This is weird...

Search This thread

familydude99

Mar 28, 2010
im trying to put a recovery on my vibrant that i have and i have root access but when i try to intall rom manager so i can get the recovery i do not find it in the app store. i still have the OLD app store that has lots of green borders. When i look for rom manager, i find te paid version but not the free version and when i try manually installing the apk...
it says parsing error. can i get some help wth the please.

Last edited:

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Download cwr from my signature. Put update.zip on your internal and make sure it is only thing labeled that on there. Boot into stock recovery (blue) and hit Reinstall Packages, let it cycle, hit it again and stock (blue) now becomes cwr (green) and flash away

Reactions: familydude99

familydude99

Mar 28, 2010
Download cwr from my signature. Put update.zip on your internal and make sure it is only thing labeled that on there. Boot into stock recovery (blue) and hit Reinstall Packages, let it cycle, hit it again and stock (blue) now becomes cwr (green) and flash away

will do but is it safe to do this if i rooted with zRoot and if i am on stock rom 2.1-update1

familydude99

Mar 28, 2010
i want to get any form of ICS on the vibrant, if yo could also help me with that i would greatly appreciate it.

familydude99

Mar 28, 2010
WOW i have been trying to install CWM since thursday and with your method i did it within a matter of seconds! Thanks!!

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Again see link in my signature for ICS install instruction. I suggest you play with a 2.2 like Fishman 's Bionix and familiarize yourself with handling functions like flashing, restoring, ram tweaks, ....otherwise you might get into more than you can handle. ICS is a pretty advanced flash and could potentially brick your device if something goes wrong. Not as easy as just flashing update.zip, hence my guide. Also see warning at the top of the guide. Very important and the cause/solution is still WIP.

Also you are on your own for finding the needed files. Sorry but my dropbox acct has been getting flexed lately so i am giving it a break. Good luck and make sure you hit Xrider's thanks for posting in two separate threads to helps you with the .apk.

Going to bed. Good luck.

Reactions: familydude99

familydude99

Mar 28, 2010
Again see link in my signature for ICS install instruction. I suggest you play with a 2.2 like Fishman 's Bionix and familiarize yourself with handling functions like flashing, restoring, ram tweaks, ....otherwise you might get into more than you can handle. ICS is a pretty advanced flash and could potentially brick your device if something goes wrong. Not as easy as just flashing update.zip, hence my guide. Also see warning at the top of the guide. Very important and the cause/solution is still WIP.

Also you are on your own for finding the needed files. Sorry but my dropbox acct has been getting flexed lately so i am giving it a break. Good luck and make sure you hit Xrider's thanks for posting in two separate threads to helps you with the .apk.

Going to bed. Good luck.

Thanks you are a big help.
i am just a noob in this phone. i have been flashing and roting ever since the G1, i had the G1, Mytouch3g, Mytouch 4g, and i am currently using my amaze 4g, but i also have a vibrant that i want to root and put ICS on it but thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure, but here is the direct downloaded ROM Manager (free)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?523y13j76z66lb7
    Yes that is the best way as a matter of fact. Btw what ROM are you wanting to flash?

Going to bed. Good luck.