Flashing problem No OS

Search This thread

adrianh85

Aug 25, 2008
Washington D.C
www.twitter.com
It has been a long while since I felt the need to flash a rom but today i decided to update to current. Made a huge mistake and formatted the sd card and wiped the os and Rom install files. Right now i can access fastboot, Hboot, and recovery. But for some reason USB doesnt work in recovery. with no OS to boot my device just sits at the Htc factory white screen. I have not been able to find one way to adb into my device to"push " the needed OS zip. Also have tried to flash a factory RUU but no adb access. Can someone help me out of this problem?

sabres032

Nov 26, 2012
Kendall
It has been a long while since I felt the need to flash a rom but today i decided to update to current. Made a huge mistake and formatted the sd card and wiped the os and Rom install files. Right now i can access fastboot, Hboot, and recovery. But for some reason USB doesnt work in recovery. with no OS to boot my device just sits at the Htc factory white screen. I have not been able to find one way to adb into my device to"push " the needed OS zip. Also have tried to flash a factory RUU but no adb access. Can someone help me out of this problem?

Are you able to issue fastboot commands? If so try fastboot reboot recovery and see if adb is then recognized.

SeñorWu

May 22, 2014
I recommend you to check if HTC has some recovery utilities. Exactly the same thing happened to me months ago with an Xperia SP, but recovery didn't work either, not to mention adb nor usb ; my computer didn't recognise the device at all. At the end I found a Sony program that made me manually choose my phone and region, made the phone recognizable for the program, and flashed full stock. HTC should have something similar.