SuperSU on Find 7a

Search This thread

tantrums

Apr 1, 2011
Inside my house
Hi all,

In my recent testing on superSU app and binary. I was able to test versions of SuperSU and found out that:

1. from version 1.51 till latest (2.04 beta). SuperSU binary has an issue on detecting sd card mounting (internal and external) on our device. This caused Titatium backup and other root apps that access sd cards to fail.

2. Using SuperSU version 1.42 to 1.45 do not have the issue above. SuperSU app and binary was fully working.

I also reported this to SuperSU thread of Chainfire. Here

Hope this gets resolved soon.

Note: The official SuperSU version 1.45. You can flash this to resolve Titanium backup not working issue. REMEMBER to not let play store update the superSU app to the latest version until the issue is resolved by Chainfire.

:)

Last edited:

Zoltan-X

Oct 14, 2012
The bug is in the installation script! It uses(tries to use) busybox in /bin, but there it isn't! So that's why it fails to work properly. Fixing this by changing the the path of busybox fixes all issues with SuperSU!

Cheers

lesscro

Jul 16, 2007
Paris
Nice investigations.... hope to see Chainfire make a job to found what's the matter...

cheers

Zoltan-X

Oct 14, 2012
If he isn't fixing this behavior, I've a bug fixed version for find 7 and maybe I'll publish it as for find 7 only here.

tantrums

Apr 1, 2011
Inside my house
The bug is in the installation script! It uses(tries to use) busybox in /bin, but there it isn't! So that's why it fails to work properly. Fixing this by changing the the path of busybox fixes all issues with SuperSU!

Cheers

Nice investigations.... hope to see Chainfire make a job to found what's the matter...

cheers

If he isn't fixing this behavior, I've a bug fixed version for find 7 and maybe I'll publish it as for find 7 only here.

I used symlink for busybox to be available in both xbin and bin in KulayOS but the problem still exists. I think the problem is deeper that a busybox problem.
@Zoltan-X, can you post your fixed version of superSU?

tantrums

Apr 1, 2011
Inside my house

Zoltan-X

Oct 14, 2012
Have you unrooted before? I got it so to run! And titanium backup after this worked for me on 2 devices!

Top Liked Posts