Possible Unrooting?

Search This thread

Vic098

Aug 23, 2014
I'm a newly rooted user. I have never rooted a device before. I decided to root my G3 D850 to remove bloatware and to install the G3 Tweaksbox.
In addition, I've added a copule of modules to the Xposed framework and downloaded Adaway. So far all is well. But, upon further research, asking questions etc, I realized I needed a few more apps to complement the root.

I have also downloaded, (in addition to SuperSu and Titanium Backup)
Busybox
Better Battery Stats
Online Nandroid Backup
Nandroid Manager
CatLog

I'm a casual user who doesn't have much of an understanding of code, programing, & development.

I'm not sure what Busybox does, or if I truely need it.
Better Battery is OK.
Nandroid Backup is not working properly, the backups are not appearing in the Nandroid Manager.
CatLog has come in useful to report a bug to the developer of the Tweakbox.

Why I am considering unrooting my phone, Battery life.
My G3 battery life was out of this world before I rooted. Now, it is not so hot.
The only culprit according to the BBS is an Audioln Wakelock caused by the Google Hotword detection, but honestly, I have always had the hotword detection turned on and haven't had battery issues before the root.

The only thing I am really interested in, is removing bloatware, and customizing the phone slightly using Xposed Framework Modules and the G3 Tweaksbox. I am not installing custom ROM's or anything like that.
Do I NEED the above mention apps? If so, could someone expalin in laymans terms why? Also, any idea's on the battery drain?

I love the xposed framework and the tweaksbox, but if the battery drain continues I may unroot my phone.
Thanks for any feedback.

Adaho0

Jan 13, 2008
If you want to be aware of what you do, this forum has the answers to all your questions. Just look for it.
If someone you explain it, forget it. If you search it, this knowledge will remain you forever. The premise xda-developers forum was for people who want to develop their knowledge.

truckroot

Jan 16, 2011
Westlake
Do not delete Busybox! It is needed for root and root apps.

Root access should not have any effect on battery unless you have a root app causing wakelocks.

Sent from my LG-F400S