Stuttering/Low Framerate?

Search This thread

Leonveerman

Feb 11, 2014
Hey guys first of all I'm new on XDA.

My Galaxy S Advance just doesn't feel ''butter smooth'' like it should be. When I use my friends Galaxy S II, I really feel the difference when scrolling through homescreens. When I'm scrolling through my homescreens on my SGS Advance it just feels like it has something like 40-50 fps.

Does anyone know a solution for this? Or is this just the flaws of the SGS Advance?

I'm running Cyanogenmod 11, but I've had many different ROM and Kernels, they all didn't solve the problem.

K

King ov Hell

40 - 50 FPS ? really ? In my opinion your eyes can't realize 24 FPS above if you are NOT playing Battlefield 3. :)

24 FPS is enough (maybe not good as you want lol)
30 FPS is good (smooth as we wait)
45 FPS is very good (excellent)

I bet you have problems with scrolling especially in the internet browser. I encounter too.

Leonveerman

Feb 11, 2014
40 - 50 FPS ? really ? In my opinion your eyes can't realize 24 FPS above if you are NOT playing Battlefield 3. :)

I bet you have problems with scrolling especially in the internet browser. I encounter too.

Well 40-50 fps is what I think. If I'm playing games I certainly can see the difference between 60 fps and 50 fps. The problem occurs everywhere but is most noticable in scrolling and as you said when scrolling in a browser.

K

King ov Hell

Well 40-50 fps is what I think. If I'm playing games I certainly can see the difference between 60 fps and 50 fps. The problem occurs everywhere but is most noticable in scrolling and as you said when scrolling in a browser.

All I can say is "I know I too" :) but you can perform some basic things. If you're using stock sam ROM you can install CoCore Kernel and you can delete unnecesary system apps. If you're using CM you can disable reporting, touchbooster, some debug stuff on kernel.

Leonveerman

Feb 11, 2014
All I can say is "I know I too" :) but you can perform some basic things. If you're using stock sam ROM you can install CoCore Kernel and you can delete unnecesary system apps. If you're using CM you can disable reporting, touchbooster, some debug stuff on kernel.

Hmm, well I'm using CM but somehow I can't install CoCore kernel on CM11 because I get in a bootloop if I do. :( About the Disable Reporting and Touchbooster, I don't know how I can set or change these things, how do I do that?:silly:

shut_down

Sep 26, 2010
Belgrade
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
I know you can't compare the SGS Advance with the S 2 but It's only the lag/low framerate, I don't get why it is not running smooth. Apps start up just as fast as on the S 2.

On CMs we have problem with tearing screens while scrolling or similar actions. I guess it is because we do not have stock 4.2.2+ firmwares, so devs did some modifications from 4.1 or something. They will explain you better. But they will fix it if it is possible.