[Q] Knox-Free Rom and SELinux Question

Search This thread

TaintedSpuds

Jul 15, 2014
TL;DR

If I flash a ROM which is "KNOX Free" (such as ExtremeDebloat Rom by elliwigy), will I be able to set SELinux to Permissive?

Details

Ultimately, I am trying to get my appradio 3 to be able to send touch screen input to my S5 (SM-G900V). I believe the reason I cannot get it to work yet is because SELinux is in Enforcing mode. There is an app called SELinux Mode Changer that allows you to toggle from Enforcing to Permissive by just tapping a button, but from what I have been able to find while researching the issue, it will not work on KNOX-enabled devices such as the Galaxy series. If I use SafeStrap on my rooted device (since the SM-G900V has a locked bootloader), flash a rom without KNOX, and install SELinux Mode Changer, will I be able to set SELinux to Permissive?

I apologize if this has been answered somewhere else on XDA. I searched but was unable to find an answer on here. Honestly, I'm a noob with this stuff so I might have even come across an answer and not recognized it haha.

evilhunter101

Sep 13, 2010
All of West Texas
I'm on a knox free ROM and just tried the selinux app and it didn't work.

Edit: there's a setting in the Wanam xposed module to turn off selinux but that doesn't seem to work either, just fyi.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: TaintedSpuds

TaintedSpuds

Jul 15, 2014
Thanks for the info. It saved me a lot of time trying to test that out myself haha.

So currently no one has found a way to set SELinux to Permissive on the SM-G900V variant of the S5?

PhantomGhost

Dec 31, 2010
Hmm... I'll try this on mine. I did this on the stock rom with Knox disabled, and SELinux installed fine, set to permissive, said it worked...I was just tinkering with trying to get Airwatch to work with root, and needed it in permissive mode to install Rootcloak. I got rootcloak installed and it seemed to be fine with the permissive setting in SELinux, but I never got Airwatch to work, so I just gave up.

Currently I am on SlimHyde, I'll try SELinux on it and see what it says.

EDIT: Well, it doesn't work now, so either I imagined it working, or...I dont know...sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: TaintedSpuds

TaintedSpuds

Jul 15, 2014
Thanks. Yeah the app always says it worked but if i exit and go back in it says it is enforcing again and the status under About Phone never changes.

Also, when Super User is first started, it asks if you want it to try to disable KNOX. I said yes and it said it was successful. What exactly did it do?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm on a knox free ROM and just tried the selinux app and it didn't work.

Edit: there's a setting in the Wanam xposed module to turn off selinux but that doesn't seem to work either, just fyi.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Hmm... I'll try this on mine. I did this on the stock rom with Knox disabled, and SELinux installed fine, set to permissive, said it worked...I was just tinkering with trying to get Airwatch to work with root, and needed it in permissive mode to install Rootcloak. I got rootcloak installed and it seemed to be fine with the permissive setting in SELinux, but I never got Airwatch to work, so I just gave up.

Currently I am on SlimHyde, I'll try SELinux on it and see what it says.

EDIT: Well, it doesn't work now, so either I imagined it working, or...I dont know...sorry.