[Q] Non TW4 launcher

Search This thread

asteetva

Sep 16, 2011
Plano,TX
Hi If I use Go Launcher or LP do i lose any built in functionality apart from not getting email counts ( stopped working for gmail anyways in TW4) , sms etc? Is there a way to get those counts in Go Launcher?

Dalmus

Feb 6, 2011
Milwaukee
Hi If I use Go Launcher or LP do i lose any built in functionality apart from not getting email counts ( stopped working for gmail anyways in TW4) , sms etc? Is there a way to get those counts in Go Launcher?

GMail counts stopped working for everyone because Google changed the API and no longer allows 3rd party apps to query the GMail database.

On my Moment, I've fixed that problem by deleted the updated GMail and replacing it with an older version. LP now happily displays my new mail count. :)

Once we get root, we should be able to do the same with the ET4G.

Reactions: asteetva

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LP has that feature.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium

GMail counts stopped working for everyone because Google changed the API and no longer allows 3rd party apps to query the GMail database.

On my Moment, I've fixed that problem by deleted the updated GMail and replacing it with an older version. LP now happily displays my new mail count. :)

Once we get root, we should be able to do the same with the ET4G.

Download GO Launcher EX Notification it adds this feature to GO Launcher EX.
    Download GO Launcher EX Notification it adds this feature to GO Launcher EX.

This is all you need. The but I don't think email counts work except for gmail.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    This is all you need. The but I don't think email counts work except for gmail.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Works for K9 so it can work for any and all emails as long as you use K9. I do so it works perfect :)

It use the following counts:
    Text Messages
    Missed Calls
    Unread GMail
    Unread K9
    Unread Facebook Messages