[Q] Soft Bricked SM-N900V

Search This thread

quicksta4

Feb 25, 2014
I've got a soft bricked Verizon Galaxy Note 3 and I've tried just about everything I've seen on every other thread to fix it. I'm not really "new" to rooting, I've been doing on every phone I've owned since the HTC Thunderbolt (I regretted that purchase immensely).

The phone was a gift that I just received the day before yesterday, and I didn't think to check whether it came pre-loaded with the latest update that supposedly makes this type of soft brick happen.

After using Odin to try and load Root de la Vega, it gets stuck right away.

Here's the feed from Odin:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Root_de_la_Vega.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> FAIL! (Auth)
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Regardless of what I'm trying to load to the device, whether it's the root file, or the "fix" files with the correct PIT and everything, it still stops at the same point. Anyone know how to fix this particular problem?

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
If you soft-bricked it using RdlV, why are you attempting to recover from that situation by continuing to use RdlV ("Root_de_la_Vega.tar.md5") ?

[Edit] - you mention some other files, but in a pretty vague way. Please be specific.

Flash the pure stock Odin file onto the phone and root in a different fashion (kingo or vroot).

Since you don't know which release was on the phone, neither do we, so I suppose that means you should assume you had MJE, and therefore the only stock Odin file you can flash is

ALL_N900VVRUBMJE_N900VVZWMJE_2106277_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2524572

good luck

Last edited: