[Q] messed up good this time

Search This thread

gec

Jun 2, 2008
hi all. need help

i've been playing with different roms for couple of years now on different phones and did not have any problems.
till now that is ....

i have installed Omega 21.1, but from time to time phone would lose gsm data connection so i decided to flash something else.
installed [ROM]KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP official Google Edition and it was good.
for some, God knows what reason, wanted to try Omega19 (4.3). installed fine but sound was broken. when ever phone used any kind of sound it would start flashing or would freeze or something. Flasing any other rom did not help. and for some reason it does not let me change modem with odin.

Last modem i have installed is XXUEMJ5.

tried to do restore using [GUIDE] Unroot/Unbrick, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 & I9505 but Odin would fail with Auth error

tried with Odin 3.47, and 3.07

now i still can install rom but stops in logo loop. tried both Omega and google edition.

pls help

Last edited by a moderator:

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro
hi all. need help

i've been playing with different roms for couple of years now on different phones and did not have any problems.
till now that is ....

i have installed Omega 21.1, but from time to time phone would lose gsm data connection so i decided to flash something else.
for some, God knows what reason, wanted to try Omega19 (4.3). installed fine but sound was broken. when ever phone used any kind of sound it would start flashing or would freeze or something. Flasing any other rom did not help. and for some reason it does not let me change modem with odin.

tried to do restore using [GUIDE] Unroot/Unbrick, Flash official stock firmware on Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 & I9505 but Odin would fail with Auth error

now i still can install rom but stops in logo loop. tried both Omega and google edition.

pls help

Hi,

Once you have installed a TW 4.4.2 ROM , it installs the latest knox bootloader.
At that point , you cannot downgrade your firmware.
You said you installed [ROM]KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP official Google Edition and it was good.
Your best bet is to re-install that.

As for the modem , there is a technique which you have to try:
Look HERE

That should help.

:)

BTW , I edited your title ;)

Reactions: gec

gec

Jun 2, 2008
tried Omega 21.1 with
Bootloader -> BL_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 and
Modems -> CP_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5
but now it does not get to the logo. shows samsung logo and than screen goes blank.

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
tried Omega 21.1 with
Bootloader -> BL_I9505XXUFNA5_373648_REV06_user_low_ship_MULTI_C ERT.tar.md5 and
but now it does not get to the logo. shows samsung logo and than screen goes blank.

Try to reFlash those Files with Odin then Boot into TWRP mode and Do a full wipe and Install Omega (Inside Omega file there's Fullwipe , Click that and Setup the apps you need) then reboot .Make sure that You have a TWRP recovery^

gec

Jun 2, 2008
Try to reFlash those Files with Odin then Boot into TWRP mode and Do a full wipe and Install Omega (Inside Omega file there's Fullwipe , Click that and Setup the apps you need) then reboot .Make sure that You have a TWRP recovery^

thx.

tried it. no success :( after samsung logo just goes black.

gec

Jun 2, 2008
yes. that was first thing i tested. at best i get the logo loop.

and yes, i do full data wipe before and after reinstallation of the new rom.

cache wipe only whe requested but in this case done that to.

is there a way to see a boot log or something to see where and why booting stops?

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib

is there a way to see a boot log or something to see where and why booting stops?

The best thing you can do is flash the entire 4.4.2 stock rom via odin.And start from scratch(Recovery/Custom rom) Since you already flashed the newestbootloader (from OMEGA file) .This mean your knox is now triggered and your warranty is now void 0x01.

Last edited:

malybru

Retired Senior Moderator
Aug 16, 2006
London
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Hi,

Perhaps you should try to find the latest test stock 4.4.2 firmware ( I9505XXUFNA1) and flash it in odin.
Wipe data and cache before and after flashing.

And then wait for the official update.
At least you should have a phone you can use.

gec

Jun 2, 2008
following http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2265477

i've found that there is 4.3 stock image I9505XXUEMKF. downloaded it and tried to install but that did not work.

now this is a noob question but is there a speciffic bootloader, modem or something else i need to flash before flashing this image?

or should i search for 4.4.2 version?

thx

gec

Jun 2, 2008
flashing stock 4.3 on current bootloader/modem combination gives me Fail from Odin and Sw. Rev. Check Fail error on the phone.

