[MOD][SOURCE][KB5] NINE (9) Lockscreens! [SGSII Lockscreen on Froyo][EDT][6.7.2011]

Search This thread

supazonique

Nov 1, 2010
Hollywood
Question for whitehawkx, im playin with bi-winning v3.0 and wanted to re-assign the messaging on the 4tab lockscreen, uh, how do I do it?

sent from omicron persei 8

supazonique

Nov 1, 2010
Hollywood
Expected it...my question is been unanswered from the past 10 days:)

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

eventually i will figure it out but having feedback on certain things obviously helps speed up the process, so far i've been able to ninjamorph a lot of my framework and twframework as well as settings.apk but there are some things i cant figure out.

Last edited:

protour73

Jun 12, 2010
Chicago
found out about this from the Zendroid thread ........ and in a word THANKS

these are pretty damn slick, nice to have a choice!!!

(crushed the THANKS button as well)

cire253

Jan 21, 2009
Puyallup
Just read through all the pages and I feel bad for the tw guys asking if this will work on bionix 1.3.1 and no one ever answered them lol

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
I am utterly stuck... have searched the net high and low... and found no working answer...

I've managed to port the 6 lockscreen mod, but whenever I try to port the 9 lockscreen mod, I can't recompile framework-res.apk...

framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:4172: error: Public entry identifier 0x1040480 entry index is larger than available symbols (index 1152, total symbols 1151).

I get this error about a dozen times...

I made sure each one had a unique, sequential identifier based on what was already in the public.xml... but it just hits a limit and won't do any more. I've found billions of hits with this error and absolutely 0 solutions. Am using latest apktool. If I decompile/recompile my framework without the any edits, it works, so it is *something* with these edits and not prexisting on the framework-res. Any clue what's going on? The only solutions I can find here and here don't seem to apply, as the framework *will* recompile before the 9 lockscreen edits... so decompiling with errors saved doesn't do anything. ... completely lost.

Last edited:

lotherius

Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
Even i get the same error may be we are missing a few files in the sources

Sent from my GT-I9003 using XDA App

I'm running a diff against the changes in KB5 though, and have made all the changes I could find in the framework... KD1 has a lot more strings in public.xml to start with than KB5 did, I think it may have hit a limit set elsewhere, or it's a limitation of apktool or aapt... not sure which.

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
I have run into that error before when compiling framework, but its been a while.

I believe it leans towards a bad resource id, in the public.xml if my memory serves right. When creating the resource ids for the new resources, be sure to start at the end of the resource id's for that section, and enumerate your new ones in accordance with what is already there.

Its hard to say without looking at the xml itself. If you want to post your edited public.xml that is causing the compiling errors, I'll take a quick look at it and see if I can find the culprit.

123Azul321

Sep 9, 2010
Hey guys I'm having a lot of issues with this. All I really want is the lock screens... just that getting there is my problem. I have KB5 deodexed but I had to use Odin to get it so it's not rooted. And I can't root it because of the 3e recovery. No conventional ways of rooting 2.2 have worked as of now.

I know that the clockwork version of the KB5 I have is rooted and already has clockwork so I was wondering if I could try this:

I would use odin to flash Eugene's JK2 Froyo that has the 2e recover and clockwork already in it. Then I would clockwork to the KB5 that is rooted and then clockwork from there to get this mod. But it seems risky and I don't want to brick my phone AGAIN. I know I can fix it if I brick it but Idk how many times I can push my luck.

Thanks guys and sorry I'm bumping this thread up after such a long time

Br1cK'd

Sep 23, 2010
Colorado
Hey guys I'm having a lot of issues with this. All I really want is the lock screens... just that getting there is my problem. I have KB5 deodexed but I had to use Odin to get it so it's not rooted. And I can't root it because of the 3e recovery. No conventional ways of rooting 2.2 have worked as of now.

I know that the clockwork version of the KB5 I have is rooted and already has clockwork so I was wondering if I could try this:

I would use odin to flash Eugene's JK2 Froyo that has the 2e recover and clockwork already in it. Then I would clockwork to the KB5 that is rooted and then clockwork from there to get this mod. But it seems risky and I don't want to brick my phone AGAIN. I know I can fix it if I brick it but Idk how many times I can push my luck.

Thanks guys and sorry I'm bumping this thread up after such a long time

Your not pushing your luck, just take your time. JK2, being pre rooted, is great jump off point. In fact that's what I always use. If you ever see me referring to flashing stock, that's the firmware in question.

Sent from my ICS'd Vibrant, melting all over XDA Premium

djf8

Dec 1, 2009
Choctaw, OK
Your not pushing your luck, just take your time. JK2, being pre rooted, is great jump off point. In fact that's what I always use. If you ever see me referring to flashing stock, that's the firmware in question.

