[Q] Help with root Sprint N900PVPUCNC5 !!!

Search This thread

lsdyna

Jul 26, 2013
Hello,

I followed this post to root and install TWRP recovery on my Sprint Samsung Note 3. The root procedures went well, showing rooted successfully.However, I installed TWRP recovery using GooManager, and also tried installig through Odin.

It shows that TWRP recovery is successfully installed, but I am not able to boot into recovery. The phone seems to try to boot into TWRP for ever.....

Later I read this post, which says that Do not try on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware!

IS my issue due to my rooting and installing TWRP are based on 4.4.2 (my phone is having new NC5 OTA update)? How shall I do?

Thank you very much for your helps!!!

doubledragon5

Jun 29, 2011
Lewisville, Tx
Hello,

I followed this post to root and install TWRP recovery on my Sprint Samsung Note 3. The root procedures went well, showing rooted successfully.However, I installed TWRP recovery using GooManager, and also tried installig through Odin.

It shows that TWRP recovery is successfully installed, but I am not able to boot into recovery. The phone seems to try to boot into TWRP for ever.....

Later I read this post, which says that Do not try on Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware!

IS my issue due to my rooting and installing TWRP are based on 4.4.2 (my phone is having new NC5 OTA update)? How shall I do?

Thank you very much for your helps!!!

You should be suing TWRP 2.7.0.1 and do not use goo manager.. Go to their site and click on the alternate download.. I do believe TWRP mentioned they disable the goo manage download because of issues.. Make sure you are also choosing the right phone.. I have choosing the wrong phone more than once.. Also when your done flashing in odin, and you reboot into recovery manually, make sure you wait until you see the line about recovery, before you release the 3 buttons, or you will just boot into your desktop.. Also you can use TWRP on KItKat firmware as many have done so..