[NIGHTLY][ROM][4.0.4][IMM76I] CyanogenMod 9 for Samsung Galaxy S

Search This thread

elitevet

Mar 7, 2011
Tel Aviv
http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#/c/14553/ <-- led notification do the same as bln.

But its okay... just a mistake of vocabulary.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA

Do something similar in quite a different way, while being completely incompatible one with another control-wise. It's like saying iOS and Android have only semantic differences, mate. You sow confusion, you'll rip it double.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Last edited:
Reactions: rschenck

ego42

Feb 15, 2008
Does MTP and PTP file transfer work correctly for you guys? My phone connects correctly but folders and files are displayed two or more times both in Windows 7 Explorer and in Total Commander with the corresponding plugin. Some of the extra folders seem empty and some display their regular contents.
I'm on the latest (16th April) nightly, stock. Will provide more information if it is not a known and/or common problem.

cenonmin

Jul 28, 2010
Sydney
Regarding the modem question, those of us oldtimers may remember way back when...when Codeworkx set up the installation procedure where a default modem was installed IF the modem you had was incompatible with that version of CM. Otherwise, it left the modem alone.

This was an attempt at idiot proofing the procedure, due to endless "Can I use a Sammy modem with CM?????" questions and people complaining that their Samsung modems were causing their CM phones to grow claws and kill their housepets, or some such thing.

As you all know, the idiot proofing failed.

I imagine the same policy is still in force.

The idiot proofing still isn't working.

Not sure if this is related but I have been having problems with 20120416 build. It keeps dropping my provider network whatever CM7 modem I try (JVK, JVU JVT, SRJV1).

It will be okay for a couple of minutes and then I cannot make or recieve any calls after that. When I revert back to 20120412 everything is fine.

I am tempted to go back to stock GB and re-flash but I just did this last week and its a pain to restore.

Anyone have any other suggestions I can try to fix this issue?

Thanks.

pawitp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 30, 2010
Bangkok
Not sure if this is related but I have been having problems with 20120416 build. It keeps dropping my provider network whatever CM7 modem I try (JVK, JVU JVT, SRJV1).

It will be okay for a couple of minutes and then I cannot make or recieve any calls after that. When I revert back to 20120412 everything is fine.

I am tempted to go back to stock GB and re-flash but I just did this last week and its a pain to restore.

Anyone have any other suggestions I can try to fix this issue?

Thanks.

Radio logcat?

laza80

Oct 18, 2010
Here is battery percentage mod for nightly 1604.

GingerBlu.png

I have made it using Battery mod tool
You can make your own or flash mine.

Attachments

• Battery_Mod.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 51

cdmackay

Aug 11, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Not sure where u got that modem info from, but unless pawitp changed the standard modem, jvu is included like it was with build 14 which i used for first install.

The modem in 20120416-NIGHTLY appears to be JVT, judging by its MD5.

The modem appears only to be updated when CM9 has already been flashed to the device, and even then only if there is not already a modem.bin image in /radio.

veilside10

Dec 3, 2010
those nightlys are really awesome, thanks a lot

but I do not like every single gapps. Is it possible to delete some of the apps in the zip without getting an error while flashing? Or do i need to modify something else also?

vasumit

but I do not like every single gapps. Is it possible to delete some of the apps in the zip without getting an error while flashing? Or do i need to modify something else also?

Hi mate, open the gapps zip file ->system->app and delete the gapp apk file you dont need (be careful).

Cheers, Sumit

veilside10

Dec 3, 2010
that was excatly what i wanted to know! I already found the directory but I was not sure if ican delete them without a problem.

Thank you!

Galaid

Sep 1, 2010
Great work with the latest nightly!
Transition for me between ROM was smooth/no problems with my apps after restore. ^^ 16/04/2012

General:
On a whole it seems more responsive/quicker than CM9 Build 17. I like the CM9 Boot animation. There seem to be a few improvements here and there in the Trebuchet Launcher. Coming along nicely.
I had CM9-20120415 on for a short while before 20120416, I can see this sort of release cycle arrangement benefiting flashaholics lol. I hope my phone doesn't die yet :p

Kernel:
I like how the latest nightly kernel included has the ram mod/patch (whatever you guys are calling it)
This is definitely one of the better Kernel Features and should stay! I miss voltage control .. I usually U/V O/C my phone so this is one of the features I need/use. Is there plans to implement this in future pawitp kernel builds?

CWM Recovery:
CWM implementation seems stable/clean - (nandroid backup and restore tested and working perfectly)
It would be nice to include up and down with the menu / back capacitive buttons; if it is not too hard ofc (Like semaphore) I think this is a good idea as it will save you from wearing out your volume up/down & power buttons :)

Issues:
-Battery Life seems worse so far … but I need to test it for longer to be sure. I try and setup the ROM identically each time I re-flash.
-Missing voltage control/cpu/bus configuration.
-I meantioned this earlier but could you possibly include CWM compatible zips of the nightly kernels in the OP? (my apologies if this is listed somewhere for download already I could not find it) This would be useful/helpful for people (like me) who like to test out different Kernels (Other than CM9 Stock Implementation) rather than flash a whole ROM to get the kernel it would be nice to flash just the Kernel zip.

