Radiocomm with cyanogen hotspot hack

Search This thread

Xb0i

Dec 3, 2011
Does anyone know if you can do the radicomm hotspot hack in cyanogen.
Radiocomm doesnt detect the phone well and computer kicks back driver installation error for "MTP usb driver"
Can anyone shed light on getting the TBH hack to work with droid x2.
Using stock blur I was able to hotspot without issues. Once I upgraded to cyanogen and used stock hotspot it keeps comming to a page pressing me to pay for hotspot services.

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
I talked to Dragonkiller a few days ago and he said you have to do the Radiocomm hack BEFORE flashing Cyangenmod and every time after an SBF. Btw what version of Radiocomm do you have?

dragonkiller.png

Xb0i

Dec 3, 2011
version 11.11.11
ok if thats the case whats the best route to go back to stock blur android to apply hack and back to cyanogen with everything intact (im assuming do a nand)

btw I have my droid flashed to cricket wireless. will an sbf wipe my flash to another carrier. if the sbf erases the radio edits im assuming it will. can i go back to stock without an sbf? I have some nandroid from motos stock blur setup can i restore those in clockwork change the settings and then procede to flash cyanogen from scratch. then restore nand backup

Last edited:

CarlosBattousai

Oct 11, 2011
Nyc
version 11.11.11
ok if thats the case whats the best route to go back to stock blur android to apply hack and back to cyanogen with everything intact (im assuming do a nand)

btw I have my droid flashed to cricket wireless. will an sbf wipe my flash to another carrier. if the sbf erases the radio edits im assuming it will. can i go back to stock without an sbf? I have some nandroid from motos stock blur setup can i restore those in clockwork change the settings and then procede to flash cyanogen from scratch. then restore nand backup

I'm not sure since I've never flashed any device to work on another network,but I'd assume an SBF(Since the only sbf I know of has Verizon in the title) would set you back on Verizon's network.

Please be aware that I'm NOT 100% sure about this,but

I'm guessing the cricket wireless flash just edits the radio number in 8040 to a number that work for their network. So if you nand back to a stock 2.3.4 that works on cricket wireless then edit 8041,8042 and 8043 then proceed to flash CM7 it should work.

I'd do some more research online and/or wait till more experienced members view this thread.

If you can't find any info/help and choose to try the nand thing well it's a good thing you have backup just in case!!!!

Xb0i

Dec 3, 2011
got it back to stock. oddly enough all string 8040- 8043 are already the same? But tether gets picked up if I set up a hot spot? Anyone shed some light