[Q] Xoom proxy settings

Search This thread

int_19h

Feb 24, 2011
Redmond, WA
I recall this being missing in Android 2.x last I dealt with it, but I would have thought they added it by 3.0. And yet I can't find proxy settings anywhere on my newly bought Xoom. Is it just me being blind, or is it really not there?

Phylar

Aug 19, 2010
I'm necro'ing this thread, but I found out that HTTP Proxy Settings from the market works just fine to expose the native Setting's Proxy page. I have no idea why it's disabled, but it works just fine for me! I just barely got it working, so I hope the setting is per WiFi network, as I'll have to clear it when I get back home, which would suck.

dusty_nz

May 5, 2008
HTTP Proxy settings is not working with my xoom. Ran the app and it shows a blank Proxy screen.

Restarted Xoom. No change.

Do I need to root?

burden010

Sep 7, 2008
Not sure if this will work on the Xoom but on my phone I've created a Proxy shortcut using Any Cut. New shortcut > Activity > Proxy. Works well as long as you don't need proxy authentication.

cma1032

Sep 1, 2006
San Francisco, CA
Use Firefox Mobile

Use Firefox mobile and go to the add ons section and install the proxy mobile add-on. After you install it, go to proxy mobile from your add-on and enter your proxy settings.