[ROM] ZN Custom Firmware - 1.014.00_ZN-v1.2

Search This thread

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
Hello. Here's the second version of our ZN Custom Firmware. It is created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru). The original post is here.

WARNING - If it works on your device, be careful, as with an unlocked bootloader you can brick you tab faster than you can imagine.

Installation:

1) You'll need to do everything, what is written here or here. If your bootloader is already unlocked, and recovery is installed - you can miss this point.

2) Download the firmware - http://depositfiles.com/files/smnuqxxei

3) Install it using CWM or TWRP

4) That's all!

Features:
  • Patched 1.014 ICS kernel. Now mounting of /system partition is unlocked
  • modded boot.img
  • Better battery saving in standby
  • Rooted
  • NTFS SD cards supported
  • Init.d scripts enabled
  • bind-dir with autorun support from init.d (not working with NTFS)
  • Superuser and AcerRing is integrated in system partition
  • All Acer's and some Google's apps removed
  • Packages included (in user partition, removable via Apps Manager in Settings)
    • Adobe flash player
    • BSPlayer Lite
    • GPS Test
    • ES File Explorer
    • Quadrant Standart
    • Quick Boot
    • QuickBoot
    • Titanium Backup
    • Touch Recalibrate
    • "DIGI Clock" and "Weather forecast" widgets
  • Custom build.prop integrated
  • Root mode for adb unlocked
  • AcerRing with corrected background picture
  • Battery in %
  • Custom bootanimation: Frosty-Boot [v.Acer] with GEARS for Acer Iconia Tab A100

Screenshots:

Attachments

• IMG_20120519_005333.jpg
    IMG_20120519_005333.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,010
  • IMG_20120519_205922.jpg
    IMG_20120519_205922.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 903
  • IMG_20120519_205926.jpg
    IMG_20120519_205926.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 851
  • IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 1,030
Last edited:

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
no, it's not only the boot.img, there are some other changes.

Well, if someone have installed recovery to install this firmware, so he or she won't need to install it again. Am I right?

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
I can't figure out how to download this. I don't read rushian (or greek or whatever that is). I entered the captcha and then clicked the link that LOOKed like what I was supposed to and it starting download some file ending with .msi so I canceled it.

Usually, custom ROMs come with their own boot.img, so if someone installs then, then a custom ROM, then this gets overwritten. if they install this, on top of their custom ROM, it'll work, unless the custom rom had a custom boot.img that it was dependant on.

Can you tell me if ro.product.modelalias still says A200 with this patch?

Last edited:

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
Sorry, tomorrow i'll upload it to some other place. To download this file untick where it's written smth about Яндекс.Бар. And there won't be any .msi file. Or use Google Translate :)

You are right, there is a custom boot.img, and many features in the firmware depend on it. But boot.img is not the only feature of this firmware. That was what I wanted to say

In build.prop it's written ro.product.modelalias=A100.

Euclid's Brother

May 3, 2011
Dallas, TX
www.interphaze.com
Sorry, tomorrow i'll upload it to some other place. To download this file untick where it's written smth about Яндекс.Бар. And there won't be any .msi file. Or use Google Translate :)

You are right, there is a custom boot.img, and many features in the firmware depend on it. But boot.img is not the only feature of this firmware. That was what I wanted to say

In build.prop it's written ro.product.modelalias=A100.

Got it, downloading now. The link dissappeared when I hit the Translate button. But unchecking the checkbox worked. Thanks!

I updated my code to look at both ro.product.model and ro.product.modelalias.

Thanks!

ptesmoke

Sep 23, 2008
Cold Lake
Some tasks (especially heavier ones) will not be as snappy (only if the cpu is limited to the slower speed also depending on how slow it is set to). The battery life should be significantly better though.

is there a reason we cant incorporate smoothass governors etc into the kernel? limiting to 500mhz is pretty unproductive...if your require alot of processing itll take twice as long at 500mhz to accomplish its instructions...thus using the cpu twice as long as it would have if it was able to ramp up to 1ghz to take care of it.

lower cpu is only helpful in an idle state to conserve power...why on earth would we want to lock it at half its speed?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Theonew

Dec 4, 2010
Wherever I am
is there a reason we cant incorporate smoothass governors etc into the kernel? limiting to 500mhz is pretty unproductive...if your require alot of processing itll take twice as long at 500mhz to accomplish its instructions...thus using the cpu twice as long as it would have if it was able to ramp up to 1ghz to take care of it.

lower cpu is only helpful in an idle state to conserve power...why on earth would we want to lock it at half its speed?

No, there is nothing stopping the integration of more governors into the kernel. If you do heavy usage on the tab with the cpu underclocked so low (and limited at that point), then yes, it will put more strain on the processor. One would want it set so low for conserving battery (and not really using the tab for anything e.g. While you're sleeping). I usually set profiles on my devices to lower the frequency and set the governor to conservative when the screen is off (never done it on this device though).

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
thanks, any plan on adding USB host mode?
Our hardware (motherboard) doesn't support it.

The reason is called "kernel sources". Without 'em we can't do anything (overclock, add governors) with our processor.

If you look at the usage of frequences, you'll see, that 80% of the working time the frequence is 200 mgz. And while testing, I didn't meet any problems with 456mgz, all the programs and games work smooth, and still 80% of the usage time is on 200mgz.

If you don't like this slowing down, why on earth you can't disable is? everything is written in the 1st post

Last edited:

samco08

Jan 24, 2009
thx

Thx to you !!!
Il Will try it today.

Systèm in RW mod ?
The memory swap is integrated ?
Obligation of full wipe before installation ?

And the last question... have we to make a advanced restoration of the unlocked Boot with CWM after flashing.

THANK YOU in advance for your answers to my question..... :)

Last edited:

ZeroNull

Feb 6, 2012
Omsk
Thx to you !!!
Il Will try it today.

Systèm in RW mod ?
The memory swap is integrated ?
Obligation of full wipe before installation ?

And the last question... have we to make a advanced restoration of the unlocked Boot with CWM after flashing.

THANK YOU in advance for your answers to my question..... :)

Yes, it's included in root access
If it's not written about memory swap, than it's not intergated
No, /data must not be wiped, and /system/ will be wiped automatically, but only in 1.XX versions. 1.XX.X are only a kind of small update to already installed firmware

No, recovery and bootloader are deleted from this package, so they will stay as they were.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello. Here's the second version of our ZN Custom Firmware. It is created by ZeroNull and vdsirotkin (4pda.ru). The original post is here.

WARNING - If it works on your device, be careful, as with an unlocked bootloader you can brick you tab faster than you can imagine.

Installation:

1) You'll need to do everything, what is written here or here. If your bootloader is already unlocked, and recovery is installed - you can miss this point.

2) Download the firmware - http://depositfiles.com/files/smnuqxxei

3) Install it using CWM or TWRP

4) That's all!

Features:
    • Patched 1.014 ICS kernel. Now mounting of /system partition is unlocked
    • modded boot.img
    • Better battery saving in standby
    • Rooted
    • NTFS SD cards supported
    • Init.d scripts enabled
    • bind-dir with autorun support from init.d (not working with NTFS)
    • Superuser and AcerRing is integrated in system partition
    • All Acer's and some Google's apps removed
    • Packages included (in user partition, removable via Apps Manager in Settings)
      • Adobe flash player
      • BSPlayer Lite
      • GPS Test
      • ES File Explorer
      • Quadrant Standart
      • Quick Boot
      • QuickBoot
      • Titanium Backup
      • Touch Recalibrate
      • "DIGI Clock" and "Weather forecast" widgets
    • Custom build.prop integrated
    • Root mode for adb unlocked
    • AcerRing with corrected background picture
    • Battery in %
    • Custom bootanimation: Frosty-Boot [v.Acer] with GEARS for Acer Iconia Tab A100

Screenshots:
    Version 2 released. Moved to 1.014 firmware. Read the Features section in the 1st post.
    do i have to do factory/data reset if i come from version 1??
    It is recommended, but should work and so.
    At the momment just using the kernal in this for now with my jerry rigged flex reaper an found that you can use setcpu to control the processor speed an change the govenor an sofar holy smokes i'm getting way more battery life out of my tab now o.o 19hours most of it idle with mild e-reading an gps use.