For those who complain about battery on gnex

Search This thread

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
Im on official 4.0.4 IMM76D yakju rooted with radios xxkl1 no lag on lock screen, no signal lost on iddle, cpu Set to 350 on min and this its my battery after several hours

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

msedek

Apr 3, 2012
Santiago de chile
Dont know whats wrong the screenshot is not uploading at the moment.. will try later but the battery after 6 hours its down to 95% only

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1334266466868.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1334266466868.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:

Deekayy

Jan 29, 2010
I want to complain about the majority of the gnex users here want to create a new thread and say "HAY LOOK AT ME AND READ MY THREAD CAUSE I DONT SEARCH". k bye.

kvizz

May 19, 2009
I've gotten around 16hrs, with 3hrs of screen time.

wifi on gps on auto sync on

brightness 100%

i'd say it's pretty good.

stock 4.0.4 yakju rooted.

G

GuestK0097

that's typical standby drain, but how many hours of ON SCREEN time are you getting? 6 or 7 hours like an iPhone or 3h like the rest of us?

i got once 9 hours :p.....but i was reading kindle ebooks with inverted pages (white text, black background)
so batterylife is not that bad :D

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
i got once 9 hours :p.....but i was reading kindle ebooks with inverted pages (white text, black background)
so batterylife is not that bad :D

But that's not "typical use". When apple rates their battery life, it's using perimeters which would be similar to what the average consumer does with their device. Web browsing, listening to music, etc. Our Galaxy Nexus phones don't even compare with the Iphone when it comes to doing things other than reading an inverted ebook. LOL.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
We are all tickled that Apple has certain procedures for testing their batteries and their TINY little screen can go for 6-7 hours. My life is complete knowing this...on an Android forum.

How does Apple judge normal use I wonder? My aunt uses her iphone then puts it away. She certainly doesn't use it for 6-7 hours straight. I guess those people are wealthy and bored, or unemployed.

See, this is what normal people do. They don't count their screen time in hours and minutes. They use their phone, charge it, use their phone, charge it. I haven't had above a 35% charge in three days because I toss it on a charger until I need it and leave. Just like I don't top off my gas tank, I also don't do the same with my phone. I don't know anyone who uses their phone and refuses to charge it until its dead. They charge it when they go to bed, or they do not need it. They see it needs some topping off, they toss it on a car charger, etc. If a phone makes it until you go to bed...who cares if the screen stays on for 2 hours, or 20? If you have a need for 4 hours of screen time a day...consider a hobby. Or a job.

Screenshot_2012-04-13-12-22-31.png

Last edited:

ray3andrei

Feb 28, 2012
uploadfromtaptalk1334350729683.jpg
That's the best I can get, non stop music, not a whole lot of browsing... just music.. and messing around with the phone

Sent from my Samsung GNexus <3

ChongoDroid

Jul 29, 2010
Vancouver
Google Pixel 4
Google Pixel 4 XL
We are all tickled that Apple has certain procedures for testing their batteries and their TINY little screen can go for 6-7 hours. My life is complete knowing this...on an Android forum.

How does Apple judge normal use I wonder? My aunt uses her iphone then puts it away. She certainly doesn't use it for 6-7 hours straight. I guess those people are wealthy and bored, or unemployed.

See, this is what normal people do. They don't count their screen time in hours and minutes. They use their phone, charge it, use their phone, charge it. I haven't had above a 35% charge in three days because I toss it on a charger until I need it and leave. Just like I don't top off my gas tank, I also don't do the same with my phone. I don't know anyone who uses their phone and refuses to charge it until its dead. They charge it when they go to bed, or they do not need it. They see it needs some topping off, they toss it on a car charger, etc. If a phone makes it until you go to bed...who cares if the screen stays on for 2 hours, or 20? If you have a need for 4 hours of screen time a day...consider a hobby. Or a job.

Screenshot_2012-04-13-12-22-31.png

I approve this comment sir

Sent from my francoPhone

EP2008

Jan 2, 2008
Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Bravo. You use your smartphone as a "phone" and have access to outlets all day long. Congratulations. You aren't like some of us.

If you worked as a sales person or had any kind of important job that keeps you moving, you'll have to use your smartphone for more than just calls and a desk clock.

Text messages, company emails, PDF's, office documents, remote desktop, the camera, file management apps, cloud storage apps, the calendar app, the contacts app, the damn weather app! They all need to be used with the screen ON.

Show a little understanding for the rest of the 6,999,999,999 other people on this planet. If someone says they need more than 2 hours on screen time, they probably do. We are all so glad you don't have to worry about this problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Important? Are you one of those peeps that don't know what to do when an elevator or escalator is broken? And get more dumbfounded when you get told where the stairs are? But who am I kidding. I am nobody. Gotta love first world problems.

zippity doo da.

Top Liked Posts