[Q] Battery drain and wakelock detector

Search This thread

leahg725

Mar 18, 2013
I took the phone off the charger last night right before I went to bed at 100% and I woke up with 58% battery remaining. I don't understand what happened during the 8 hours I was asleep to now.
I attached 2 pictures from wakelock detector. The first one is CPU wakelock the second one is wake up triggers. Can anyone help me understand what happened?

leahg725

Mar 18, 2013
I took the phone off the charger last night right before I went to bed at 100% and I woke up with 58% battery remaining. I don't understand what happened during the 8 hours I was asleep to now.
I attached 2 pictures from wakelock detector. The first one is CPU wakelock the second one is wake up triggers. Can anyone help me understand what happened?

I had to upload the pictures here because it didn't work on the first post

Attachments

• wld1.jpg
    wld1.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 178
  • wld2.jpg
    wld2.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 138

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I had to upload the pictures here because it didn't work on the first post
Are you rooted?? If you are enable advanced Mode in WakeLock Detector then see what's showing up for you.

Or grab Better Battery Stats and post what your Partial WakeLocks and Alarms are.

If I had to guess I'd say maybe it's too do with your WiFi, Location settings, maybe even a rogue app or two but from the screen shots you posted that really doesn't seem to be the case.

- Tapatalked from the G3

leahg725

Mar 18, 2013
Are you rooted?? If you are enable advanced Mode in WakeLock Detector then see what's showing up for you.

Or grab Better Battery Stats and post what your Partial WakeLocks and Alarms are.

If I had to guess I'd say maybe it's too do with your WiFi, Location settings, maybe even a rogue app or two but from the screen shots you posted that really doesn't seem to be the case.

- Tapatalked from the G3

I am rooted and I have installed better battery stats today so I am hoping to get some answers.

leahg725

Mar 18, 2013
Make sure you enable Root Features in BBS .

Then Yea just post your Stats here and it'll be easy to tell.

- Tapatalked from the G3

I just did thanks for the heads up didn't notice that I could do that. Oh and advanced mode is enabled in wakelock detector and has been since I downloaded it.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
I just did thanks for the heads up didn't notice that I could do that. Oh and advanced mode is enabled in wakelock detector and has been since I downloaded it.
Well like I said could be a number of things. Just for starters though you could make sure WiFi Always Scanning is turned off and turn off Location when not in use. Could try also use the Xposed Module NipUnBounce to limit your Location based WakeLocks so it's not waking you phone up every minute.

Also if you don't already use Greenify try that.

There's also the WakeLock Terminator app you can get from Play Store if you need it.

Seeing what your a Partial WakeLocks and Alarms are though will really help so take screen shots of those if you can.

- Tapatalked from the G3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I find keeping my phone turned off all the time has helped battery tremendously