Sprint updated firmware...what's the hold up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

govtcheez

Nov 12, 2007
It seems like almost every other variant of the S5 has now been updated to 4.4.4. Verizon has actually even updated their 4.4.4 with a newer patch. So, what's the hold up with Sprint? I love locking my phone with the finger print scanner, but it takes several swipes to unlock it most of the time. I understand that's fixed. Bluetooth audio is also barely usable as it's so choppy. I hear that's also been fixed. What's taking them so long to release the update?

evo3d6

May 29, 2012
Orlando,Fl
Samsung Galaxy Note 20
Every carrier is diffrent if you notice theres things in the Verizon update that we have now. Ive only seen the Verizon update for the s5 and international. Im actually glad there taking there time maybe theyll get it right on the first go maybe theres a reason Verizon already got a patched update could be because they rushed it out.... I see alot of people complaining that they have to wait for a update and then when the update hits they complain that it has bugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ferenczy68

govtcheez

Nov 12, 2007
Why does this matter? 4.4.4 is a minor update with no new must have features that I am aware of. If I was a developer I would skip it. Android L will be out soon enough.

http://www.gsmarena.com/galaxy_s5_and_note_4_might_get_android_l_by_early_december-news-9691.php

I think I mentioned why it matters to me. It might not to others. I would like to have a better, more usable finger print scanner and non-skipping music through bluetooth for my car, speaker and earphones.

I don't care how that's delivered, but it looks like the new update fixes those issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is not a question that can be answered here. It is like asking for an ETA.

Only Sprint technicians in charge of OTAs would even have an inkling of an idea when an OTA may be coming.

The best thread to keep an eye on and discuss changes is this one

Thanks
    FNSM
    Every carrier is diffrent if you notice theres things in the Verizon update that we have now. Ive only seen the Verizon update for the s5 and international. Im actually glad there taking there time maybe theyll get it right on the first go maybe theres a reason Verizon already got a patched update could be because they rushed it out.... I see alot of people complaining that they have to wait for a update and then when the update hits they complain that it has bugs.