Android Wear: Discussion [OPEN TO ALL]

Which brand do you expect to release the first Android Wear ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Notifications, always a white box with black text?
Hope they can be customized, would like a transparent notification box.

dedesuper

May 28, 2013
Android Wear

Hi Everyone
What do you think so far of Android Wear smartwatches and what they miss ??
Design, Features etc.... ??!!

jscsltd

Aug 1, 2005
melton mowbray
Hi Everyone
What do you think so far of Android Wear smartwatches and what they miss ??
Design, Features etc.... ??!!

I've had my G Watch two days now.
I'm not totally sure about the card interface myself. It's awkward to navigate to and you don't really feel in full control, especially if you swipe to remove a card accidentally. A swipe remove undo, just like in Gmail would be good.
Navigation to an app is awkward if you don't want to speak your watch. There should be an alternative way to do things rather than primarily through speech.....I mean, you can't start talking to your watch in a meeting, say and your going to get very odd looks in anywhere public if you talk to your watch.
I think it's very early days and Google are still finding their way on the interface.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: dedesuper

sauliiin

Jan 12, 2011
Belo Horizonte
I've had my G Watch two days now.
I'm not totally sure about the card interface myself. It's awkward to navigate to and you don't really feel in full control, especially if you swipe to remove a card accidentally. A swipe remove undo, just like in Gmail would be good.
Navigation to an app is awkward if you don't want to speak your watch. There should be an alternative way to do things rather than primarily through speech.....I mean, you can't start talking to your watch in a meeting, say and your going to get very odd looks in anywhere public if you talk to your watch.
I think it's very early days and Google are still finding their way on the interface.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Free mobile app

I'm not sure about android wear! It seems like a extension of google now, which I never liked and deactivated it on my phone!

I'm anxious to buy a smartwatch, but not convinced so far... To be honest, I think I like gear 2 the most... Tizen seems better than android wear for my use... Although, S-voice really suck

Elarion

Sep 23, 2013
Same here, so far I can't think of enough features that would help me in my all-day work.
Especially as the cell is always in my pocket and can pretty much do anything that the clock can.

gingerdude

Apr 23, 2012
Actually s voice on the gear watches is superb, super accurate dictating a text message or setting reminder or alarms etc.

sauliiin

Jan 12, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Actually s voice on the gear watches is superb, super accurate dictating a text message or setting reminder or alarms etc.

Nice to know!

Lets see if samsung will keep tizen on gear 3 and if it going to evolute even more!

Tels home the same for android wear, beacause when the gear 1 was using android, the devs were able to do a lot of good stugg with the OS

rockmeister

May 22, 2014
Allen, TX
Little off topic but definitely related to Android wear.

Which watch and golf app combo works the best (I know Golfshot release an android wear.. any others?)
Thanks
Rockmeister

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google has officially announced that it plans to extend Android to other wearable devices beyond Google Glass, and it’s starting with smart watches.

Screen-shot-2014-03-19-at-07.58.59.png

Motorola has already announced their Android smartwatch, the Moto 360, which the company says will launch this summer.

moto360_macro_alt1_with-text.jpg

A site to sign up for the developer preview of the platform is now live. The preview promises to allow devs to run Android Wear in an emulator and connect it to a device to see how Google-based “cards” like those in Google Now will look on the platform.

The UI overview on the developer site, cards take up the entire screen real estate on a watch, and vertical swipes move between cards, while side-to-side swipes bring up more information. Tap-able buttons may also appear on the cards to take further action on a notification.

Saying “OK, Google” or clicking on a “g” on the screen opens a menu screen called a “cue card” with a list actions like “take a note,” “send a message,” “set an alarm,” or “call a cab.”

Mountain View does say that Google gear for your wrist is in the works :

"We’re also already working with several consumer electronics manufacturers, including Asus, HTC , LG, Motorola and Samsung; chip makers Broadcom BRCM , Imagination, Intel, Mediatek and Qualcomm; and fashion brands like the Fossil Group to bring you watches powered by Android Wear later this year."

Here's the Android launcher for trying it on your device : Download Link

Instructions :
    • Install as normal APK
    • Launch the app while having pending notifications to see it's real use
    Screenshots :
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

Probably a dumb question, but I'm wondering if the watch will require "Google now" to be turned on on the phone. Or it it will run it independent of the phone and just use Bluetooth to sync back and forth.

I am not sure, but I would guess that you would need it in the phone for it to work. G hats how my sony smartwatch works, the data comes from the phone and the watch just "pulls" it.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
    Moto+Android Wear=love ;)
    Anyone have Gear 2 or something similar?
    I have Omate TS but I'm not using it, why?

Mostly because there are no app (stock) that will monitor your wrist movement and turn on the screen when you want to see what's the time.

There is shake app on playstore and even it's quite good - that's no it...

My question would be - what's the situation on other watches?

I know this question doesn't belong here but it would be ridiculous to open threads on each watch section just to ask this

Tnx guys...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
    Anyone have Gear 2 or something similar?
    I have Omate TS but I'm not using it, why?

Mostly because there are no app (stock) that will monitor your wrist movement and turn on the screen when you want to see what's the time.

There is shake app on playstore and even it's quite good - that's no it...

My question would be - what's the situation on other watches?

I know this question doesn't belong here but it would be ridiculous to open threads on each watch section just to ask this

Tnx guys...

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

All Gear Watches do this, Gear, Gear 2, Gear Neo..... even the Pebble
    You are right wrong question for this thread.

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

I think I am a little turned off by the LG, looks like it does not have a heart rate sensor.
    Wonder if the Motorola watch will miss this important sensor too?

May have to wait for second generation Android Wear devices, I want sensors to monitor my health.