[Q] Need help upgrading from cyanogenmod6.1 to 7.2

Search This thread

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
You have an engineering spl so fastboot should work fine. Soff means the safety checks are gone so all should work once you can get your phone and pc to communicate. You may want to just start over. By this I mean remove adb and all sdk folders and remove all drivers. Redownload all and when you plug in phone for first time you should see 4 drivers starting up and when plugging in while in fastboot first time 2 drivers.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Reactions: ricky_metalhead

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
But this may be too much. If you play around and don't get things going I can help you flash through recovery. I don't recomend this but I can say I buy and sell phones and have rooted and updated many. Including 40 or more g1s, most of the time I do it all in recovery mode and never have I bricked a phone

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=14193280

Actualy here is a guide that can help you with flashing through recovery. This is a well writen guide and are the same files and steps I've done many times, but I do warn there is the potential for a brick but if you read and follow steps the chances are slim that you brick your phone

Jan 22, 2011
Thanks but now I'm scared lol. I should be ok, I have yet to brick anything either. So I suppose I could skip down to Step 3. Upgrading to 2.22.28.25/1.33.0013d?

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Correct, you meet all prerequisites. Put the two files on sd card then flash radio first then spl. Do a full wipe even super wipe (I am big in wipeing) then flash new rom from recovery. Your done. And don't worry I just stress what is best but this will give you the same end and a brick is very unlikely

Jan 22, 2011
SUCCESS! I still have no idea what was wrong with fastboot but thanks to that guide I was able to upgrade the radio and spl and now it says this in fastboot

Dream PVT 32b SHIP S-on
HBOOT 1.33.0013d (drea10000)
CPLD-4
RADIO 2.22.28.25

Now on to installing the rom! Thank you so much!

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
No problem, fastboot -w is the only command that will work now and a super wipe is almost as good. So it isn't all too important to fix fastboot. You have plenty of roms to choose from now! Have fun!

Jan 22, 2011
Now it's on cm7! Thanks again. It's almost a shame I won't have time to play around with it seeing as how I'm shipping it tomorrow morning!

TheShortybro

Mar 18, 2012
Well, I've done my upgrade with recovery too, thanks to demkantor, may put a tut on soon, but I will say that this is only for Engineering/Danger SPL. That's why I joined xda developers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have an engineering spl so fastboot should work fine. Soff means the safety checks are gone so all should work once you can get your phone and pc to communicate. You may want to just start over. By this I mean remove adb and all sdk folders and remove all drivers. Redownload all and when you plug in phone for first time you should see 4 drivers starting up and when plugging in while in fastboot first time 2 drivers.

But this may be too much. If you play around and don't get things going I can help you flash through recovery. I don't recomend this but I can say I buy and sell phones and have rooted and updated many. Including 40 or more g1s, most of the time I do it all in recovery mode and never have I bricked a phone

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=14193280

Actualy here is a guide that can help you with flashing through recovery. This is a well writen guide and are the same files and steps I've done many times, but I do warn there is the potential for a brick but if you read and follow steps the chances are slim that you brick your phone

Correct, you meet all prerequisites. Put the two files on sd card then flash radio first then spl. Do a full wipe even super wipe (I am big in wipeing) then flash new rom from recovery. Your done. And don't worry I just stress what is best but this will give you the same end and a brick is very unlikely

No problem, fastboot -w is the only command that will work now and a super wipe is almost as good. So it isn't all too important to fix fastboot. You have plenty of roms to choose from now! Have fun!