Jan 29, 2009
Android is getting Instagram "soon".

Windows Phone?

OsPBb.png

Damn :p

Reactions: DZuman

disolitude

Jan 12, 2011
As someone who has not used Instagram and has no in depth knowledge about I am unable to see why this is so popular.

What is the appeal of this software? Are the filters amazing? Is picture sharing really easy? Instagram social network the place to be?

As a windows phone user I can easily take pictures and apply filters using somethng like pictures lab app, and upload to facebook or twitter.

Would anyone care to explain to me what aspect of Instagram makes it such a hot app?

shardnet

Mar 31, 2012
As someone who has not used Instagram and has no in depth knowledge about I am unable to see why this is so popular.

What is the appeal of this software? Are the filters amazing? Is picture sharing really easy? Instagram social network the place to be?

As a windows phone user I can easily take pictures and apply filters using somethng like pictures lab app, and upload to facebook or twitter.

Would anyone care to explain to me what aspect of Instagram makes it such a hot app?

As it usually is, it's not the filters in the software or how powerful it is, but how big the community surrounding it is.

Instagram has a massive community and therein lies the appeal.

You see similar phenoma very often. Even if you have a superior product, if you don't have the userbase you won't beat the inferior one as long as there's a social aspect.

disolitude

Jan 12, 2011
As it usually is, it's not the filters in the software or how powerful it is, but how big the community surrounding it is.

Instagram has a massive community and therein lies the appeal.

You see similar phenoma very often. Even if you have a superior product, if you don't have the userbase you won't beat the inferior one as long as there's a social aspect.

Gotcha. Makes sense...

In that case this app really is a non event for me. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't spend too much money trying to convince these flavor of the week social networks to make WP7 apps.

mohib.sheth

Sep 4, 2011
www.mohibsheth.com
Though these apps do no good after a few initial usages, but they go a long way in helping people make decisions. People would be more willing to buy Windows Phone if they get these apps on here too (though there are many alternatives available)

drupad2drupad

Apr 11, 2010
Now that Microsoft might have 1.6% share of Instagram one would think it can have a Windows Phone app at least if not an integration in the OS!

Sent from my TITAN X310e using Board Express

Reactions: anseio

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
Now that Microsoft might have 1.6% share of Instagram one would think it can have a Windows Phone app at least if not an integration in the OS!

Try it out on a supported platform before worrying about why it isn't available on wp.

Its a facebookish photo application, and about as important as counting gum spots on sidewalks.

N8ter

Sep 1, 2010
Try it out on a supported platform before worrying about why it isn't available on wp.

Its a facebookish photo application, and about as important as counting gum spots on sidewalks.

Instagram also has tons of filters. Thats one of the main reasons why so many people use it. It has a ton of good and great filters built into the app. It's better than any other similar app, that's why more people use it than any of the competitors. People were buying iPhones just because apps like Instagram aren't available on competing platforms.

Microsoft's 1.6% stake in Facebook didn't force Facebook to create an Official WP7 Facebook or Facebook Messages app. Why would it change for Instagram. Instagram is even harder because like G+ it doesn't have a public API (Facebook and Twitter do).

Not saying they wouldn't cut a deal, just saying that 1.6% stake is not going to be the backbone or reason for such a deal...

Most WP7 devices don't have cameras good enough to do Instagram justice anyways. I'm willing to bet part of the reason they waited so long to go to Android is because the OEMs there only somewhat recently really started putting a big emphasis on camera quality - something Apple has been doing since the 3GS.

The Titan II has a better camera than the Lumia devices (not just in MP, but in output as well), so no NOkia won't be some mystical reason for them to port it over), and since Facebook owns them now it won't be as easy to pay them off to port it.

lamborg

Feb 13, 2009
welovemj.co.cc
Instagram also has tons of filters. Thats one of the main reasons why so many people use it. It has a ton of good and great filters built into the app. It's better than any other similar app, that's why more people use it than any of the competitors.

First Instagram is so popular because of its social feature. There are many apps who many more and better filters than instagram, this doesn't even come near.

People were buying iPhones just because apps like Instagram aren't available on competing platforms.
You cannot be more wrong here.

chicagolive

Jul 13, 2011
Heidelberg, Germany
If you are desperate for a Instagram like app in WP you can get InstaCam, it is even able to connect with the instagram network allowing you to comment and be "social" all you want.

Last edited:

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
Instagram also has tons of filters. Thats one of the main reasons why so many people use it. It has a ton of good and great filters built into the app. It's better than any other similar app, that's why more people use it than any of the competitors. People were buying iPhones just because apps like Instagram aren't available on competing platforms.

Microsoft's 1.6% stake in Facebook didn't force Facebook to create an Official WP7 Facebook or Facebook Messages app. Why would it change for Instagram. Instagram is even harder because like G+ it doesn't have a public API (Facebook and Twitter do).

Not saying they wouldn't cut a deal, just saying that 1.6% stake is not going to be the backbone or reason for such a deal...

Most WP7 devices don't have cameras good enough to do Instagram justice anyways. I'm willing to bet part of the reason they waited so long to go to Android is because the OEMs there only somewhat recently really started putting a big emphasis on camera quality - something Apple has been doing since the 3GS.

The Titan II has a better camera than the Lumia devices (not just in MP, but in output as well), so no NOkia won't be some mystical reason for them to port it over), and since Facebook owns them now it won't be as easy to pay them off to port it.

My only argument is that people download instagram because their friend /friends "liked" it on facebook. I can't recall anyone making a fuss about filters in the past.

pLUSpISTOL

Jan 29, 2009
Yep I'm using InstaCam and liking photos etc but I'd still like to share my own photos. I don't understand why everyone is so uptight about it, I'd just like WP7 to be up there alongside Android and iOS and for that to happen you need their most in demand apps. I understand we won't all use them, there may be alternatives or they're downright fads or silly BUT the sheep on the street, not XDA users, love popular apps and if they see something they like isn't on WinPho well, that may just rule them out of buying one.
I'm not too fussed about the filter thing but I don't use Flickr, I feel that's a bit pro for me lol, I'm not interested in wading through people's albums on FB or the ****e on Twitter so Instagram kinda looked interesting to me. Follow a few friends or randoms who take cool pictures and share a few yourself, bit of fun - why not :)

ohgood

Aug 8, 2009
Birmingham
Yep I'm using InstaCam and liking photos etc but I'd still like to share my own photos. I don't understand why everyone is so uptight about it, I'd just like WP7 to be up there alongside Android and iOS and for that to happen you need their most in demand apps. I understand we won't all use them, there may be alternatives or they're downright fads or silly BUT the sheep on the street, not XDA users, love popular apps and if they see something they like isn't on WinPho well, that may just rule them out of buying one.
I'm not too fussed about the filter thing but I don't use Flickr, I feel that's a bit pro for me lol, I'm not interested in wading through people's albums on FB or the ****e on Twitter so Instagram kinda looked interesting to me. Follow a few friends or randoms who take cool pictures and share a few yourself, bit of fun - why not :)

what surprises me is the immediate value assigned (assumed?) an application has. facebook paid a billion for it, no doubt to datamine and resell to whomever is the highest bidder.... your information.

doesn't really matter to me. there have been hosting/sharing servers for a long time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android is getting Instagram "soon".

Windows Phone?

OsPBb.png

Damn :p

I think that Instagram is one of the most overrated apps ever, just because i "fashion".

So we have a lot of similar apps in the marketplace, wich do the same exact work and in most cases they do better.

One for all? Thumba photo editor.

Ok it hasn't god a dedicated social network, but as 90% of Instagram users just upload their pictures on facebook/twitter the problem doesn't exist.

If you're still concerned, try this: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/acad1eed-3149-4b6c-bc4b-8567f409e3e0
    I like instagram and I miss it on my lumia.

I work as creative director and I'm playing with a concept of Instagram for Windows Phone just 4fun. :)

Unfortunately I can't post links here, but if you want to check it out, go to dribbble and search for my name "said wafiq"
    I'm not fan of Instagram. If I want make some cool photos I use Picture Lab app. It does same as Instagram. And than share if I wish. I don't want to be visable everywere.