[Bootscreen] VillainROM - Eat this apple

What do you think of this bootscreen?

• Brilliant, please make more!

Votes: 106 86.2%
  • Meh.... not my kind of thing.

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Make it stop! you are rubbish at bootscreens, never make another!

Votes: 7 5.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

CyberWalrus

Sep 5, 2009
Hi all! this is my first bootscreen, designed for use with any VillainROM version.
I know you really just want to see the bootscreen, and dont really care what I say, so heres a preview:
first animation:
boot1-1.gif

Looping animation:
boot2.gif

Thanks a lot to phaelox, who made the zip attached for you to flash, without him, this bootscreen wouldnt work!

I made this bootscreen because I felt that villainROM is so good it seserves its own bootscreen, and I im kina sick of the nexus one boot :p

Hope everyone likes it, If you want a version with a custom tagline, or have any ideas for a bootscreen that you would like to see, just ask and I will get back to you.

This bootscreen took quite a while to make (photoshop + gifs = frustration)
and was more fiddly than I though it would be, So all thanks are MUCH appreciated

Attachments

• bootscreen_VillainROM-by-CyberWalrus_signed.zip
    3 MB · Views: 921
Reactions: Harpratap

hamstermerc

Jan 11, 2010
Wow i love it, just about to try and flash it. Stylish little addition to an already great ROM. Good job.

CyberWalrus

Sep 5, 2009
Well, ive just updated to the latest villainRom, and flashed that same zip again, and it works, so i presume it is ok. I know it wont work on not sense based 2.1 roms, because they have there bootscreen in a different place. However, due to the VillainROM branding on the bootscreen, i dont imagine that will be a problem :p

tristan202

Nov 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
I have made one just like yours, that I'm thinking of using with my theme, if that's ok with you.

sensevillain.gif

Wait for the entire animation to load. It'll run more smoothly.

CyberWalrus

Sep 5, 2009
Looks nice, but will need heavilly optimising, notice how mine loads quick? thats cause the gif is really small. Cut down the colour pallate, dithering to max in photoshop "save for web and devices" leave it as it is and it will stutter badley on your hero, and may not even manage ro run properly before the phone boots...
Still, I dont mind you using my concept, I would like to see everyone elses creations!

tristan202

Nov 12, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Looks nice, but will need heavilly optimising, notice how mine loads quick? thats cause the gif is really small. Cut down the colour pallate, dithering to max in photoshop "save for web and devices" leave it as it is and it will stutter badley on your hero, and may not even manage ro run properly before the phone boots...
Still, I dont mind you using my concept, I would like to see everyone elses creations!

Firstly, I don't use Photoshop to make my bootscreens. Secondly, I know how to optimize them. I have made mine as bootanimation.zip, as they tend to run smoother than the gifs, and it run perfectly on my Hero.

masterpfa

Mar 17, 2008
London UK
I have made mine as bootanimation.zip, as they tend to run smoother than the gifs, and it run perfectly on my Hero.
Hi
tristan202 is there a guide on how to create these boot screens, I was looking to play around with one or two such as the HTC Quietly Brilliant. Would it involve re-signing a bootanimation zip? (I have managed to find a few from other ROMS)

O

Orionscrest

Tried flashing this to Villian 4beta2 but it's not coming up. I noticed that my bootscreen files are in a bootanimation.zip and are all .png files, whereas this is gif in a directory.

Any help here would be hot :p

ddotpatel

Mar 10, 2010
Leeds, UK
Hi
tristan202 is there a guide on how to create these boot screens, I was looking to play around with one or two such as the HTC Quietly Brilliant. Would it involve re-signing a bootanimation zip? (I have managed to find a few from other ROMS)

Have a read through this thread --> [BOOTSCREEN REQUEST] - Stargate "Puddle" Effect

PHAELOX basically ended up giving me step by step instructions on creating bootscreen update.zip's from .gif files. If your using .gif files from other bootscreens, I assume you can skip the Adobe Fireworks stuff.

EDIT...... PHAELOX has done a [HOW TO] Make your own bootscreen and create signed zip

Last edited:

ddotpatel

Mar 10, 2010
Leeds, UK
Tried flashing this to Villian 4beta2 but it's not coming up. I noticed that my bootscreen files are in a bootanimation.zip and are all .png files, whereas this is gif in a directory.

Any help here would be hot :p

Is that an Android 2.1 ROM?...

If you're running a 2.1 rom, the bootscreen is in a different format. Flashing a cupcake bootscreen won't do anything then. You'd need to convert it to the new format first.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk

Take a look here --> [Boot Animation]Android Supernova v0.9

O

Orionscrest

I've already got that one on my Hero right now lol.

Just found it a little strange that a boot screen made for VillianROM doesn't work on it. Trying to convert it myself but most of the tutorials regarding boot screens that I find contain information on using gifs. Anyone able to help me find one for a 2.1 boot screen?

Last edited:

ddotpatel

Mar 10, 2010
Leeds, UK
I've already got that one on my Hero right now lol.

Just found it a little strange that a boot screen made for VillianROM doesn't work on it. Trying to convert it myself but most of the tutorials regarding boot screens that I find contain information on using gifs. Anyone able to help me find one for a 2.1 boot screen?

Im sorry, im not someone who can help you with this one,... TRISTAN202 and PHAELOX are the guys with the know-how,....

PHAELOX has converted a G1 bootscreen to the Hero so he'd be able to do what you want,.... go here --> [Bootscreen] Android Supernova for Hero ... and ask nicely, Im sure he'd be willing to help.

Mehumummo

May 5, 2010
Love it!

Maybe not as smooth as official VillainROM bootscreen (strange jump between begin and looping animation), but definetly way way more cooler ;)
(Those candyblue colors are just disgusting..)

Maybe better one to compare would be Supernova. Well this wins, but barely because this is not as smooth.

Please make it smooth and it will rule 'em all :)

franeti1978

Jun 14, 2010
Hi!

I have installed this file, and doesn´t run... nothing new happens...

Must I install something other than this file? I have Villainrom 12.0.0...

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 2500726

Hi!

I have installed this file, and doesn´t run... nothing new happens...

Must I install something other than this file? I have Villainrom 12.0.0...

Thanks!

This was for older VillainROMs if it should work for VillainROM 12 there would need to be made a new flashable zip;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all! this is my first bootscreen, designed for use with any VillainROM version.
    I know you really just want to see the bootscreen, and dont really care what I say, so heres a preview:
    first animation:
    boot1-1.gif

Looping animation:
    boot2.gif

Thanks a lot to phaelox, who made the zip attached for you to flash, without him, this bootscreen wouldnt work!

I made this bootscreen because I felt that villainROM is so good it seserves its own bootscreen, and I im kina sick of the nexus one boot :p

Hope everyone likes it, If you want a version with a custom tagline, or have any ideas for a bootscreen that you would like to see, just ask and I will get back to you.

This bootscreen took quite a while to make (photoshop + gifs = frustration)
    and was more fiddly than I though it would be, So all thanks are MUCH appreciated