major battery drain any ideas its ridiculous

Search This thread

runway500

Jul 20, 2010
hello guys,

I have the wifi model xoom rooted with stock rom. My battery life after the first week having my xoom has been terrible. So last week I rooted it and my battery life was tremendous because i didint have many apps on it. I've been slowing adding apps day by day and monitoring so that if I use any battery killers ill be aware. Well battery has gone to crap once again. Last night I charged it to 100 percent, i then took it off the charger and turned airplane mode on. I let it sit there untill around 10am. when i picked it up it was at 69percent charged with 70% of the battery being used from "tablet idle". I freaked out so I downloaded a screenshot app but by that time the tablet idle went down to 44percnt and 34 percent was screen on. anyone have any suggestions as to why those are percentages are so high when my tab is just chillin... btw i just downloaded baddass battery monitor. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2012.04.25-10.32.11.jpeg
    2012.04.25-10.32.11.jpeg
    174.1 KB · Views: 211
  • 2012.04.25-10.32.01.jpeg
    2012.04.25-10.32.01.jpeg
    158.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 2012.04.25-10.31.47.jpg
    2012.04.25-10.31.47.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 213

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
I'm using a custom rom as you can see in my signature and my battery life is quite good and I have many apps installed. It takes any rom a while to settle down. I can't speak to stock rom because I haven't run stock in over a year. It sounds like you are doing the right things though...pay attention to whatever might be syncing in the background...that can be a big battery drain.

d3athsd00r

Feb 24, 2011
Checkout betterbatterystats. Its free on XDA (somewhere). It gives you a breakdown of exactly what is waking your device.

*edit* just noticed you downloaded something similar. Just comb through that and try to find out what is waking your tablet so much.

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

D

daley stephenson

/only thing I can see is that you have bluetooth turned on in your images do you normally have bluetooth running all the time?

megabiteg

Apr 13, 2010
USA
hello guys,

I have the wifi model xoom rooted with stock rom. My battery life after the first week having my xoom has been terrible. So last week I rooted it and my battery life was tremendous because i didint have many apps on it. I've been slowing adding apps day by day and monitoring so that if I use any battery killers ill be aware. Well battery has gone to crap once again. Last night I charged it to 100 percent, i then took it off the charger and turned airplane mode on. I let it sit there untill around 10am. when i picked it up it was at 69percent charged with 70% of the battery being used from "tablet idle". I freaked out so I downloaded a screenshot app but by that time the tablet idle went down to 44percnt and 34 percent was screen on. anyone have any suggestions as to why those are percentages are so high when my tab is just chillin... btw i just downloaded baddass battery monitor. Thanks.

One of the thing that I always try to be careful about my Xoom is having wireless disabled at all times I'm not using it. I've notice that since I've been doing so, my battery life has stretched further and further than when I leave it on.

Apps usually check for the network state, but this doesn't consume as much battery cycles as if the wireless would be on searching for signal while your not using it.

tincbtrar

Nov 12, 2009
New York City
OP...it sounds like a rogue app of sorts.

Purchase Autostarts from the market and disable processes you don't need running at startup. It could help.

I've noticed that a lot of certain apps like to be started even though I don't need them running all the time. It could be an app running during different circumstances as well.

Let us know if this works.

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda premium

wesamothman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 5, 2012
Dallas - TX
1) root your device.
2) follow the steps in the below link to flash the best rom ever made for motorola xoom 3G. if you have a wifi version, then install the wifi version rom only.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1459641
3) go to market, buy startup Manager app. and install it. remove unwanted apps from its GUI but keep superuser / supersu.
4) go to market and buy juice defender ultimate. install it and configure it as aggressive mode.

Only then, you will the difference. if Motorola promised you with 10 hours battery life, this will give an extra 2 hours :)