When I restore to stock I Odin to jfd, but I never actually let it boot. I still have the old cwm 2.x on my sdcard and just boot into it and flash at will.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

123Azul321

Sep 9, 2010

Hey man thanks a lot. I did it and everything worked out perfectly!! I'm so happy I got my lockscreens now. Thanks for the help!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I was sick today I decided to kick froyo around a bit more. This mod comes with 9 lockscreens as well as the power menu and clock options. Flash through recovery just like any other mod. This will only work on deodexed KB5. Also, if you are using TouchWiz 4 this can be flashed over that as well. ;)

What's Included

9 Lockscreens!
    ~ 4-Tab (default)
    ~ Rotary
    ~ Puzzle
    ~ AOSP
    ~ Glass
    ~ Epic
    ~ Star Wars
    ~ Miui (YEA THAT'S RIGHT! :D )
    ~ SGSII (word)
    Clock Options
    ~ Hide Clock
    ~ Hide AM/PM
    Additional Mods
    ~ 'H' Mod
    ~ Killed battery full pop-up

DOWNLOAD <<<<< 9 Lockscreens

Music Controls Explanation
    ~ SGSII, Epic, Puzzle and Glass controls work ONLY with the stock TouchWiz music player
    ~ Miui, 4-Tab, AOSP, Rotary and Star Wars controls work with pretty much every music player EXCEPT the stock TouchWiz music player

~ Cool Feature! - Double tapping the lock on the Miui lockscreen will bring up the music controls

Known Issues
    ~ NONE!

SGSII Lockscreen MUST READ INFO!
    ~ Lockscreen is fully functional. Missed call and text notifications work. The music controls work as well but ONLY with the stock Samsung music player.
    ~ The text on the missed noti's sliders turns black and shrinks small when they connect. THIS IS NORMAL, IT'S SUPPOSE TO DO THIS. As a result of changes made to the smali, the sliders on 4-Tab, AOSP and Star Wars does the same thing.
    ~ If you touch where the missed noti sliders are when they are not present you will still feel a tiny vibration as though you touched one of the sliders. This however has no ill effect what-so-ever on functionality.
    ~ LOCKSCREEN WALLPAPERS WORK! You can set a custom wallpaper for the SGSII lockscreen by creating a folder on your internal sdcard "lockscreen_wallpaper" and then saving a JPG image as "edt_wallpaper.jpg" inside it. There are a few things to be aware of though. The wallpaper is not centered. It goes from the left most side of the image. So if you want a specific part of a wallpaper you will need to crop it in Gallery first. Also, if you mount your sdcards to your computer it will revert to the default wallpaper until you unmount. It will also not show up on reboot until media scanner has finished scanning. If you want to revert to the default wallpaper permanently, just simply delete the "edt_wallpaper.jpg" image in the /sdcard/lockscreen_wallpaper folder. ENJOY!!!!!!!

Change Log
    Code:
    6/7/2011
    ~ Fixed FC on 4-Tab and Miui (sorry!)

6/6/2011
    ~ Added SGSII lockscreen!

5/24/2011
    ~ Miui music controls fixed! All buttons work exactly as they should
    ~ Added music controls to AOSP, Rotary and Star Wars lockscreens
    ~ Fixed puzzle unlock text

5/18/2011
    ~ Fixed phone handle FC on missed call [Miui]
    ~ Fixed sms/mms error that ran in the background [Miui]

5/14/2011
    ~ Added Miui Lockscreen!

5/13/2011
    ~ Initial release [new 4-Tab lockscreen!]

Featured on AndroidSPIN!http://androidspin.com/2011/05/19/8-lockscreens-now-available-for-samsung-vibrant/

snap20110604_084615.png

snap20110514_104416.png

snap20110513_144340.png

* Special thanks to Roman for helping me out with the 4tab unlock! *

Rom chefs - feel free to use this mod in your roms, but please give proper credit for the work and click my thanks button. Thank you.

Credits
    ~ Untermensch
    ~ Sbrissen
    ~ S0niqu3
    ~ Dhiru1602
    ~ DAGr8
    Final Update

OP updated. This version will be final. All new mods will be directed to me and Roman's upcoming project.

Update includes Miui music controls 100% fixed. All buttons work exactly as they should. I also fixed the text on the puzzle lockscreen and added music controls to all the other lockscreens. :D Word.
    I dislike you, Whitehawks
    Would flashing this over jellette's sgsII clone overwrite the theme as well?

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App

Yes it will. This is based on the stock frameworks so if you flash this your phone will look stock.
    Who's ready for nine? ;)

snap20110602_215750.png