GB of MP3 songs on my phone, that's takes up
a lot of memory too.

Check for nandroid backups in either your clockworkmod folders if you use cwm recovery
or in your TWRP folder and sub-folders if you use TWRP recovery for backups.
Nandroid backups take up a lot of user available memory.

Our phones have a total of 16gb memory (a little less due to the formatting overhead).

Within that memory there is a pre-allocated partition of approx 6gb designed to
be used by the firmware/rom and it's associated files, images and cache.

The size of that partition cannot be changed by the user and if you flash a rom
which is 2GB in size or 1GB the total free available memory for the user will
remain the same, it will not add or subtract from the total free space to the user.

Good luck!

Last edited:

maurocds

Jan 30, 2013

s4 has 9.13gb max free, you need to enter recovery and wipe a lot of things from internal memory

be carefull with your data

after rom flash, should be around 8gb 8.5gb (with gpe roms)

xiabonan

Sep 9, 2013
Did you make a backup using your recovery and stored it to your internal storage? That could take up A LOT of space!!

rkadve

Aug 12, 2009
What's cached data?
It has taken up 1.42GB of my memory

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389622951113.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389622951113.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 47