ADB and Sideloading 18.11

Search This thread

GiGoVX

Jan 11, 2014
I'm really struggling here, I followed all the steps but still can't get adb to work.

I have tried the modified drivers but no luck either, I know adb is working just fine as it shows up my S4 when I plug it in (using same port and cable)

What am I doing wrong?

Help before I start smashing my Glass!

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
Can you be more specific? What exactly isn't working? What OS are you running? Have you enabled debugging in your Glass settings?

GiGoVX

Jan 11, 2014
Can you be more specific? What exactly isn't working? What OS are you running? Have you enabled debugging in your Glass settings?

Sorry yes,

I connect Glass to my Windows 7 machine via original cable, with USB debug enabled, I go to CMD type in ADB Devices and morning gets listed.

If I plug in my S4 using the same port and cable the S4 shows up under ADB.

I have tried using the standard drivers and the modified version but both give me the same result.

GiGoVX

Jan 11, 2014

Yes sorry,

I plug in Glass using original cable with USB debug enabled. CMD to directory and type in Adb Device and nothing shows up. If I plug in my S4 and do the same or shows that up. I have tried the modified drivers and the original drivers but no luck.

Would it make a difference it being a UK Glass? Can't see there being a different firmware build for it?

jtxdriggers

Jul 7, 2010
Yes sorry,

I plug in Glass using original cable with USB debug enabled. CMD to directory and type in Adb Device and nothing shows up. If I plug in my S4 and do the same or shows that up. I have tried the modified drivers and the original drivers but no luck.

Would it make a difference it being a UK Glass? Can't see there being a different firmware build for it?

The only alternate builds I know of are the "try before you buy" models which only allow charging via USB. But the UK version shouldn't be any different from the US version to my knowledge. Perhaps try with an Ubuntu live CD or something, Windows is certainly not my area of expertise.

GiGoVX

Jan 11, 2014
Got it working but only on the other halfs Win8 laptop, wonder how long it will be until she gets fed up with me borrowing it lol

alantsay

Jul 6, 2010
Just reporting my experience here. Recently got hands on the GLASS and for the longest time couldn't get the adb driver working.
Then finally followed the modified android_winusb.inf trick with the following:

%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_9001&REV_0216&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_18D1&PID_9001&MI_01

Problem was, the hardware IDs seen by my working computer is somehow wrong, plugged into a different laptop somehow brings up a different hardware ID, which shows up that extra MI_01 in both places (and works for both computer)

Cheers