How to get T-Mobile LTE working (And Stable) On Sense 6 Roms with a Verizon One Max

Search This thread

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
Hey guys, I have a few questions that I need to get resolved which MAY help in getting LTE Working solid on Verizon One maxes for those who Have T-Mobile, but I would like to confirm that T-Mobile LTE does work on the Verizon one Max. You don't need to flash ANY special Radios. You can even use Verizon's Latest Radios and it works. All that needs to be done is use *#*#4636*#*# to change the preferred network type to GSM/WCMDA/LTE and boom, it works. The Problem I am having is that you have to switch to GSM Only first, just to get it to Work on T-Mobile before you switch to GSM/WCDMA/LTE. Another problem is that when you reboot once or Twice, my radio keeps on going crazy Rapidly switching from No Service to T-Mobile and Back. I go back into *#*#4636*#*# and I see that it changed to EvDO+CMDA/LTE Mode. I would have to go back and switch to GSM only to fix the problem then back to GSM/WCDMA/LTE Mode to connect to the network again. And yes I have the fast.T-Mobile.com APN Already inputted. This is with both Verizon and Sprint Sense 5 or 6 Roms. So we know LTE works on T-Mobile with the Verizon HTC One Max, But it won't stick. However, I decided to Flash a Cyanongen 11 Rom to the One Max, I am able to go System > Mobile Networks > Preferred Network Type and switch it to GSM/WCDMA/LTE, Reboot, then go into dialer and enter *#*#4636#*#* and Switch to LTE/GSM auto (PRL) and it works flawlessly. No matter how many times I restart, I still instantly connect to T-Mobile's LTE Network. Texting and MMS works with no issue. So what I think the issue is that On Sense roms there is only 6 Different Preffered Network types to choose from but on the Cyanongen 11 Rom, there are over 15. Also, On Sense ROMS there is only a GSM/WCDMA/LTE type with no Auto and I think that's the issue. There is no LTE/GSM auto (PRL) Selection in Sense roms. Because when I choose GSM (auto) on Sense, I can connect to HSPA, 3G, and EDGE with no issues. So I am asking for some help in How can we get more Preferred network type selections under *#*#4636*#*#. Or is there some scripts we can change with the current ones that resemble a LTE/GSM auto (PRL) Selection. But I think that is the culprit in Getting LTE fully working.

Last edited:

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
And just to Confirm that LTE is working on HTC One Max Verizon Version.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-24-13-22-09.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-24-13-22-09.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 370
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    248.5 KB · Views: 380

ceo4eva

Sep 30, 2008
Ellicott City
OnePlus 11
Even when I put my phone in wcdma/gsm/lte my service stays outputting no signal. Even when I reboot it stays like that until I change the network mode.

I wish t mobile released a one max so we could get WiFi calling :(

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using XDA Free mobile app

jerrycycle

Aug 20, 2009
I have come to use xposed module Intelli3G to auto select the network. It has to be set to you liking of network chose.

snyper2k2

Aug 21, 2008
I'm trying to do this too. But the roms I have tried so far won't let me get into *#*#4636#*#*. What Rom did you use to get into it?

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
I have come to use xposed module Intelli3G to auto select the network. It has to be set to you liking of network chose.

This does seem to fix one of the Issues, but I am getting Signal Dropouts on LTE when going from Tower to Tower and have to turn on and off Airplane Mode to get it working agian. Do you ever experience this issue?

jerrycycle

Aug 20, 2009
I don't have to use airplane mode to regain a signal. In my area T-Mobile has spotty signal strength. That is one reason I use LTE but only when signal is fair to good and for long video streaming. Hspa+ for me is better on battery and suffice for Tapatalk, email, mms, market downloads, apk even short videos, etc. I stream more on the weekend because it football season.

Last edited:

jraz305

Jun 4, 2011
Any way to get this to work on a spint variant . I really don't think it's hard ware.. and more of soft ware.. please chime in if you Have any suggestions thanks in advance

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
Any way to get this to work on a spint variant . I really don't think it's hard ware.. and more of soft ware.. please chime in if you Have any suggestions thanks in advance

I use to Have a Sprint One Max with it Unlocked as well and I only got HSPA+ Speeds with it. I never Went about getting LTE to work because I though it didn't have the Compatible Radio inside of it. I am hearing that the Sprint Version has the Same LTE bands as the Verizon Network Uses. But I would try to go into you *#*#4636#*#* (or Download Network from the Play Store) And try switching your preferred network to GSM/WCDMA/LTE and see if it works. Make sure, that your APN Is set to the Fast.t-mobile.com One also. That is all I did to get it to work on the Verizon Version.

theslimed2013

Aug 13, 2013
I get these drops too.Mainly when I switch wifi off or on.

Same here. Also, I tried switching bands and it did seem to fix the Problem, However it prevents me to Call out or Receive Calls because usually when making or Receiving a Call, the LTE Band goes back to 3G/H/H+ because T-Mobile hasn't Activated VoLTE yet. But it is good to know that LTE does work but it's not really Stable and Global Phone Friendly. The Problems really happen when Driving around or Going from Tower to Tower. Signal goes from perfect to NULL and just stays at 1 or 0 Bars no matter where you go. And you either have to Restart the Phone, Turn the Radio off then on, or Just simply Turn on and Off Airplane Mode to fix it. So I am just using WCMDA or GSM Only for the time being and I don't really want to go to a AOKP CM11 Rom because most of the Features I use aren't there. And just to Clarify, Switching/Flashing Radios and basebands does NOT Fix the problem. I have tried All sorts of Radios, even from T-Mobile HTC One Phones and just doesn't work.

astropods

Apr 29, 2007
Texas
I had used the steps in the link pasted under this to get my LTE working perfectly on the stock Verizon ROM with Sense 5.5 but after upgrading to Sense 6 these changes have caused some issues. The changes worked fine for a day but then the second day mobile data stopped and nothing I did could bring it back. I ended up having to flash a stock rom RUU to get mobile data to come back. I'm not sure why the data stopped on the second day, I may have been from other changes I made to dpi or adding on screen buttons or re-locking the bootloader to use the fingerprint scanner. For now I'm just using gloabal mode which gets me good 3G till I re-gain my courage to try modifying the settings to get the LTE again.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2538998

jraz305

Jun 4, 2011
Hey message me .. I have a Sprint variant .. what radio did u try ... To get lye working from another Carrier I want to try .. to flash another radio on my Sprint variant with a Verizon radio and see if I can get it to catch lte but for fear of loseing my GSM don't want to do it . Thanks in advance

boogy51

Jun 6, 2015
help not rooted

I've done everything you said step by step and still only EDGE works I've networks and telinfo I'm currently on family mobile