[RECOVERY] CWM Recovery for Galaxy Light T-399

Search This thread

afr33sl4ve

Dec 17, 2011
Tucson, AZ
With the NI2, you have to make sure auto-reboot is off. Pull battery, then power on using VolUp + Power + Home. It wasn't taking any other way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for any bricks or other damages that may happen to your phone. You flash this knowing all the risk.

CWM Recovery for Galaxy Light

Installation:
    1) Download the CWM file from here
    2) Put phone in Download mode. Power off phone. Hold down 'Volume Down' button and 'Power Button'. When the warning screen comes up press 'Volume Up' button.
    3) Open Odin and put cwm file in pda and flash
    4) Success. Reboot and enjoy custome recovery

Bugs:
    -The only weird thing I know is going on is that in order to go to internal sd card is you have to go to sdcard/0 directory

If you like my work just hit the Thanks button

Thanks to:
    tazmaniondvl for doing all the testing for me
    shabbypenguin for providing me with the stock recovery.img

I'll just go ahead and say this here, i hope no one sends this file on any phone at any time. nothing personal by any means, but your efs partition contains your devices IMEI. early on in android devices people would get ahold of someone elses efs partition and it would mess up both devices, nowadays on devices like the s4 it actually just corrupts the image when it reads the hardware values and compares to the image. but still having the image given freely is a fairly large security risk (with someones IMEI you can clone their device and report it lost/stolen blacklisting the device for the true owner and much more.)

if it truly is your efs partition there have been several tools which claim they can repair it, this is my second GSM device and ive made sure to backup EFS on both as soon as i got root so ive no idea if they work or not. seems kind of odd though that EFS would prevent you from booting, in all other cases i know about it just blanks out your cell signal stuff.

Just so they know you dont need someone elses efs file.. You can restore it from the nvdata and the nvdata backup.. you could completly wipe the efs folder it will remake it on boot and restore it from any backup of nvdata you had... Why people still ask for someone elses efs folder escapes me thanks for putting the warning out there.

also helpfull if theres a stock odin... Humm going to have to check my source on getting the stock odin image.. You can completly hose it 9 times out of 10 if u can get to a stock recovery from factory it will re provision your first boot might be 00000s but it will correct..

NEVER EVER EVER GIVE YOUR EFS OR NVDATA FILES TO ANYONE ASKING TO RECOVER THERE DEVICE... EVER.

Off chance that a developer asks for it make sure you know what your getting into.. Sometimes we do use them for hex editing unlockers. But we will a ask for your permission first second Tell you what were doing with it and thirdly. Give you the unlock code if successful. Thats only if we wanna test it on a device we dont own and or we already unlocked our device and want to say make sure it unlocks on someone elses.
    Most the time we wont ask for it...
    Ok somehow I missed important comments from smartguy and shabbypenguin but I understand now. Since using someone elses efs could cause problems and not having efs backup looks like I'm toast. The efs partition won't even mount so its worse than corrupt or incorrect. This is my first brick. I wish I could recreate own efs from data on the box or something.

Sent from my U8150 using Tapatalk 2

efs wont mount on anyone's device, its not a file system. just one giant file. as i mentioned i dont think you overwrote your efs though, perhaps something more useless like param or hidden and its causing the bootloop. we know its not the bootloaders and we know its not system/data/boot/recovery/cache.
    CWM installed just fine. Some may need to know that you need to put the phone into download mode before trying to install CWM . I just use ADB command "adb reboot download" while the phone is connected to computer.
    DISCLAIMER: I take no responsibility for any bricks or other damages that may happen to your phone. You flash this knowing all the risk.

CWM Recovery for Galaxy Light

Installation:
    1) Download the CWM file from here
    2) Open Odin and put cwm file in pda and flash
    3) Success. Reboot and enjoy custome recovery

Bugs:
    -The only weird thing I know is going on is that in order to go to internal sd card is you have to go to sdcard/0 directory

If you like my work just hit the Thanks button

Thanks to:
    tazmaniondvl for doing all the testing for me
    shabbypenguin for providing me with the stock recovery.img

I own a Galaxy Express, but I just want to say that the sdcard/0 issue also occurs on mine. I think it's a kernel issue (decision?) to use mainly 0 instead of legacy when writing data to the internal sdcard.