[Kernel] ikxdf's kernels (original HTC 2.6.29 stable and 2.6.35.4 for tests)

Search This thread

ikxdf

May 17, 2010
Hi guys,

I stopped a while to build rom for tatoo but I continued to follow the thread.
For fun I have compiled the latest stable kernel ... if anyone cares to test it I'll put the link here.

I take this opportunity to insert a link to my kernel sources generated using HTC.
I think it's correct to use this kernel for the development of libraries on the camera and radio, as it turns out to be the only kernel you know works.
Compiling the latest kernel I have seen many great features ... but totally missing some drivers, such as those in radio ...
I do not understand this anxiety developers to have a custom kernel and the most updated ... But I think it is appropriate to start building a secure kernel. When the camera and the radio works then you can create as many kernels you want ... but not before.

This is my thought ... meanwhile I'll use this post to whoever wants to download the kernel and HTC for those who want to test my kernel 2.6.35.4.

Kernel_2.6.29_HTC
contain for shure all drivers for FMRadio,camera,bt ecc and all htc patches (if presents). this kernel il generated from HTC kernel source downloaded from htc site.
Features added: ext3 and ext4 partitions support

Kernel_2.6.35.4_v1NOT WORKING
Is a testing kernel. it is generated compiling the last stable source released on kernel.org

Kernel_2.6.35.4_v2
- FMRadio diriver inculded
- voltage and current regulator support
- Led drivers
- ext3 ext4

Last edited:

segway_

Feb 20, 2010
Ioannina
The attached kernel Kernel_2.6.35.4_v1_[ikxdf].zip does not even boot.
No adb no something on /proc/last_kmsg after boot to recovery!!
Nice try ikxdf.

Seg.

kiljacken

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 20, 2010
Nykøbing Mars
Nice try ikxdf.

Seg.

This is because he based it on the stock Linux kernel, and not the android branch... I don't even know if it's compiled for ARM or x86, but I'll check that soon...

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

EDIT: I have checked for the kernel architecture and it is compiled for ARM. I also took the liberty of extracting the config from it, and saw that it seriously need lots of attention. I have attached a copy of the config below... BTW: good luck with getting this to work :)

Attachments

• config.txt
    37.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

ikxdf

May 17, 2010
Nice try ikxdf.

Seg.

please sega-way evitate your sarcasm and read well before writing:

is not nice... it haven't the radio drivers and i don't know if it work well...
For fun I have compiled the latest stable kernel ... if anyone cares to test it I'll put the link here.

if u don't know i haven't a tatto for testing.
if anyone want test and send me the error i will try to fix if i find the time.
for me the only correct kernel is the 2.6.29 compiled from the htc source. All other kernel is only a game.
For the next time...learn to read all post before writing.

Thanks

Last edited:

ikxdf

May 17, 2010
This is because he based it on the stock Linux kernel, and not the android branch... I don't even know if it's compiled for ARM or x86, but I'll check that soon...

Sent from my HTC Hero using XDA App

EDIT: I have checked for the kernel architecture and it is compiled for ARM. I also took the liberty of extracting the config from it, and saw that it seriously need lots of attention. I have attached a copy of the config below... BTW: good luck with getting this to work :)

thanks Kill. I can't take a look now but next week i will try to recompile it. Please i need a .config of a original 1.6 ROM...can u upload it here?

ikxdf

May 17, 2010
i'm trying to made this kernel booting and have add some features:

- FMRadio diriver inculded :)
- voltage and current regulator support
- Led drivers

if anyone want test it i will upload it today

mainfram3

Mar 5, 2006
I've been away from the Tattoo scene since we got root on this little device.
I'm currently interested in getting psfreedom to run on Tattoo but it seems that the stock HTC kernel is crippled (missing usb stuff). If your kernel is at least bootable, this would be a nice place to start :)

ikxdf

May 17, 2010
I've been away from the Tattoo scene since we got root on this little device.
I'm currently interested in getting psfreedom to run on Tattoo but it seems that the stock HTC kernel is crippled (missing usb stuff). If your kernel is at least bootable, this would be a nice place to start :)

if u are talking about 2.6.35.4 version you have to try if it can boot because i haven't a tattoo for test it.
I have sell my tattoo after 2 week :) but all great users of this thread have always made a great testing job for me and for my rom.
If anyone want test if this kernel is booting or not i will contine to develope it.
If it doesn't boot and adb will start i need a logcat.

if u are talking of the original htc kernel 2.6.29 version it is already working on my rom (Pancake) :).
i will release sonn the wlan.ko module for 2.1 and for 2.2 roms for the 2 versions of kernel.

Last edited:

bartmanus

Aug 22, 2010
Hi, ikxdf!

I'm willing to try your kernel. I am quite an experienced linux user of desktop and server but I'm quite new regarding ROM flashing. But still, from what I gather I have to flash your kernel archive in the boot sector, right?

I have AmonRA's recovery installed and tested. And I'm eager to try cooked stuff as I've just gotten my Tattoo out of service today after 3 weeks!!! I was so dissapointed in having my old Nokia again. :)