[Q] Nook HD+ on CM 11 18/01/14. Battery and Charging Queries.

Search This thread

TheBrokenMan

Jan 31, 2014
As I have stated in the title, I have a Nook HD+ (16GB) running the stable build of CM 11, of 18th Jan 2014, I am glad I bit the bullet and went from stock to this, but I have a few qualms that I hope can be resolved.

1) I knew my battery time from the stock rom to the new ROM would plummet but I am having some suspicions. My nook HD+ lasts ~3hours with the screen on (battery -> screen -> screen on time) Is this the time it should be lasting considering I have a minimal number of apps installed? I have stuff like Adobe reader, firefox etc installed.

2) The tab now takes <2 hours to charge which is a huge relief over the previous time of 4hr 30 min on stock but even though the OS tells me the battery is "charged" the little light doesn't change color from orange to green. Is this normal? I am using the same charger and cable I have always been and both are in pristine condition.

3) when I play stuff like candy crush or Flappy bird, I am losing nearly 1-2% battery every couple of minutes or so. Is this normal?

and lastly I have another query.

4) I am on the stable but before stable I was on the 28th Jan nightly, but after having the battery issue I went to the stable thinking it would help, which of course it didn't. Anyway, the question I am trying to ask is, if I do decide to go back to the nightly, is there a way I can see a changelog on the latest nightly on what it brings and all WITHOUT installing it on the Nook? and how do i know if this build of NIghtly won't make me see the Cyanogen mod screen again where you enter your login to the cyanogen mod and Gmail account?

I hope you guys help me out, this is my first time in the world of android and I am a little bit paranoid. I really hope I get some answers :)

N0he

Feb 25, 2013
There is a changelog for every version in the Updates screen, but it is very technical and developer oriented. You may still be able to look up if any changes concerning the battery were made. The Updates screen is located at:
Settings->About tablet->CM Updates
If you click on the name of a version, the changelog will pop up. You may have to change your filters to see the nightles though.

There is no CM11 labeled stable, so you either mean a CM11 Nightly that is somewhat more 'stable' than the others, or you mean 10.1/10.2.
In case you really mean CM11, I believe your apps/datas/settings won't get lost, not really sure though.
If you are talking about CM10, I'm quite sure you will have to set your nook up from the beginning again if you update. Don't forget to use the right recovery if you do so!

Don't know about the battery as I'm new to this device.

TheBrokenMan

Jan 31, 2014
You have not cleared up the confusion about what you are running. Don't expect to get answered until you do.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

I mentioned in the OP and title that I am on a nightly build of Jan 18th of CM (Cyanogen Mod) 11 ... on a Nook HD+ ... what other details could i be lacking?

leapinlar

Oct 18, 2006
oh, I am new to this so I was referring to what I read in this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2600572

Like I mentioned, someone mentioned to me that Jan 18th is the most stable nightly build which is why I referred to it as such.
Ok, now that we know for sure you were talking about two versions of CM11 nightlies, maybe someone can comment on your perceptions of battery life and charging.

I don't run CM11, but there should not be a difference in charging time from stock. I suspect that CM11 is not telling you the truth about battery charge state. Anyone else got comments on that?

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited: