A new ROM. Xperia E :')

Search This thread

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
My exams are almost up so i plan on doing something never done before ( not working out :p )
A new ROM ( ICS ) based. Thought of all Sirius stuff at first, but who loves lag? So, this will be stock and Cm fusion. Removed bloatware. Will contain the following things -: non-stock.
Moto G font * zorb *
Moto g/Sirius/custom wallpapers.
Basic launcher.
Moto G ringtones.
Custom bootanim.
Apollo? + Viper? Odexed probably.
No Sony Media apps, ( questions? Regarding Sony+cm fusion ROM having no Sony media apps? They consume high ram and lag eventually ) searching for a fancy camera ( lenovo or moto x or just Google ). ROM should be light i guess. Chip in your ideas and i might as well consider them :)

Sent from my C1605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: TheRealSS

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
I'm with you on this. My exams will be over late in the second week of March.
After, I've planned to develop a custom (stock based) kernel. (Currently brainstorming)
As for the ROM, it doesn't mean that JB means lag. It could be both JB and fast, depending on how the ROM is built.

Reactions: NeoTrix

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
Relatively ICS is fast, how about oc kernel for my ROM? ( ICS ) ? And a smart ass v2 governor.
Remember : playing with kernels can be tough

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
music player? audio is the best part of XE...
a good keyboard app is necessary

Apollo, works fine. Viper audio engine will be included as well. :)
Keyboard shall be honami, i guess. Really like the ui plus gesture typing accuracy is better than that of 4.2 keyboard IMO

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
Keyboard shall be honami, i guess. Really like the ui plus gesture typing accuracy is better than that of 4.2 keyboard IMO

Apollo? mmmmmmm i don't find apollo as appealing as walkman

on cm10 i still use the stock walkman rather than apollo
someother player please ?
even i use viperFX ...
i mean music is a good feature of xperia E (if one has good headphones) ....and it deserves more than apollo

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore

even i use viperFX ...
i mean music is a good feature of xperia E (if one has good headphones) ....and it deserves more than apollo

Apollo is light actually. Walkman is very heavy on ram.
Can give an option of ttpod as well :)

Reactions: Grimlock007

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
That would be more soft-mod than rom.

Would involve build.prop tweaks, zipalogned apks, and a few pre- installed scripts/tweaks.
Sorry for a noob-type question, could you list out the difference between soft mod and ROM please? :)
Since we don't have cm9, trying to at least theme it to that level and remove all the Sony apps and preload cm9 apps.

lozohcum

Jan 14, 2013
Internety
Would involve build.prop tweaks, zipalogned apks, and a few pre- installed scripts/tweaks.
Sorry for a noob-type question, could you list out the difference between soft mod and ROM please? :)
Since we don't have cm9, trying to at least theme it to that level and remove all the Sony apps and preload cm9 apps.

'rom' is something more individual like it's own theme or unique features.

Soft-mod has some apps removed, few added, copied tweaks into system and that's all. We have plenty of softmods here.

also: soft-mods are based on someone's else work for example when you just take bunch of modifications from the forum and put them into one package with CM10/stock

D

Deleted member 5439257

Soft-mod has some apps removed, few added, copied tweaks into system and that's all. We have plenty of softmods here.

also: soft-mods are based on someone's else work for example when you just take bunch of modifications from the forum and put them into one package with CM10/stock

But you have to admit that ROM sounds better than soft-mod ;).

N00bs like me need to start somewhere. I mean, even from copying and pasting I have learned more than simply flashing ROMs(or soft-mods :p) other people made. I really want to get further involved in development and maybe, just maybe, I get to learn from source in the future. Would be awesome to compile my own CM(for example).

Mats

lozohcum

Jan 14, 2013
Internety
But you have to admit that ROM sounds better than soft-mod ;).

N00bs like me need to start somewhere. I mean, even from copying and pasting I have learned more than simply flashing ROMs(or soft-mods :p) other people made. I really want to get further involved in development and maybe, just maybe, I get to learn from source in the future. Would be awesome to compile my own CM(for example).

Mats

Doesn't matter how it sounds when it's just a lie.

Porting MIUI5 is good for learning basics of android, good luck with learning I hope you won't have many problems

NeoTrix

May 12, 2013
Bangalore
Alright, if its a soft mod, I'm going to do it that way. Just to learn stuff about kitchen, etc. I also plan on porting miui or something but we do need a stable cm10. @Revontheus - what you said? :p requesting ROMs?
I didn't mention honami camera, I'm going for the Google camera only

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
Relatively ICS is fast, how about oc kernel for my ROM? ( ICS ) ? And a smart ass v2 governor.
Well, I originally want to release it for stock JB, and maybe make a similar version for your ROM too, if time (and patience!!) permits.

Remember : playing with kernels can be tough
Exactly.
I'm well aware of that and its why I want to jump in directly into the nitty-gritty of Android.
Its highly probable that I'll fail with the kernel, and thus I'm not promising anything. But I'm still learning, and its a long way to being a full-fledged developer.

Grimlock007

Jan 25, 2014
Cybertron
Before requesting ROMs consider the phones crappy hardware, if it can handle stuff like Honami Camera and those Apps made for the Z2, remember the E runs on the oldest and ( weakest ) S1 Cortex A5 so don't go expecting apps made for the Snapdragon 801 to work on the older generations :)

There are alot of ROMs for E just install Viper and those Sirius wallpapers u were asking for
E has the least number of roms...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

My exams are almost up so i plan on doing something never done before ( not working out :p )
    A new ROM ( ICS ) based. Thought of all Sirius stuff at first, but who loves lag? So, this will be stock and Cm fusion. Removed bloatware. Will contain the following things -: non-stock.
    Moto G font * zorb *
    Moto g/Sirius/custom wallpapers.
    Basic launcher.
    Moto G ringtones.
    Custom bootanim.
    Apollo? + Viper? Odexed probably.
    No Sony Media apps, ( questions? Regarding Sony+cm fusion ROM having no Sony media apps? They consume high ram and lag eventually ) searching for a fancy camera ( lenovo or moto x or just Google ). ROM should be light i guess. Chip in your ideas and i might as well consider them :)

I'm with you on this. My exams will be over late in the second week of March.
    After, I've planned to develop a custom (stock based) kernel. (Currently brainstorming)
    As for the ROM, it doesn't mean that JB means lag. It could be both JB and fast, depending on how the ROM is built.
    music player? audio is the best part of XE...
    a good keyboard app is necessary

even i use viperFX ...