[ROM][KitKat][ARC/ARC S] Unofficial HellKat-4.4.2 (Betaa #1)

Search This thread

vishal_android freak

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Mumbai
<< HellKat for Arc/Arc S >>

9vjxhs.jpg

104qo7m.jpg

Android 4.4+ KitKat ROM built from CyanogenMod v11.0 source with lots of custom additions

The credit for the idea behind this project goes to DerTeufel1980, with additions from ThdDude, ad Cl3kener compiled using the Linaro-4.8.2 Toolchain for a super optimized build. Lots of tweaks under the hood for snappy response, great battery life, and the ultimate in customability. Over the next few weeks the ROM will evolve and lots of additions will be made. I plan on updating and maintaining this project so expect good things, as the ones of you who know me, know I'm all about getting you what you want...I hope you will join me on this journey to hell....

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you and tell jokes about how smart you are. Collectively, and at the same time while trying not to choke on my sarcasim."

Features

CM-11.0 Base with Linaro Optimizations
Quick Settings Pull down, fully configurable
Lockscreen Widgets
5 Target Lockscreen Shortcuts
Transparent Notifications
HALO
Listview Animations
Screen Recorder
Trebuchet is BACKKKKK!
18 Init.d Scripts from Beanstalk
Expandable Desktop
Customizable Power Widget
LCD Density Changer
Build Prop Mods
Screen-On Notification Light
Tablet Mods/Dual Pan Preferences
Customizable Button Layout
NavBar Options
Customizable Battery Icon
Expandable Desktop
Tap & Pay
Much more to come!!!!

Installation Instructions

1. Download ROM
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!
4. You need a full wipe.
5. Flash the ROM
6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
7. Reboot
8. Let it sit a while.
9. Reboot, setup and enjoy HellKat!

Download

Kernel and Rom Sources:

Credits:

Mikeioannina
DerTeufel1980<
thdDude,
CyanogenMod Team,
Team Chopsticks,
ParanoidAndroid,
Cl3Kener,
Google,
your mama,
XDA,
Myself,
everyone involved,
Anyone I forgot.
Thanks

XDA:DevDB Information
HellKat, a ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Contributors
vishal_android freak
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: 4.1.B.0.587
Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-01-18
Last Updated 2014-01-26

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-18-06-29-40.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-06-29-40.png
    168 KB · Views: 315
  • Screenshot_2014-01-18-06-31-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-06-31-13.png
    51.4 KB · Views: 314
  • Screenshot_2014-01-18-06-32-12.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-06-32-12.png
    64.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Screenshot_2014-01-18-06-33-13.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-18-06-33-13.png
    48.4 KB · Views: 314

irefutabil

first of all, thank you for your great work, Vishal but what brings new this KK Rom. We have now AORP, CARBON, OMNI. why don't make better this rom's and you want start this project! just my 2 cents :)

Sent from my Xperia Arc S using xda app-developers app

vishal_android freak

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Mumbai
first of all, thank you for your great work, Vishal but what brings new this KK Rom. We have now AORP, CARBON, OMNI. why don't make better this rom's and you want start this project! just my 2 cents :)

No rom can be made perfect in a single build.. And hence nightlies concept exist.. When one rom's nightly is out, i work on the other project.. Updates come only when decent and worth updating changes are merged.. So if i work on a single rom, once i build a nightly, i have no work as i cannot keep compiling everyday for single changed merged.. Just trying to give you guys the taste of those roms which are not common and famous in other forums like galaxy notes, nexus, s2,s3 etc.. :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

smokerman

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8

must agree..:)

No rom can be made perfect in a single build.. And hence nightlies concept exist.. When one rom's nightly is out, i work on the other project.. Updates come only when decent and worth updating changes are merged.. So if i work on a single rom, once i build a nightly, i have no work as i cannot keep compiling everyday for single changed merged.. Just trying to give you guys the taste of those roms which are not common and famous in other forums like galaxy notes, nexus, s2,s3 etc.. :)

altough i agree with you for new roms,after 4 or 5 kitkat roms maybe users choose 2 or 3 to keep working..no sense on having 10 kitkat roms..i think AORP and CARBON rom are hard to beat..but we never know..:)

good work my friend.

carper84

May 1, 2011
Why can't we have 10 Kk roms? This alpha build works very well for me! Its so fluid!

Dr.SAM88

Sep 23, 2012
Rome
I actually like the PolygonKK 1.2 quite a lot.... I used to have AORP beta and found PolygonKK to be better.

Is AORP 1.2 really such an improvement?
Never installed Carbon since its still a beta....and decided to go back to ICS since i use HDMI a lot for movies and other things.

With Android Tweaker 2 i managed to tweak the kitkat roms quite a bit.....Love that app.

Does anybody know if it will ever be possible that sony will release HDMI sources for kitkat?
Kitkat is a light version ideal fo our ARC S.

If not, would it be possible to create a compatible virtual machine running the stock ICS version of HDMI on 4.4?

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
Why can't we have 10 Kk roms? This alpha build works very well for me! Its so fluid!

we can..for me problem is releasing many roms with same bugs,same base rom and almost same performance..kernel more stable and fast for kitkat roms (arcS)is still 11DarkAnzu20140112.:good:

so what im saying is that i prefer 3 or 4 stable and super 4.4 kitkat roms,than 10 unstable roms and buggy..so far the released roms are pretty stable..so we are lucky..but they are similar if you tested..i ve tested:

1. polygon kk
  2. carbon
  3. AORP
  4. cm11LX
  5. Omni

best so far for me CARBON, AORP and new Polygon kk 1.2 with aroma installer and good options..so 3 top kitkat roms (beta versions still).:)

gonna give this a try also this days if i have time..a new 3xx kernel or a optimized one it was a good idea too..surely it will improve all kitkat roms.;)

Reactions: DomusX10

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
I'm on Carbon, and is so good for me: smooth, fluid and customizable like I want.

I don't need tablet UI or expandable desktop...and carbon for me it's the right choice. But this ROM "features" it's very intersting...

I'll wait for screenshots (for view features like UI, and customization/ performances etc..) and changelog of it.

I'll also say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to vishal...vishal spent a lot of his time on these projects, that are all goods in their ways..it's only an user choice which choose.

I'm on Carbon and wait for Carbon next release, with latest cm11 and more...but I'm tempted so much by this ROM... :highfive:

pablopablo

May 4, 2012
great rom port vishal. everything works great, very customizable ui and interesting tweaks setup...

screen recorder fc's... i'm not able to make this app work changing video resolution... has anyone tried it?

i'd like to suggest AOSB Project (ProBAM ROM) from s3 forum, as a new rom port... just think about it

Last edited:

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
i ve tested this rom..and its working great..video review on the way.

it seems better than other kitkat roms...very customizable,many options,many tweaks inside rom (user friendly)..amazing job on this..for a alpha version..WOW.:eek:

:good::good::good:

ps:just one note..it would be awsome a light blue version.:silly:

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
i ve tested this rom..and its working great..video review on the way.

it seems better than other kitkat roms...very customizable,many options,many tweaks inside rom (user friendly)..amazing job on this..for a alpha version..WOW.:eek:

:good::good::good:

ps:just one note..it would be awsome a light blue version.:silly:

why? There is a color predominant on the ROM? I don't see screenshots...

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
you can use google to see hellkat screenshots. this rom is not xperia arc exclusive.... the predominant colour is red

if you want to know how it is, about included tweaks, customizing menu, ui, etc... just flash and try the rom :good:

I've searched before, now more accurately I've found some screenshots..it isn't for me...too red . Never mind. Thanks for your attention.

Reactions: petros11

smokerman

Feb 15, 2012
Esposende
smokermanxda.blogspot.pt
OnePlus 8
@vishal_android freak feel free to add it on 1 post if you want.;) amazing work as always my friend..im amazed with this rom.
screenshots:http://blueangelman.blogspot.pt/

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

I've searched before, now more accurately I've found some screenshots..it isn't for me...too red . Never mind. Thanks for your attention.

too red for me also..but trust me..its awsome rom..see video review..its alpha but until now 1 day usage and no major bugs..great battery life,super customizable,user friendly,usb mount working..i didnt see this many options on any kitkat rom for arcS..:eek: i m sure some themer can do a blue version..that would be awsome.:D

Last edited:

DomusX10

Feb 16, 2011
Rome
OnePlus 8 Pro
too red for me also..but trust me..its awsome rom..see video review..its alpha but until now 1 day usage and no major bugs..great battery life,super customizable,user friendly..i didnt see this many options on any kitkat rom for arcS..:eek: i m sure some themer can do a blue version..that would be awsome.:D

Sorry, "I'm limited to 8 thanks per day" now but THANK YOU VERY MUCH for video review..Nice to see ROM UI and colors...as soon as I can, push the thanks button for you. Thanks!!:good:

Reactions: petros11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    << HellKat for Arc/Arc S >>

9vjxhs.jpg

104qo7m.jpg

Android 4.4+ KitKat ROM built from CyanogenMod v11.0 source with lots of custom additions

The credit for the idea behind this project goes to DerTeufel1980, with additions from ThdDude, ad Cl3kener compiled using the Linaro-4.8.2 Toolchain for a super optimized build. Lots of tweaks under the hood for snappy response, great battery life, and the ultimate in customability. Over the next few weeks the ROM will evolve and lots of additions will be made. I plan on updating and maintaining this project so expect good things, as the ones of you who know me, know I'm all about getting you what you want...I hope you will join me on this journey to hell....

Disclaimer

Your warranty is now void. I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you and tell jokes about how smart you are. Collectively, and at the same time while trying not to choke on my sarcasim."

Features

CM-11.0 Base with Linaro Optimizations
    Quick Settings Pull down, fully configurable
    Lockscreen Widgets
    5 Target Lockscreen Shortcuts
    Transparent Notifications
    HALO
    Listview Animations
    Screen Recorder
    Trebuchet is BACKKKKK!
    18 Init.d Scripts from Beanstalk
    Expandable Desktop
    Customizable Power Widget
    LCD Density Changer
    Build Prop Mods
    Screen-On Notification Light
    Tablet Mods/Dual Pan Preferences
    Customizable Button Layout
    NavBar Options
    Customizable Battery Icon
    Expandable Desktop
    Tap & Pay
    Much more to come!!!!

Installation Instructions

1. Download ROM
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Please back up your ROM before you begin!
    4. You need a full wipe.
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Flash 4.4 Gapps
    7. Reboot
    8. Let it sit a while.
    9. Reboot, setup and enjoy HellKat!

Download

Kernel and Rom Sources:

Credits:

Mikeioannina
    DerTeufel1980<
    thdDude,
    CyanogenMod Team,
    Team Chopsticks,
    ParanoidAndroid,
    Cl3Kener,
    Google,
    your mama,
    XDA,
    Myself,
    everyone involved,
    Anyone I forgot.
    Thanks

XDA:DevDB Information
    HellKat, a ROM for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc

Contributors
    vishal_android freak
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: 4.1.B.0.587
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information

Created 2014-01-18
    Last Updated 2014-01-26

Beta #1 :
    Minor bug fixes.
    Upto date with latest Hellkat sources
    @vishal_android freak feel free to add it on 1 post if you want.;) amazing work as always my friend..im amazed with this rom.
    screenshots:http://blueangelman.blogspot.pt/

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

too red for me also..but trust me..its awsome rom..see video review..its alpha but until now 1 day usage and no major bugs..great battery life,super customizable,user friendly,usb mount working..i didnt see this many options on any kitkat rom for arcS..:eek: i m sure some themer can do a blue version..that would be awsome.:D
    Reserved

Beta #1 :
    Minor bug fixes.
    Upto date with latest Hellkat sources

Old changelogs
    Initial release