Sprint to announce that they will allow their phones on Boost Mobile now.

Search This thread

jewfish

Oct 21, 2011
Looks like the flashing to boost biz is screwed, but great news for those that want a better line up.

jewfish

Oct 21, 2011
I have some materials that we are shipping out to stores to prove it, pm me if you are interested. Just wanted to spread the word so people dont waste their time flashing their phones to boost.

Febby

May 19, 2010
Well I doubt flashing will bw affected majorly. A lot of people who flash phones don't use phones with a good ESN, they use a bad esn phone. :p

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

nerys71

May 13, 2008
they unofficially allow a lot of phones now but for some reason not all. I REALLY want to add one of those ruggedized kyocera jobbies to my dad's account (he beats the crap out of his hardware :)

jewfish

Oct 21, 2011
Well I doubt flashing will bw affected majorly. A lot of people who flash phones don't use phones with a good ESN, they use a bad esn phone. :p

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yes a lot of them do, however, as an experienced flasher myself, I have flashed more active Sprint handsets than those with bad esns. It is the same reason why we people requesting a service like that has gone down so much. In the several stores I oversee, people use to come in everyday and ask for their phones to be flashed. But, since the Evo Design and Galaxy S2 released, we see maybe 1 person a week.

pauley

May 28, 2010
Hey, is there any chance that they will also let you start using Boost phones on Sprint? Kyocera Rise specifically.

nerys71

May 13, 2008
Here it is

Attachments

• sprint-boost.jpg
    sprint-boost.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 1,075

jewfish

Oct 21, 2011
Awesome, thanks for posting it man, I couldnt get this site to allow me to post pics! Thanks again!

nerys71

May 13, 2008
no problem. you original may have been to large (size limit) so I cropped and enhanced it and resaved (shrinking it)

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
holy crap so phones cira 2009? the samsung prevail, the first android phone boost had was higher specced than the moment or the heroc

nerys71

May 13, 2008
what do you mean 2009? will people be able to activate S2 S3 phones or not ? I know both the S2 and S3 are compatible with boost because I use them BOTH on boost (and boost even sells the S2 now)

jewfish

Oct 21, 2011
So, got more information. They are going to roll it out with 15 current handsets and then progressively migrate the rest of the line up into compatibility with Boost. I am guessing they want to do some kind of soft-rollout to ensure that it goes smoothly. We'll see. As far as the material is concerned, I believe they are going to change the tearpads and window vinyls to reflect more current handsets. As far as specific information on what phones, I havent seen the list yet.

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
what do you mean 2009? will people be able to activate S2 S3 phones or not ? I know both the S2 and S3 are compatible with boost because I use them BOTH on boost (and boost even sells the S2 now)

the flier shows off some old devices, and the tiny text at the bottom says select devices, ergo i dont expect people buying a brand new sgs3 skipping sprint without paying the etf and jumping to boost are gunan be welcomed much.

i never said they could/wouldnt work on there but the advertisement is imply straight out of teh box works and shows phones not many would care to want to use after such a long time.

Top Liked Posts