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
flashing stock 4.3 on current bootloader/modem combination gives me Fail from Odin and Sw. Rev. Check Fail error on the phone.

I believe malybru already answer that for you .Thread and Stop experimenting with your Phone because there's a chance that you might bricked your Device or end up with no IMEI.. and Your asking for help/Solution mate so follow their instruction . If not feel free to send your Phone to customer Service for repair.( and Be aware that your warranty is already voided unless your Country is part of EU so Rooting and Flashing don't void your warranty) :)

Last edited:

KingOfDope

I believe malybru already answer that for you .Thread and Stop experimenting with your Phone because there's a chance that you might bricked your Device or end up with no IMEI.. and Your asking for help/Solution mate so follow their instruction . If not feel free to send your Phone to customer Service for repair.( and Be aware that your warranty is already voided unless your Country is part of EU so Rooting and Flashing don't void your warranty) :)

So what you mean that if you leave in a country that is part of EU, It doesn't matter if KNOX is triggered? :D (I life in Holland btw)

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
So what you mean that if you leave in a country that is part of EU, It doesn't matter if KNOX is triggered? :D (I life in Holland btw)

Click the link on EU mate . And start reading ;) even my provider said that if the knox is already triggered, My phone still have warranty for 2 years as long its a hardware/system problem. But if i break the glass on my phone and such then i dont have any warranty for that..and must pay them for a repair.:p

Sent from Hell ��

Last edited:
Reactions: gec and KingOfDope

gec

Jun 2, 2008

ah, my bad. for some reason i was reading 4.4.2 as 4.2.2 :eek:

i did follow all other instructions, and i thank you all for them, but still not sure where to go from here.

i know i should stick to 4.4.2 firmware but need to check somehow if bootloader/modem combination that i've install is actually installed.

Repulsa

Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib

i did follow all other instructions, and i thank you all for them, but still not sure where to go from here.

i know i should stick to 4.4.2 firmware but need to check somehow if bootloader/modem combination that i've install is actually installed.

If you already flash the Bootloader from Omega then you can no longer downgrade to 4.3 stock , that's why your Getting Fail (Auth) in Odin :) Flash the 4.4.2 stock Leak rom for now then if you consider flashing a Custom Rom then ,flash the philz recovery 6.09.2 or TWRP (Dont forget to Nandroid backup EFS and such and then DO A CLEAN WIPE by Wiping cache, dalvik cache data and system) and From recovery flash any Custom rom you like. (no need to root your phone, Your phone will be rooted after flashing any custom rom . So goodluck

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Click the link on EU mate . And start reading ;) even my provider said that if the knox is already triggered, My phone still have warranty for 2 years as long its a hardware/system problem. But if i break the glass on my phone and such then i dont have any warranty for that..and must pay them for a repair.:p

Sent from Hell ��
    hi all. need help

till now that is ....

pls help

Hi,

Once you have installed a TW 4.4.2 ROM , it installs the latest knox bootloader.
    At that point , you cannot downgrade your firmware.
    You said you installed [ROM]KOT49H【4.4.2】AOSP official Google Edition and it was good.
    Your best bet is to re-install that.

As for the modem , there is a technique which you have to try:
    Look HERE

That should help.

BTW , I edited your title ;)
    tried Omega 21.1 with

Hi,

Did you try the GE ROM?

tried Omega 21.1 with

If you already flash the Bootloader from Omega then you can no longer downgrade to 4.3 stock , that's why your Getting Fail (Auth) in Odin :) Flash the 4.4.2 stock Leak rom for now then if you consider flashing a Custom Rom then ,flash the philz recovery 6.09.2 or TWRP (Dont forget to Nandroid backup EFS and such and then DO A CLEAN WIPE by Wiping cache, dalvik cache data and system) and From recovery flash any Custom rom you like. (no need to root your phone, Your phone will be rooted after flashing any custom rom . So goodluck