[Q] Wifi is connected but no traffic, WTF?

Search This thread

ssnapier

May 17, 2009
Hagerstown, MD
I thought at first my router was having issues, but that is not the case. I have confirmed zero router issues by using 3 laptops and 2 other phones (Samsung units) to connect to anything I want.

If I connect using my M8 (Verizon), it connects with no issue but I have no real internet connection. The signal strength is -40 so that is not the issue.

I have tried multiple restarts, multiple networks, and multiple SSID's. I even tried forcing it to 2.4 or 5 Ghz and nothing at all seems to work.

Is this a known issue? I am coming from a long line of Samsung stuff so I am not up to speed on the quirks with HTC stuff. Your assistance is appreciated!

Last edited:

Sir-Fix-a-Lot

Jun 17, 2014
I thought at first my router was having issues, but that is not the case. I have confirmed zero router issues by using 3 laptops and 2 other phones (Samsung units) to connect to anything I want.

If I connect using my M8 (Verizon), it connects with no issue but I have no real internet connection. The signal strength is -40 so that is not the issue.

I have tried multiple restarts, multiple networks, and multiple SSID's. I even tried forcing it to 2.4 or 5 Ghz and nothing at all seems to work.

Is this a known issue? I am coming from a long line of Samsung stuff so I am not up to speed on the quirks with HTC stuff. Your assistance is appreciated!

Stock, custom ROM, etc?

ssnapier

May 17, 2009
Hagerstown, MD
Ok, so I just connected to the wifi at my office and it appears to be working just fine, but it took about 15 minutes form my phone to recognize that the network even existed.

ssnapier

May 17, 2009
Hagerstown, MD
I am pretty sure this phone is just a piece of crap. About 2 hours after my last post it started doing the same thing (at work). I just got home and did a 100% fresh reset of both my router and my phone to eliminate any possible configuration issues and it shows that it is connected on the phone, but the router is not seeing that it is connected... how the hell does that work?

grneyez

Sep 3, 2009
I am pretty sure this phone is just a piece of crap. About 2 hours after my last post it started doing the same thing (at work). I just got home and did a 100% fresh reset of both my router and my phone to eliminate any possible configuration issues and it shows that it is connected on the phone, but the router is not seeing that it is connected... how the hell does that work?

Since you've determined its a piece of crap, sell it and get yourself a iPhone. Why bother trying to get it to work.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
When you connect to your router what details does it give in the phone WiFi settings for that connection?
Also which router do you use?

Last edited: