[Q] Software Update not functioning

Search This thread

Gorastus

Sep 3, 2007
I have had the GN3 for a few months. I used Kingo some time back and when the 4.3 update came out I accepted it. I lost the root at that point, but then decided I didn't really need it as I only wanted it so didn't have to enforce PIN security for mail. I installed a mail client that optionally doesn't enforce PIN security...

So - long story short, when 4.4 KK came out I was excited to get it. It said an OTA update was available and I accepted. The install failed. I tried again, and it failed again. I thought it may have been the remnants of the Kingo process, so I UNrooted with Kingo and it was clean. No more open padlock. Did a factory reset, too.

Now when I try to do an OTA, Software Update does absolutely nothing. You can press it till you turn purple and it just does nothing at all.

What are my options at this point? I would like to get to KK.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

CLEVELANiMAL

Sep 8, 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
There are many threads in here that will solve your problem. Basically you're missing a couple files that need to be put back. Option 2 is go to your local Best Buy, and the Samsung rep should be able to flash your update.