MJ7 to MJE help

Search This thread

brex91

Nov 29, 2013
Hi, already rooted, and have been running cleanrom on my MJ7 N3 for awhile now, and I see that many of the newer roms require MJE.

What would be the easist way to update to MJE, and could I just flash a MJE rom anyways?

(also I have deleted the stock rom for more space, worst case I'll odin back to stock, just wondering if there is a faster way than going back to stock, updating, then installing another custom rom.)

Last edited:

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
Hi, already rooted, and have been running cleanrom on my MJ7 N3 for awhile now, and I see that many of the newer roms require MJE.

What would be the easist way to update to MJE, and could I just flash a MJE rom anyways?

(also I have deleted the stock rom for more space, worst case I'll odin back to stock, just wondering if there is a faster way than going back to stock, updating, then installing another custom rom.)

You CAN flash MJE roms but you'll likely have wifi and signal issues. SOme have done it and worked around the issues.

Use Odin to flash MJE tar is best way to get to MJE. If Kingo is still slow, use Vroot.

For any help or links, check Note 3 link in my sig

Mr. HQ

Jun 4, 2010
OTA Survival?

You CAN flash MJE roms but you'll likely have wifi and signal issues. SOme have done it and worked around the issues.

Use Odin to flash MJE tar is best way to get to MJE. If Kingo is still slow, use Vroot.

For any help or links, check Note 3 link in my sig

Using paid version of SuperSU 1.93, (updated binaries) will it survive OTA? from MJ7 to MJE?

Az Biker

Sr. Mod / RC-RT Committees / Shred'r of MTBs
Staff member
Using paid version of SuperSU 1.93, (updated binaries) will it survive OTA? from MJ7 to MJE?

The results are kinda split on this. Some have said they survived OTA and many have said they lost root and had to Odin MJE anyway.

I usually tell folks to just Odin MJE and that way you only have to flash MJE ONCE :D