Cheers!:D

Whooo, latest nightly gave me a huge battery drain

android system was 55% but phone was just on my table doing nothing

battery went from 76 to 16% in 3,5 hours :eek:

I can second that. Went from first nigtly to 0416 without wipe and battery life seems much worse. :(

yogosun

Jun 6, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
My battery seems oké:
Screenshot_2012-04-18-14-51-53.jpg

However since installing the new version my phone seems more laggy. It now even has trouble opening whatsapp. Any way to fix this? Reflash? Or is it the ROM?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-18-14-48-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-18-14-48-00.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 705

Taranis

Aug 31, 2011
Poland
I have one, simple question:
why we still can NOT set save location in Camera app?
(save big HD videos and pictures on external SD)

Pawitp, please consider adding this feature. I'll be grateful.

Sorry for big font, but I want the issue to be noticed.

drakenabarion

Dec 13, 2010
Kildare
OnePlus Nord 2T
Nothing Phone 2

Big font wont get this any more notice than the 5 million other requests for this.

And the answer will stay the same. When everything else is running completely perfectly, I think devs may (or maybe not, its up to them) consider working on non essential functions. Cm9 may be working stable for the most part but there is still much to be done and people like Pawitp are almost making miracles happen for our phone. Do you really want to distact them?

External sd card is basically a hack on top of a nexus s source (that phone does not have external as card... I am 90% sure of that). Its not as simple as just adding a line of code, it would take a lot of work.

Sent from my GT-I9000 running CM9 (ICS 4.0.4) using XDA premium app

r-l

Jan 8, 2011
Rotterdam
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE

i use SGS Tools after flashing to remove all the stuf i don't want like, gallery, talk, mail (only use gmail), wallpapers stuff, launcher (i always use Apex) etc etc

it's the perfect app to do it with ;)

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I can second that. Went from first nigtly to 0416 without wipe and battery life seems much worse. :(
i put my back of 0412 back and flashed 0416 over it and till now no bat drain. so far so good

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

People like should be banned for life :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

What are Nightly builds? Auto compiled builds of the latest CyanogenMod source from github. This version change each night and aren't officialy supported. If you find bugs/issues you can/must discuss here (do not submit nightlies bug on CyanogenMod issue tracker).

Downloads

Latest nightly: http://get.cm/?device=galaxysmtd
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Installation

- First time flashing ICS to your Galaxy S (or coming from another ROM)?
    1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    7. WIPE again or Calendar Sync will not work.
    - Upgrading from CM7?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon
    - Upgrading from another CM9 (or teamhacksung) Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon
    Note: The upgrade process from CM7 to ICS is automatic, but downgrading from ICS to CM7 (or restoring Nandroid) requires flashing twice. Once from ICS and again from CM7's recovery.

FAQ (Read here for Change log!)

The FAQ is available on Teamhacksung's Wiki. Please read before asking any questions and please feel free to edit it.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9000:Frequently_Asked_Questions

Known Issues

Please check the list of known issues before reporting bugs.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9000:Known_issues

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.

• Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
    • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Code:
    What is your--
    Phone model:
    Radio (baseband):
    CM version:
    CM Download url:
    Gapps version:

Did you--
    wipe:
     restore with titanium backup:
    reboot after having the issue:

Are you using--
    a task killer:
    a non-stock kernel:
    CMSettings/Performance settings (other than stock):
    other modifications:

Provide any additional information (observations/frequency of problem/last version it worked on/etc) as needed:

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    When I need testers, I will publicly post the build in a new thread. Please do not clog this thread with testing requests.
    Hi guys! What is this? cm-9-20120628-EXPERIMENTAL-galaxysmtd.zip ?? :confused:

Just some builds I'm making while figuring out why the RC won't build.
    You guys should do a full wipe with newest nightly since it swapped emmc and sdcard

No, you don't need to.

Frankly I don't know what is the meaning of swapping cards! Like I said I had nothing in my android_secure folder. I flashed without full wipe and everything working fine to me. I checked version it's new nightly.

Now I have even inserted my micro sd card and it got detected without any issue. Files in it under the emmc folder.

Explain me what is this swapped cards and how to check. I'll check and update...

You'll have the option to use your microSD card as /sdcard in Settings -> Storage -> Menu -> Storage configuration. Android by default (as HTC started it) uses the microSD card as /sdcard and internal memory as /emmc. Samsung came along and uses internal memory as /sdcard and microSD as /sdcard/external_sd. We need to standardize in CyanogenMod, so starting with this nightly, we follow the standard HTC has set, but we also give users the option to swap them if they want. When it comes to Samsung devices, users expect internal SD as /sdcard by default, to the setting is set to swapped as default.

TL;DR: Nothing changes.

I did a full no-wipe install and a full wipe install today.

If no wipe, the sdcard and emmc are mounted reversely by default.
    If full wipe, the sdcard and emmc are just as we have usually.

If full wipe than switch kernel, the sdcard and emmc are mounted reversely again.

There must be some misunderstanding...

The nightlies are designed to be used with the kernels that come with it only. The default preference to swap is stored in the ramdisk in the kernel which is lost if you switch kernel (and so internal SD mounts as /emmc).