[HD bootanimation] Original ICS bootanimation on Xoom

Search This thread

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
Here you guys the HD version of ICS bootanimation..

eris_ics_boot.gif

Just overwrite the one in system/media folder by root explorer or put it in data/local..

The link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3u3meslj6by6zud

21c7b3d0cd20d295eaec5a7c1e66f3bd55439eeb056fd1c7560c58b3c3f604564g.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kev0153

dccrens

Apr 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
When I try to move this to system/media I don't have enough space. Only about 10mb available. Not sure what I can remove if anything. There is a video director and an audio directory as well under system/media. The video directory has some mp4 vids in it. AndroidinSpace, DIsco, and Sunset... Not sure what these are.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

Never mind... Put in in data/local and it works great... Duh...

rubber guard

Aug 22, 2010
Austin
So since OP never answered, I downloaded and unzipped the file images are 960x540 in image size, so these are most definetly not "HD" like the OP claims them to be. They will be the same fuzzy boot animation we already have that came with ICS update to the Xoom.

is there proof a larger resolution version exists?

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
The boot animation in EOS is only 1.7 mb and this is 19 mb and there is no space is it possible to make it smaller?

Here is the smaller version
http://www.mediafire.com/?k0bwtca63m46fvq

By the way you can increase the size of system partition by deleting some unnecessary files like video folder in \system\media
also if you are not using 3G model of Xoom, you can delete Ringtones folder in \system\media\audio
By doing these steps, you will free about 10 mb from system memory

Good Luck

is there proof a larger resolution version exists?

Not to my knowledge, which is why I found this thread to be misleading. The xoom screen is 1280x800 so anything smaller doesn't seem to fit the "HD" bill. This is the same boot animation that comes on the ICS update for the xoom, so why we would need to download it again is beyond me.

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
How is this HD as compared to the boot animation that came with the ICS update to the Xoom? Is your gif just a representation? Or is it the size of your "HD" animation, if that is the case, wouldn't it be upscaled to fit the screen and look blurry like the other one?

Please explain.

So since OP never answered, I downloaded and unzipped the file images are 960x540 in image size, so these are most definetly not "HD" like the OP claims them to be. They will be the same fuzzy boot animation we already have that came with ICS update to the Xoom.

Yes it is 960x540 but not like fuzzy boot animation that came with ICS update to the Xoom.. Just install it to your Xoom and you will see the difference (better to make comparison between 2 Xooms running these boot animations).. It is much much better than that one coming with official ICS..
I hope you are satisfied now my dear friend and I hope if you can find us a better resolution one, to post it to us.. We are all waiting.. :cool:

Hope you the best :)

morbos

Jun 28, 2010
Saint Marys
Not to my knowledge, which is why I found this thread to be misleading. The xoom screen is 1280x800 so anything smaller doesn't seem to fit the "HD" bill. This is the same boot animation that comes on the ICS update for the xoom, so why we would need to download it again is beyond me.

Unless I missed the boat by a long shot, 3G/4G doesn't have stock ICS and our options are third party, so this is useful.

Sent from my Xoom using xda premium

SlCKB0Y

Jul 15, 2010

DO NOT USE THIS. It is complete and utter rubbish.

1. The first huge issue is that this is 20MB. This is totally RIDICULOUS.

2. Whoever made this has no idea about graphics. They have tried to increase the quality of image files which are already in a lossy format. The end result is that the quality of the image has not improved but the filesize is 10 x what it should be. This boot animation is enormous.

3. When this actually boots, the animation has a white corrupted border which is a result of the editing which was done on the files.

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS

See this post for the stock bootanimation.zip. It does not have the corrupted borders, is of a better quality and is only 1.8MB in size.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22450741&postcount=5

Last edited:

phokusone

Jul 18, 2011
the underground
a hd ics animation originally rendered for the xoom spec does not exist. The largest we have seen circulating was formatted for the tab 10.1 and I have a hunch this too was just another upscale of a smaller animation (this time from the gnex). the resolutions of the files (even the original xoom honeycomb animation) are not formatted properly for the device display and are upscaled by the hardware to fill the screen.

as i'd promised in a prior thread, I will post a full on breakdown of the xoom boot animation spec with the proper res formatting, a full desc.txt breakdown, and some other goodies. stay tuned.

phokus
[team eos]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

eris_ics_boot.gif

Just overwrite the one in system/media folder by root explorer or put it in data/local..

The link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3u3meslj6by6zud

21c7b3d0cd20d295eaec5a7c1e66f3bd55439eeb056fd1c7560c58b3c3f604564g.jpg
    Yes it is 960x540 but not like fuzzy boot animation that came with ICS update to the Xoom..

Yea? What was the source of this file and please explain how you managed to up-scale a lossy format image and increase the quality. This is impossible.

The only other ICS tablet with a resolution higher than the Xoom is the transformer prime, which does not have this animation, so where exactly did this "HD" version come from?

Sorry, but what utter ****e.

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

a hd ics animation originally rendered for the xoom spec does not exist.

phokus
    [team eos]

+1,000,000